- Have you applied for @YRDSBArtsCamp? Space is limited and time is running out! Deadline = Feb 9.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 minutes ago
- Does your teacher make history come alive? Nominate them today! twitter.com/CanadasHistory… 48 minutes ago
- RT @camillelogan: @doncrestps choir starts off the #BlackHistoryMonth event @cityofmarkham @YRDSB @maccamarkham https://t.co/WgHbnWXaZ8 1 hour ago
- @fivefortheDr We're sorry to hear your son's bus did not arrive. Please send us a DM with further details so we can… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- The warmest of welcomes to all our new students! Welcome to #YRDSB! twitter.com/YRDSB_IES/stat… 2 hours ago
- Only 9 months left until #YRDSBQuest 2018! twitter.com/TLX_ED/status/… 3 hours ago
- It's almost time to imagine, create and play for family literacy day! This year, the five #YRDSB Early ON Centres a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Another amazing @AEBSyrdsb fundraiser! Great food, music and dancing for a great cause! @YRDSB @yrdsbinclusion https://t.… 5 hours ago
- RT @yrdsbdlrt: This week’s 5T Challenge - List and Grid View in Google Drive 1. Watch the TECH TIP 2. TRY it 3. ReTWEET & type “I did it!”… 6 hours ago
- School bus and taxi service will operate today, January 22, 2018, and schools remain open for learning. 9 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
Hats, Mitts, Scarves and Socks Donation Drive has started
December 8, 2011Posted by on
In December, our school began a donation drive for a local community shelter.
We are pleased to offer this update from some of our students:
“This year’s Hats, Mitts and Scarves, Drive has been a HUGE success. In addition to the usual hats, mitts and scarves, we added socks to this year’s drive. We received over 500 donations, which is an amazing improvement from last year’s 120 donations. There were 250 donations in socks alone. We had a great time collecting these donations with the hope that we could make a difference in the lives of many families in need! Thanks to everyone who donated. Your donations will be greatly appreciated. “
In addition, our staff donated over 100 items as well. We appreciate one of our staff members delivering the items to Newmarket this week. I thank the students, staff and parents who helped make this donation drive such a success. Bravo to all!
From December 2011
Once again, Lorna Jackson is starting up the Hats, Mitts, and Scarves Drive. In addition to hats, mitts, and scarves, we were requested from Leeder Place, the only family shelter in York Region, to donate socks this year! These donations must be brand new with tags. Your kind donations will be hung on the tree outside the office. Donations will be delivered to Leeder Place in mid-January.
Together with your donations we can help families in need this holiday season.
I want to thank the students, staff and community for their donations so far in support of the Blue Doors Shelters agency. This is a wonderful way for our community to give back to the larger community in York Region.