- ICYMI: Join Trustee Pang & Board Chair Carruthers for a #CoffeeChat in Unionville today from 3-5PM. Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- October 19 is #SpiritDay! Wear purple tomorrow to celebrate #LGBTQ youth and to take a stand against bullying! https://t.co/DBMDpnzqom 18 hours ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: @YRDSB @YRDSBArts This video captures the intentional & purposeful planning that goes into the murals & art at Aldergrove… 20 hours ago
- TOMORROW - #YRDSB Special Education Advisory Committee Meeting. Oct 19 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBGetOut: Hey @YRDSB! Look at all the amazing, engaged educators at our Outdoor Education Advisory Committee Meeting!! https://t.co/… 22 hours ago
- RT @YouthON: In Ontario, it’s the law to report #childabuse. See it? Report it. It’s the law. https://t.co/dK8RexVqzj 23 hours ago
- Today Canada mourns the loss of an icon who will be missed fully and completely. #RIPGordDownie https://t.co/1G68WKBwfc 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #Diwali, we would like to wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 1 day ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Don’t look far
March 30, 2012Posted by on
As principal of the school, I have the best job in the world because I never have to look far to see amazing things happening. Here are some highlights from this week:
– Kindergarten students in awe of art at McMichael’s gallery. Staff and parents were there to support their wonderment.
– Primary students exploring writing through an online tool called Storybird.
– Community class students exploring active learning through IPad apps.
– Junior students exploring Big Ideas within social justice, bullying, respect for the environment and equity themes.
– Intermediate students exploring the arts in the Artists’ Studio
– French classes sharing their house floor plans in class.
– students in Phys.ed classes learning skills through cooperative learning experiences
– junior basketball, talent show auditions, Eco Club, choir, floor hockey intramurals, math club
– Additional opportunities for supported learning occurring for students during lunch and after school in various classes.
And…this is only a snapshot of life at our school.
We don’t have to look far.
What was an amazing thing that happened for you this week?