- RT @PatriciaEGaspar: YRDSB Childrens Water Festival @yrdsb @YRDSBEcoSchools @yorkregionnews @YorkRegionGovt #kcss https://t.co/8MvAuPZ3Gq 12 hours ago
- Looking for some fun activities to do in August? Check out the 2017 #OntarioFunPass for all kinds of exciting deals… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- RT @ONedSsChat: @ONedSsChat #onted Ss learn how social media can be used to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Pls RT! #Stu… 16 hours ago
- RT @DungeyTod: Outdoor play time @YRDSB BBFK @VelloreWoods includes opportunities 4 learning in everything they do #yrdsbearlyyears #summer… 17 hours ago
- RT @HealthCanada: Kids are most vulnerable to extreme heat! Whether you’re provider or parent, be heat ready! ow.ly/icZy30dOr7H https… 18 hours ago
- ICYMI: #YRDSB is hiring Educational Assistants! Get your applications in today. Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EA EducationalAssistant 1 day ago
- RT @ms_ldavidson: Last week at camp we traveled around the world and learned about the importance of story telling in different cultures #y… 1 day ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students listen to professional podcaster @thejaywong & learn ways to expand personal br… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Congratulations #TeamOntario! #NAIG2017 twitter.com/IndigenousON/s… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: @CarolCampbell4 will be at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Will you? Registration is now open: ow.ly/fPuQ30dKxL6… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Don’t look far
March 30, 2012Posted by on
As principal of the school, I have the best job in the world because I never have to look far to see amazing things happening. Here are some highlights from this week:
– Kindergarten students in awe of art at McMichael’s gallery. Staff and parents were there to support their wonderment.
– Primary students exploring writing through an online tool called Storybird.
– Community class students exploring active learning through IPad apps.
– Junior students exploring Big Ideas within social justice, bullying, respect for the environment and equity themes.
– Intermediate students exploring the arts in the Artists’ Studio
– French classes sharing their house floor plans in class.
– students in Phys.ed classes learning skills through cooperative learning experiences
– junior basketball, talent show auditions, Eco Club, choir, floor hockey intramurals, math club
– Additional opportunities for supported learning occurring for students during lunch and after school in various classes.
And…this is only a snapshot of life at our school.
We don’t have to look far.
What was an amazing thing that happened for you this week?