- RT @VivianORC: Wonderful day with @lakewilcoxps Gr4s - and great connections - this family knows some of the original families that attende… 1 day ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: Enjoying the sounds of the season with the a rehearsal in #socialjustice Plaza @aldergrovearts @YRDSB @YRDSBCECEast @YRDS… 1 day ago
- RT @JoannaMaselli: The drama room is my #happyplace bc it’s a #safespace for diverse ensembles to collaborate through the creative process… 1 day ago
- Please read the latest message from Corrie McBain, Board Chair. ow.ly/9Shg30hfDYY 2 days ago
- RT @opheacanada: Applications for the 2018-19 Minister's Student Advisory Council are open for students in grades 7-12 at publicly funded s… 2 days ago
- RT @BarbaraReidPS: #FramingFutures Thanks to everyone who donated to the @YRP #HolidayHeroes our students helped to load the bus with all t… 2 days ago
- Are you a great communicator? Enjoy writing for the web? Join the #YRDSB team as a Web Portal and Communications Of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @YRDSB_IES: Application for September 2018 is open! Check out application process from here: ow.ly/lTGa30hcw1T . School list from… 2 days ago
- Students from @MDHSInfo are holding a 5km holiday run in support of @sickkids! Learn more: ow.ly/Grnc30hepAD… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @opheacanada: THANK YOU @HighgatePS for sharing your cool moves and active learning skills with us! We had a blast being part of the tea… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Summer weather, dress code and health and safety
June 1, 2011Posted by on
As the weather gets warmer we would like to take this opportunity to ask parents to review the Lorna Jackson dress code with their children. The dress code is outlined in the Student Agenda.
Our school will implement a Hot Weather Action plan when conditions warrant in accordance with both our board and school’s Health and Safety procedures. Some general guidelines we recommend to all our families is to:
– Ensure children dress in appropriate clothing for the temperatures
– Ensure your child comes to school with a drink for snack and lunch
– Ensure sunscreen is applied before your child leaves for school
– Have your child wear a hat for additional protection at recess times
On the announcements this week, we also reminded students to ensure their outdoor activities were not too vigorous and to use the shaded areas of our grounds as needed.
While many of us welcome the lovely weather this week, we do want to ensure that we have a safe and healthy time while enjoying the outdoors this June.