- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 4 hours ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 7 hours ago
- TONIGHT - #YRDSB Board Standing Committee meeting. Oct 17 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/nHxb30fWaQC https://t.co/Vyg6XovoaU 8 hours ago
- Have a great idea for an article on student well-being? Make a submission to the #YRDSBQuest Journal by Nov 10 !… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today is the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Together we can create peaceful and inclusive societies. @UN #EndPoverty 10 hours ago
- Time for #TextbookTuesday! Check out this high school book-keeping text from 1890 with the latest & greatest accoun… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- October is Child Abuse Prevention Month! Let’s work together to keep kids safe & wear purple on Oct 24 to show your… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Time for a #SchoolBusSafetyWeek tip! Remind your children to look both ways before they step off the bus. #STOPONRED https://t.co/xL6CO39lJi 1 day ago
- It's Waste Reduction Week! Show us how you're eliminating waste & join in the conversation with #WasteReductionWeek… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Excited to launch our @yrdsbinclusion Twitter account. Follow us and join our learning journey. #yrdsb #equity #ontedeq… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
We danced our way to success
March 5, 2011Posted by on
Congratulations to our school council for their fine work with their third Annual Dance A Thon. Students and staff enjoyed a morning of dancing in our school gym. The day was classic March – rainy and grey- but inside the dance was a wonderful way to celebrate healthy living, learn some dance and movement moves and have fun. What a great way to shake off those winter blues.
Together, we raised over $3000 to support our school including the Mural Project with our local artist which will begin after March Break. The council also did a wonderful job at connecting with local businesses who in turn donated prizes for our Dance A Thon. We made important connections with our community and thank our local partners who donated so generously. The adage “it takes a village to raise a child” is so true and really came to life in the last week at our school. Many thanks to our volunteers who helped to organise the event, showed up day after day to manage the donations, and danced along with the students on March 4th.
Well done everyone!
Image used with permission under Creative Commons