- ICYMI: Join Trustee Pang & Board Chair Carruthers for a #CoffeeChat in Unionville today from 3-5PM. Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- October 19 is #SpiritDay! Wear purple tomorrow to celebrate #LGBTQ youth and to take a stand against bullying! https://t.co/DBMDpnzqom 18 hours ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: @YRDSB @YRDSBArts This video captures the intentional & purposeful planning that goes into the murals & art at Aldergrove… 20 hours ago
- TOMORROW - #YRDSB Special Education Advisory Committee Meeting. Oct 19 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBGetOut: Hey @YRDSB! Look at all the amazing, engaged educators at our Outdoor Education Advisory Committee Meeting!! https://t.co/… 22 hours ago
- RT @YouthON: In Ontario, it’s the law to report #childabuse. See it? Report it. It’s the law. https://t.co/dK8RexVqzj 23 hours ago
- Today Canada mourns the loss of an icon who will be missed fully and completely. #RIPGordDownie https://t.co/1G68WKBwfc 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #Diwali, we would like to wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 1 day ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Celebrating our work
March 1, 2012Posted by on
It has been an exciting time at Lorna Jackson. Some highlights include:
– A wonderful Good News Assembly on Wednesday which celebrated poets, artists, Eco initiatives and character education at our school
– Many of our grade teams met for professional learning and planning time this week to co develop units we will explore second term. I enjoyed the opportunity to sit in on the sessions to hear professional dialogue on student inquiry and critical thinking opportunities. In addition some of our staff are exploring a new resource recently published called Natural Curiosity as a book study that also aligns to this work.
– We are pleased to have a Student Work Study Teacher join our team at Lorna Jackson. The teacher works with a few different schools with a focus on student work in language and mathematics.
– Our school’s Positive Climates for Learning Committee has been meeting and are currently planning some opportunities to explore Safe and Supportive Schools in the coming weeks.
– Our Healthy School’s Committee Snack program has been met with much excitement and appreciation.
– Tomorrow students have a chance to show their school spirit with our Sports’ Jersey Day celebration. Home made jerseys count! Here is a chance for us to show our creative side.
– Next Tuesday we will enjoy our School Council Dance-A-Thon for students and staff. Sponsor envelopes went home last week and students can now bring in any donations to the school council. We thank the council for this fundraiser to support literacy and mathematics at our school.
Thanks to everyone’s hard work at making all of this happen.