- RT @PatriciaEGaspar: YRDSB Childrens Water Festival @yrdsb @YRDSBEcoSchools @yorkregionnews @YorkRegionGovt #kcss https://t.co/8MvAuPZ3Gq 12 hours ago
- Looking for some fun activities to do in August? Check out the 2017 #OntarioFunPass for all kinds of exciting deals… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- RT @ONedSsChat: @ONedSsChat #onted Ss learn how social media can be used to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Pls RT! #Stu… 16 hours ago
- RT @DungeyTod: Outdoor play time @YRDSB BBFK @VelloreWoods includes opportunities 4 learning in everything they do #yrdsbearlyyears #summer… 17 hours ago
- RT @HealthCanada: Kids are most vulnerable to extreme heat! Whether you’re provider or parent, be heat ready! ow.ly/icZy30dOr7H https… 18 hours ago
- ICYMI: #YRDSB is hiring Educational Assistants! Get your applications in today. Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EA EducationalAssistant 1 day ago
- RT @ms_ldavidson: Last week at camp we traveled around the world and learned about the importance of story telling in different cultures #y… 1 day ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students listen to professional podcaster @thejaywong & learn ways to expand personal br… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Congratulations #TeamOntario! #NAIG2017 twitter.com/IndigenousON/s… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: @CarolCampbell4 will be at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Will you? Registration is now open: ow.ly/fPuQ30dKxL6… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
May 20, 2011Posted by on
On behalf of the school, I wish everyone the very best for this long weekend. It looks like Saturday should be sunny so let’s hope we can all enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. It is amazing that the “unofficial start of summer” is here with the Victoria Day weekend. Although we are always busy here, May and June seem to always offer many exciting opportunities. Here is a look ahead to next week:
We made a decision today to postpone our Track and Field event until next week again due to the field conditions today. We want to ensure the conditions are ideal and safe for our participants. We are aiming for the morning of Tuesday May 24 and hope we get sunshine!
Author Eric Walters will visit us at next Tuesday in the afternoon for our grades 4-8 students. We thank our Teacher-Librarian for organizing this Literacy event.
We look forward to our Community Classes having the chance to participate in our area Track and Field event on Wednesday May 25. Go Jackson go!
Next Thursday May 26 is our talent evening. 18 acts will be performing representing students from grades 1 through 8. A reminder that any students attending the night must be accompanied by an adult. Our dress rehearsal will take place Thursday afternoon. We thank our School Council who will be hosting a snack table that evening starting at 6:30 p.m..
Friday May 27 is our Good news assembly at either 10:15 or 1:45 depending on our Track and Field progress next week so please stay tuned. Any parents who would like to join us please let us know in the office.
Once again, we wish you all the best for this long weekend.