- We're just a couple weeks away from the end of the school year, but the learning doesn't have to end! Check out our… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- The best of luck to all our students starting exams! Remember to study in small chunks, get a good night's rest an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- The #Ontario Fun Pass is now available! Check out all the fun activities and the great savings! Learn more:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- TONIGHT - #YRDSB Special Board Meeting. June 19, 2018 at 7:30PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/yGMP30kzjbE https://t.co/BwfXRcjidV 9 hours ago
- RT @YorkRegionGovt: Celebrating the success of the Trash Blasters school waste reduction program with Pine Grove PS and @envirodrum! Congra… 9 hours ago
- RT @WOWYorkRegion: We love seeing our elders passing on their knowledge. We are grateful to be in a space of knowledge sharing this evening… 12 hours ago
- Youth For Reconciliation - "I was the opposite of her and she hated what she knew of me. I started talking to her a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- ICYMI: The #YRDSB 2018-19 school year calendars are now available. Check them out: ow.ly/ZQXZ30kyqgp https://t.co/EjF3AX9UMi 1 day ago
- #YRDSB is on the trail to becoming an EcoBoard! This year 117 of our schools and all 5 outdoor ed centres received… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @activeforlife: Jump in the pool. Jump up for joy. Jump at the opportunity. Any way you slice it, jumping is fun and positive and full o… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
The Non Office Day
February 16, 2011Posted by on
A few weeks ago, an interesting idea caught my eye while reading postings from my professional learning network members on Twitter: the non office day. A few principals in the States and Canada talked about how they set aside a full day in their schools to be in classrooms, hallways and outside at recess. Tomorrow, I am going to try it at Lorna Jackson. Barring an emergency situation, I hope to spend the entire day outside of the school office. I am going to try to focus solely on celebrating the work our staff and students are doing in the building. The staff have been great at asking me to come in for visits and I have a full day scheduled including: a visit to both kindergarten rooms, a primary reading session, a junior math lesson and intermediate language activities. I also know that this will provide me with a lot of rich learning.
Looking forward to tomorrow.