- ICYMI: Join Trustee Pang & Board Chair Carruthers for a #CoffeeChat in Unionville today from 3-5PM. Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- October 19 is #SpiritDay! Wear purple tomorrow to celebrate #LGBTQ youth and to take a stand against bullying! https://t.co/DBMDpnzqom 18 hours ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: @YRDSB @YRDSBArts This video captures the intentional & purposeful planning that goes into the murals & art at Aldergrove… 20 hours ago
- TOMORROW - #YRDSB Special Education Advisory Committee Meeting. Oct 19 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBGetOut: Hey @YRDSB! Look at all the amazing, engaged educators at our Outdoor Education Advisory Committee Meeting!! https://t.co/… 22 hours ago
- RT @YouthON: In Ontario, it’s the law to report #childabuse. See it? Report it. It’s the law. https://t.co/dK8RexVqzj 23 hours ago
- Today Canada mourns the loss of an icon who will be missed fully and completely. #RIPGordDownie https://t.co/1G68WKBwfc 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #Diwali, we would like to wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 1 day ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
YRDSB website Relaunch
September 13, 2011Posted by on
Our board has introduced it’s redesigned website this week. The site offers a new layout and design which we hope will help our students, parents and staff access information they need on our school board. Please join us in visiting the revised site at http://www.yrdsb.edu.on.ca/.
Tonight, I enjoyed reading the following reflection on the site: “We are committed to accelerating our advancement of digital literacy and ensuring that all staff and students acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to thrive in the 21st Century.” This statement aligns to our school’s Blueprints for Change work that we will embark on this year. I look forward to speaking more about it in the coming weeks here and at our school council meeting on September 26, 2011. Where did I read the statement? You can find it on a newly added feature – a blog from our director Ken Thurston in which he speaks about the board plan for improvement and goals for the year. I have added a link to our blog here for your future reference.
Please join us in celebrating the newly revised board website.