Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
New frontiers for new learning
Next week’s Positive Climates for Learning events
April 2, 2012Posted by on
Next week, our school will focus on Positive Climates for Learning. At last Friday’s Good News Assembly, our school’s Positive Climates for Learning Committee shared several planned events to promote and celebrate safe, caring and supportive schools. This special week complements the work we strive to do each day at our school in relation to our School Improvement Plan. The events will include:
- A presentation to our grades one to four students from our community police officer on bullying and general safety will take place on April 11, 2012 (no cost to students)
- Duane Gibson will speak to grades 5-8 students on April 12, 2012 (no cost to students)
- Daily announcements on Anti Bullying
- A mural called “Take a Stand” on which all students, staff and parents can add a message or picture related to safe and supportive schools
- Resources have been shared with all classes to support the work of the committee in our classroom program
- We are also very pleased that our Parent Reaching Out Evening will have a workshop devoted to bullying and general safety for children by an officer at 6 p.m
We encourage you to join us where you can, particularly on the evening of April 12, 2012, in our collective work on positive climates for learning.
Watch for more updates soon.