- ICYMI: Join Trustee Pang & Board Chair Carruthers for a #CoffeeChat in Unionville today from 3-5PM. Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- October 19 is #SpiritDay! Wear purple tomorrow to celebrate #LGBTQ youth and to take a stand against bullying! https://t.co/DBMDpnzqom 18 hours ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: @YRDSB @YRDSBArts This video captures the intentional & purposeful planning that goes into the murals & art at Aldergrove… 20 hours ago
- TOMORROW - #YRDSB Special Education Advisory Committee Meeting. Oct 19 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBGetOut: Hey @YRDSB! Look at all the amazing, engaged educators at our Outdoor Education Advisory Committee Meeting!! https://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- RT @YouthON: In Ontario, it’s the law to report #childabuse. See it? Report it. It’s the law. https://t.co/dK8RexVqzj 23 hours ago
- Today Canada mourns the loss of an icon who will be missed fully and completely. #RIPGordDownie https://t.co/1G68WKBwfc 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #Diwali, we would like to wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 1 day ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Our caretaking team
September 28, 2011Posted by on
Today, a parent wrote a letter to me as follows:
“Since school began, it has come up on several occasions in conversations with other parents about how wonderful the outside of our school looks. So many parents have mentioned how impressed they are with the appearance of our school. Several parents said, “it so nice to see caretakers outside in the morning looking after our school”. Our school has a neat and tidy appearance – everything from the clean windows to the trimming around the school grounds to the concern for our corner flower garden. It is obvious that the caretaking staff takes great pride and care in looking after our school. On behalf of the parents, I would like to extend a big thank you to the caretaking staff for all their hard work. We really appreciate it.”
(shared here with permission of the author)
First off, please know that we very much appreciate such feedback.
Our team at Lorna Jackson includes many staff with many different job descriptions and responsibilities. However, no matter what the role, I truly believe all of the varied work, skills, experiences and backgrounds of the individual on that team can all impact student achievement, success and well-being. Our care taking team are indeed key to all three of those goals. Our Lead Caretaker shared his vision for the year with myself and his team last Friday afternoon. Throughout the discussions, I reflected on how the vision went beyond just the physical plant and spoke to what was best for students, staff and our community.
Last week, I appreciated the opportunity to hear the team’s vision planning.
Tonight, our school appreciates receiving feedback from our community that also acknowledges it.