- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 11 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
September 12, 2011Posted by on
With one week completed in our school year, I find myself reflecting on just what it takes to launch a school year. This past week we saw the culmination of a lot of time, energy, planning and focus from our staff. As I walked the school grounds before and after school last week we saw many things, including:
- welcomes to new families and students
- and yes, a few tears from our JK students who started their first days
We have planned, collaboratively, our curricular programs for the year. We have ordered our supplies and prepared our learning spaces. However, what is most interesting, most fascinating to watch, is us. Our interactions together really drove the week.
Our work is indeed, what is essentially human.
I thank all of our staff for their work. I thank our parents, so many who came during our first week, to help us launch the year as well. Your work, reassurance with your children, hope, optimism, feedback and faith in us makes the world of difference. Our students have started their work in earnest. They have already come to school ready to learn and achieve. This week we will meet with all divisions to reviews expectations for the year.
Now, it is about the journey.
Join us this year.
Join us September 26th at 7 p.m in our library and be part of our school council whether formally or informally. Join us on Wednesday October 5th starting at 6:30 p.m. at our Meet the Teacher Evening.
Together, we will make this year’s journey a great one.