- RT @VivianORC: Wonderful day with @lakewilcoxps Gr4s - and great connections - this family knows some of the original families that attende… 1 day ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: Enjoying the sounds of the season with the a rehearsal in #socialjustice Plaza @aldergrovearts @YRDSB @YRDSBCECEast @YRDS… 1 day ago
- RT @JoannaMaselli: The drama room is my #happyplace bc it’s a #safespace for diverse ensembles to collaborate through the creative process… 1 day ago
- Please read the latest message from Corrie McBain, Board Chair. ow.ly/9Shg30hfDYY 2 days ago
- RT @opheacanada: Applications for the 2018-19 Minister's Student Advisory Council are open for students in grades 7-12 at publicly funded s… 2 days ago
- RT @BarbaraReidPS: #FramingFutures Thanks to everyone who donated to the @YRP #HolidayHeroes our students helped to load the bus with all t… 2 days ago
- Are you a great communicator? Enjoy writing for the web? Join the #YRDSB team as a Web Portal and Communications Of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @YRDSB_IES: Application for September 2018 is open! Check out application process from here: ow.ly/lTGa30hcw1T . School list from… 2 days ago
- Students from @MDHSInfo are holding a 5km holiday run in support of @sickkids! Learn more: ow.ly/Grnc30hepAD… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @opheacanada: THANK YOU @HighgatePS for sharing your cool moves and active learning skills with us! We had a blast being part of the tea… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Healthy Snack program
March 11, 2011Posted by on
We are pleased to announce the return of our School’s Healthy Snack Program.
Here are the details of the program:
When: Wednesday mornings at recess.
What: The following foods will be ordered based on the Ministry Healthy Food guidelines which stipulate school snacks must contain two of the four food groups:
March 23 – apple spice muffin + banana
March 30 – yogurt + sliced apples
April 6 – granola bar + cucumbers / carrots
April 13- morning glory muffin + oranges
The products are nut-free and we have attached the full ingredient list on the back of the notice going home today. Please let us know if you have any questions or if you would prefer your child not partake in the program.
Why: This is part of York Region’s Food for Learning Program which promotes healthy eating in schools. The funding for this program has been provided to our school to support this initiative.
How: Snacks will be delivered to our school each week and two school council volunteers will help sort and deliver the snacks to all the classrooms. All students will have the opportunity to take a snack and enjoy it before going outside for morning recess.
I recommend all families to examine the new guidelines as they will not only inform our work moving forward as a school but are good for all of us to consider when planning family meals.
Here’s to healthy living choices.