- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 19 minutes ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 51 minutes ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 3 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 20 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBEarlyYears: YRDSB Early Years and ESL Teams are excited to share a new resource for families of children in Kindergarten. "Talking… 23 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peek behind the scenes with our new Director @LouiseSirisko . Stay tuned for the feature presentatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Do you know a school team doing amazing work to foster a safe, inclusive and accepting school environment? Nominate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Feeling the stress of exams? Did you know that if you study for a test in small chunks, you'll be more likely to re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
We danced our way to success
March 5, 2011Posted by on
Congratulations to our school council for their fine work with their third Annual Dance A Thon. Students and staff enjoyed a morning of dancing in our school gym. The day was classic March – rainy and grey- but inside the dance was a wonderful way to celebrate healthy living, learn some dance and movement moves and have fun. What a great way to shake off those winter blues.
Together, we raised over $3000 to support our school including the Mural Project with our local artist which will begin after March Break. The council also did a wonderful job at connecting with local businesses who in turn donated prizes for our Dance A Thon. We made important connections with our community and thank our local partners who donated so generously. The adage “it takes a village to raise a child” is so true and really came to life in the last week at our school. Many thanks to our volunteers who helped to organise the event, showed up day after day to manage the donations, and danced along with the students on March 4th.
Well done everyone!
Image used with permission under Creative Commons