- RT @PatriciaEGaspar: YRDSB Childrens Water Festival @yrdsb @YRDSBEcoSchools @yorkregionnews @YorkRegionGovt #kcss https://t.co/8MvAuPZ3Gq 12 hours ago
- Looking for some fun activities to do in August? Check out the 2017 #OntarioFunPass for all kinds of exciting deals… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- RT @ONedSsChat: @ONedSsChat #onted Ss learn how social media can be used to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Pls RT! #Stu… 16 hours ago
- RT @DungeyTod: Outdoor play time @YRDSB BBFK @VelloreWoods includes opportunities 4 learning in everything they do #yrdsbearlyyears #summer… 17 hours ago
- RT @HealthCanada: Kids are most vulnerable to extreme heat! Whether you’re provider or parent, be heat ready! ow.ly/icZy30dOr7H https… 18 hours ago
- ICYMI: #YRDSB is hiring Educational Assistants! Get your applications in today. Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EA EducationalAssistant 1 day ago
- RT @ms_ldavidson: Last week at camp we traveled around the world and learned about the importance of story telling in different cultures #y… 1 day ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students listen to professional podcaster @thejaywong & learn ways to expand personal br… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Congratulations #TeamOntario! #NAIG2017 twitter.com/IndigenousON/s… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: @CarolCampbell4 will be at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Will you? Registration is now open: ow.ly/fPuQ30dKxL6… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
YRDSB website Relaunch
September 13, 2011Posted by on
Our board has introduced it’s redesigned website this week. The site offers a new layout and design which we hope will help our students, parents and staff access information they need on our school board. Please join us in visiting the revised site at http://www.yrdsb.edu.on.ca/.
Tonight, I enjoyed reading the following reflection on the site: “We are committed to accelerating our advancement of digital literacy and ensuring that all staff and students acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to thrive in the 21st Century.” This statement aligns to our school’s Blueprints for Change work that we will embark on this year. I look forward to speaking more about it in the coming weeks here and at our school council meeting on September 26, 2011. Where did I read the statement? You can find it on a newly added feature – a blog from our director Ken Thurston in which he speaks about the board plan for improvement and goals for the year. I have added a link to our blog here for your future reference.
Please join us in celebrating the newly revised board website.