- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 12 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
We danced our way to success
March 5, 2011Posted by on
Congratulations to our school council for their fine work with their third Annual Dance A Thon. Students and staff enjoyed a morning of dancing in our school gym. The day was classic March – rainy and grey- but inside the dance was a wonderful way to celebrate healthy living, learn some dance and movement moves and have fun. What a great way to shake off those winter blues.
Together, we raised over $3000 to support our school including the Mural Project with our local artist which will begin after March Break. The council also did a wonderful job at connecting with local businesses who in turn donated prizes for our Dance A Thon. We made important connections with our community and thank our local partners who donated so generously. The adage “it takes a village to raise a child” is so true and really came to life in the last week at our school. Many thanks to our volunteers who helped to organise the event, showed up day after day to manage the donations, and danced along with the students on March 4th.
Well done everyone!
Image used with permission under Creative Commons