- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 12 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Our caretaking team
September 28, 2011Posted by on
Today, a parent wrote a letter to me as follows:
“Since school began, it has come up on several occasions in conversations with other parents about how wonderful the outside of our school looks. So many parents have mentioned how impressed they are with the appearance of our school. Several parents said, “it so nice to see caretakers outside in the morning looking after our school”. Our school has a neat and tidy appearance – everything from the clean windows to the trimming around the school grounds to the concern for our corner flower garden. It is obvious that the caretaking staff takes great pride and care in looking after our school. On behalf of the parents, I would like to extend a big thank you to the caretaking staff for all their hard work. We really appreciate it.”
(shared here with permission of the author)
First off, please know that we very much appreciate such feedback.
Our team at Lorna Jackson includes many staff with many different job descriptions and responsibilities. However, no matter what the role, I truly believe all of the varied work, skills, experiences and backgrounds of the individual on that team can all impact student achievement, success and well-being. Our care taking team are indeed key to all three of those goals. Our Lead Caretaker shared his vision for the year with myself and his team last Friday afternoon. Throughout the discussions, I reflected on how the vision went beyond just the physical plant and spoke to what was best for students, staff and our community.
Last week, I appreciated the opportunity to hear the team’s vision planning.
Tonight, our school appreciates receiving feedback from our community that also acknowledges it.