- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 25 minutes ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 58 minutes ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 3 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 20 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBEarlyYears: YRDSB Early Years and ESL Teams are excited to share a new resource for families of children in Kindergarten. "Talking… 23 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peek behind the scenes with our new Director @LouiseSirisko . Stay tuned for the feature presentatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Do you know a school team doing amazing work to foster a safe, inclusive and accepting school environment? Nominate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Feeling the stress of exams? Did you know that if you study for a test in small chunks, you'll be more likely to re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
French as a Second Language Review
November 29, 2011Posted by on
We have been asked to share the following information with you from the board:
French as a Second Language Program Review Online Survey– We want to hear from you!
The York Region District School Board is conducting a comprehensive review of its French as a Second Language (FSL) Program. The goal of the review is to ensure that the Board can continue to provide high quality and sustainable FSL instruction. York Region offers French as a Second Language instruction through two delivery models, Core and Immersion. Core French is what most students experience.
It begins in Grade 4 and is offered as a subject, as part of the regular Ontario Curriculum. French Immersion is a specialized optional program which begins in Grade 1. In French Immersion subjects in the Ontario Curriculum are predominantly taught in French.
As part of this review, the Board has engaged Ipsos Reid to assist with gathering public input. We are asking all parents to fill out an online survey to tell us what they think about FSL. The survey will be available on the Board’s website: www.yrdsb.edu.on.ca, starting Friday, December 16, 2011 at 9:00 a.m., and will close on Monday, January 16, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. All answers to the survey will be kept strictly confidential; survey answers will be limited to one per household. The review includes a public input process and an examination of best practices from other public education jurisdictions.