- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 12 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
A Perfect Ten
May 10, 2012Posted by on
This morning a team of volunteer parents helped prepare our gym for tonight’s anniversary event. Congratulations to them for their amazing work. Students and staff also contributed by creating class banners, centerpieces and artwork for the gym and hallways. The school looks beautiful! They have scored a perfect 10 for their hard work.
On behalf of the York Region District School Board, our staff, students and community we want to welcome everyone to our 10th Anniversary Evening on May 10, 2012. Some of you have been with our school community since our school opened in September 2002 while other families have just joined our school this year. No matter how long you and your family have been with us at Lorna Jackson P.S we thank you for your partnership with us and our school. Further, we look forward to the continued partnership, and work together, for the education of all of our students.
Gathering this evening helps us reflect on what we have achieved over the last ten years as a school. Our School Improvement Plan captures the goals we have set for this school year, but are certainly the result of work done over the past decade by all staff. Literacy remains a core focus area within a 21st century context for our students. We know the importance of numeracy for our students both in and outside of school. Our Positive Climates for Learning committee helps focus our work in the areas of Safe and Supportive Schools, Equitable and Inclusive Education, and Eco Schools. This program provides many more examples of who we are as school and what we have achieved together. A special recognition to our grade 8 students who are graduating this year, some of whom started with us in their first year of Junior Kindergarten. This is indeed an exciting time for them as they now prepare for their transition to high school.
Tonight, we have an opportunity to celebrate our journey, our work and our achievements together. Please enjoy time with friends, staff, colleagues and most of all, the children of Lorna Jackson P.S. We welcome back former staff and students tonight as well as our superintendents of education and our Chair and trustee Anna DeBartolo. Finally, we are very pleased to welcome members of the Jackson family here this evening.
We look forward to the next ten here at our school. Tonight, we also look forward to the chance to dream about the possibilities that await us.
Here’s to the journey.