- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 11 minutes ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 44 minutes ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 56 minutes ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 3 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 20 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBEarlyYears: YRDSB Early Years and ESL Teams are excited to share a new resource for families of children in Kindergarten. "Talking… 23 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peek behind the scenes with our new Director @LouiseSirisko . Stay tuned for the feature presentatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Do you know a school team doing amazing work to foster a safe, inclusive and accepting school environment? Nominate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Feeling the stress of exams? Did you know that if you study for a test in small chunks, you'll be more likely to re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
September 12, 2011Posted by on
With one week completed in our school year, I find myself reflecting on just what it takes to launch a school year. This past week we saw the culmination of a lot of time, energy, planning and focus from our staff. As I walked the school grounds before and after school last week we saw many things, including:
- welcomes to new families and students
- and yes, a few tears from our JK students who started their first days
We have planned, collaboratively, our curricular programs for the year. We have ordered our supplies and prepared our learning spaces. However, what is most interesting, most fascinating to watch, is us. Our interactions together really drove the week.
Our work is indeed, what is essentially human.
I thank all of our staff for their work. I thank our parents, so many who came during our first week, to help us launch the year as well. Your work, reassurance with your children, hope, optimism, feedback and faith in us makes the world of difference. Our students have started their work in earnest. They have already come to school ready to learn and achieve. This week we will meet with all divisions to reviews expectations for the year.
Now, it is about the journey.
Join us this year.
Join us September 26th at 7 p.m in our library and be part of our school council whether formally or informally. Join us on Wednesday October 5th starting at 6:30 p.m. at our Meet the Teacher Evening.
Together, we will make this year’s journey a great one.