- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 12 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
YRDSB website Relaunch
September 13, 2011Posted by on
Our board has introduced it’s redesigned website this week. The site offers a new layout and design which we hope will help our students, parents and staff access information they need on our school board. Please join us in visiting the revised site at http://www.yrdsb.edu.on.ca/.
Tonight, I enjoyed reading the following reflection on the site: “We are committed to accelerating our advancement of digital literacy and ensuring that all staff and students acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to thrive in the 21st Century.” This statement aligns to our school’s Blueprints for Change work that we will embark on this year. I look forward to speaking more about it in the coming weeks here and at our school council meeting on September 26, 2011. Where did I read the statement? You can find it on a newly added feature – a blog from our director Ken Thurston in which he speaks about the board plan for improvement and goals for the year. I have added a link to our blog here for your future reference.
Please join us in celebrating the newly revised board website.