- Have you applied for @YRDSBArtsCamp? Space is limited and time is running out! Deadline = Feb 9.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 minutes ago
- Does your teacher make history come alive? Nominate them today! twitter.com/CanadasHistory… 51 minutes ago
- RT @camillelogan: @doncrestps choir starts off the #BlackHistoryMonth event @cityofmarkham @YRDSB @maccamarkham https://t.co/WgHbnWXaZ8 1 hour ago
- @fivefortheDr We're sorry to hear your son's bus did not arrive. Please send us a DM with further details so we can… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- The warmest of welcomes to all our new students! Welcome to #YRDSB! twitter.com/YRDSB_IES/stat… 2 hours ago
- Only 9 months left until #YRDSBQuest 2018! twitter.com/TLX_ED/status/… 3 hours ago
- It's almost time to imagine, create and play for family literacy day! This year, the five #YRDSB Early ON Centres a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Another amazing @AEBSyrdsb fundraiser! Great food, music and dancing for a great cause! @YRDSB @yrdsbinclusion https://t.… 5 hours ago
- RT @yrdsbdlrt: This week’s 5T Challenge - List and Grid View in Google Drive 1. Watch the TECH TIP 2. TRY it 3. ReTWEET & type “I did it!”… 6 hours ago
- School bus and taxi service will operate today, January 22, 2018, and schools remain open for learning. 9 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
Our caretaking team
September 28, 2011Posted by on
Today, a parent wrote a letter to me as follows:
“Since school began, it has come up on several occasions in conversations with other parents about how wonderful the outside of our school looks. So many parents have mentioned how impressed they are with the appearance of our school. Several parents said, “it so nice to see caretakers outside in the morning looking after our school”. Our school has a neat and tidy appearance – everything from the clean windows to the trimming around the school grounds to the concern for our corner flower garden. It is obvious that the caretaking staff takes great pride and care in looking after our school. On behalf of the parents, I would like to extend a big thank you to the caretaking staff for all their hard work. We really appreciate it.”
(shared here with permission of the author)
First off, please know that we very much appreciate such feedback.
Our team at Lorna Jackson includes many staff with many different job descriptions and responsibilities. However, no matter what the role, I truly believe all of the varied work, skills, experiences and backgrounds of the individual on that team can all impact student achievement, success and well-being. Our care taking team are indeed key to all three of those goals. Our Lead Caretaker shared his vision for the year with myself and his team last Friday afternoon. Throughout the discussions, I reflected on how the vision went beyond just the physical plant and spoke to what was best for students, staff and our community.
Last week, I appreciated the opportunity to hear the team’s vision planning.
Tonight, our school appreciates receiving feedback from our community that also acknowledges it.