- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Please join us for the upcoming EIAC community consultations. Check out flyers below for information & details. Third I… 3 hours ago
- RT @YorkRegionGovt: Is your school participating in #BikeToSchool Week? Private schools in York Region, @YRDSB and @YCDSB schools can regis… 3 hours ago
- TONIGHT - We will be @MHS_YRDSB hosting a town hall and gathering critical feedback to help influence the #YRDSB Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Our sincerest condolences to Renuka's family and @tdsb. Our thoughts are with your communities and families. twitter.com/tdsb/status/98… 7 hours ago
- RT @MsB_ELL: So proud of our Parkview students who got an honourable mention today for best picture at the water documentary film festival!… 7 hours ago
- Students and staff from @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental action projects through… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today we honour the administrative staff that work behind the scenes in our Board to support student achievement an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018! Get your registrations in by 12PM today. The event will take… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Amazing! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... Or in this case when life gives you an ice storm, make a stic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Hats, Mitts, Scarves and Socks Donation Drive has started
December 8, 2011Posted by on
In December, our school began a donation drive for a local community shelter.
We are pleased to offer this update from some of our students:
“This year’s Hats, Mitts and Scarves, Drive has been a HUGE success. In addition to the usual hats, mitts and scarves, we added socks to this year’s drive. We received over 500 donations, which is an amazing improvement from last year’s 120 donations. There were 250 donations in socks alone. We had a great time collecting these donations with the hope that we could make a difference in the lives of many families in need! Thanks to everyone who donated. Your donations will be greatly appreciated. “
In addition, our staff donated over 100 items as well. We appreciate one of our staff members delivering the items to Newmarket this week. I thank the students, staff and parents who helped make this donation drive such a success. Bravo to all!
From December 2011
Once again, Lorna Jackson is starting up the Hats, Mitts, and Scarves Drive. In addition to hats, mitts, and scarves, we were requested from Leeder Place, the only family shelter in York Region, to donate socks this year! These donations must be brand new with tags. Your kind donations will be hung on the tree outside the office. Donations will be delivered to Leeder Place in mid-January.
Together with your donations we can help families in need this holiday season.
I want to thank the students, staff and community for their donations so far in support of the Blue Doors Shelters agency. This is a wonderful way for our community to give back to the larger community in York Region.