- RT @VivianORC: Wonderful day with @lakewilcoxps Gr4s - and great connections - this family knows some of the original families that attende… 1 day ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: Enjoying the sounds of the season with the a rehearsal in #socialjustice Plaza @aldergrovearts @YRDSB @YRDSBCECEast @YRDS… 1 day ago
- RT @JoannaMaselli: The drama room is my #happyplace bc it’s a #safespace for diverse ensembles to collaborate through the creative process… 1 day ago
- Please read the latest message from Corrie McBain, Board Chair. ow.ly/9Shg30hfDYY 2 days ago
- RT @opheacanada: Applications for the 2018-19 Minister's Student Advisory Council are open for students in grades 7-12 at publicly funded s… 2 days ago
- RT @BarbaraReidPS: #FramingFutures Thanks to everyone who donated to the @YRP #HolidayHeroes our students helped to load the bus with all t… 2 days ago
- Are you a great communicator? Enjoy writing for the web? Join the #YRDSB team as a Web Portal and Communications Of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @YRDSB_IES: Application for September 2018 is open! Check out application process from here: ow.ly/lTGa30hcw1T . School list from… 2 days ago
- Students from @MDHSInfo are holding a 5km holiday run in support of @sickkids! Learn more: ow.ly/Grnc30hepAD… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @opheacanada: THANK YOU @HighgatePS for sharing your cool moves and active learning skills with us! We had a blast being part of the tea… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
The Non Office Day
February 16, 2011Posted by on
A few weeks ago, an interesting idea caught my eye while reading postings from my professional learning network members on Twitter: the non office day. A few principals in the States and Canada talked about how they set aside a full day in their schools to be in classrooms, hallways and outside at recess. Tomorrow, I am going to try it at Lorna Jackson. Barring an emergency situation, I hope to spend the entire day outside of the school office. I am going to try to focus solely on celebrating the work our staff and students are doing in the building. The staff have been great at asking me to come in for visits and I have a full day scheduled including: a visit to both kindergarten rooms, a primary reading session, a junior math lesson and intermediate language activities. I also know that this will provide me with a lot of rich learning.
Looking forward to tomorrow.