- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 12 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
School organization & Meet the Teacher Evening
September 20, 2011Posted by on
Each year, we organize our school into specific classes and attempt to achieve many goals in the best interest of our learners. Our director Ken Thurston, has also asked that we share the following with our community:
“As you may know, the Government of Ontario requires all school boards in Ontario to have 20 or fewer students in 90% of primary classes (JK to Grade 3); up to 10% of primary classes may have up to 23 students. At the same time, we are required to show a reduction in the average size of Grade 4-8 classes across our Board. Early Learning Kindergarten programs have approximately 26 students, with one teacher and one designated early childhood educator in each class. Staff have worked diligently to organize classes to provide the best program for each child and to comply with the maximum class size requirements. Please note however that there may be changes prior to September 23, 2011 (the date on which class sizes will be reported to the Ministry of Education).”
I want to let our community know that our school will not require any significant changes to our school organization at this point in time. A few students have had to change classes to help us meet the requirements outlined above and those families have been contacted. We appreciate everyone’s understanding with these adjustments.
I also appreciate the questions students and parents have asked us over the last few weeks and thank everyone for their support in helping us begin another school year so successfully.
We want to also take this opportunity to invite you to our Meet the Teacher Evening. It will take place on Wednesday October 5, 2011 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. We look forward to meeting all our families that evening.
Finally, just a reminder to our families that there is no school for students tomorrow during the P.A day.
Thank you again for your work with us thus far for the 2011/2012 school year.