- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Please join us for the upcoming EIAC community consultations. Check out flyers below for information & details. Third I… 3 hours ago
- RT @YorkRegionGovt: Is your school participating in #BikeToSchool Week? Private schools in York Region, @YRDSB and @YCDSB schools can regis… 3 hours ago
- TONIGHT - We will be @MHS_YRDSB hosting a town hall and gathering critical feedback to help influence the #YRDSB Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Our sincerest condolences to Renuka's family and @tdsb. Our thoughts are with your communities and families. twitter.com/tdsb/status/98… 7 hours ago
- RT @MsB_ELL: So proud of our Parkview students who got an honourable mention today for best picture at the water documentary film festival!… 7 hours ago
- Students and staff from @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental action projects through… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today we honour the administrative staff that work behind the scenes in our Board to support student achievement an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018! Get your registrations in by 12PM today. The event will take… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Amazing! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... Or in this case when life gives you an ice storm, make a stic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
May 20, 2011Posted by on
On behalf of the school, I wish everyone the very best for this long weekend. It looks like Saturday should be sunny so let’s hope we can all enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. It is amazing that the “unofficial start of summer” is here with the Victoria Day weekend. Although we are always busy here, May and June seem to always offer many exciting opportunities. Here is a look ahead to next week:
We made a decision today to postpone our Track and Field event until next week again due to the field conditions today. We want to ensure the conditions are ideal and safe for our participants. We are aiming for the morning of Tuesday May 24 and hope we get sunshine!
Author Eric Walters will visit us at next Tuesday in the afternoon for our grades 4-8 students. We thank our Teacher-Librarian for organizing this Literacy event.
We look forward to our Community Classes having the chance to participate in our area Track and Field event on Wednesday May 25. Go Jackson go!
Next Thursday May 26 is our talent evening. 18 acts will be performing representing students from grades 1 through 8. A reminder that any students attending the night must be accompanied by an adult. Our dress rehearsal will take place Thursday afternoon. We thank our School Council who will be hosting a snack table that evening starting at 6:30 p.m..
Friday May 27 is our Good news assembly at either 10:15 or 1:45 depending on our Track and Field progress next week so please stay tuned. Any parents who would like to join us please let us know in the office.
Once again, we wish you all the best for this long weekend.