- Planning ahead? Find all 2017-18 #YRDSB holidays & PA Days here: ow.ly/GAwf30dMucT https://t.co/btTuVkIk4m 2 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students are changing the game one #App at a time! yorkregion.com/news-story/742… 3 days ago
- We are hiring Educational Assistants. Apply today to join the #YRDSB team! Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EducationalAssistant #EA 3 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students working with robotics and putting their passions to the test! #innovation… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Rediscover your inner child at the #YRDSBQuest Playground & explore well-being in a hands on environment! Register:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Have your voice heard and help make Ontario #accessible for everyone! twitter.com/ONeducation/st… 3 days ago
- RT @TRCAarchaeology: With drier units it's back to business excavating units, tallying artifacts and paperwork! #BAFS40 #boydfs #archaeolog… 3 days ago
- Worried about your child's moods or behaviours? Talk to them. Access resources that can help at ow.ly/AKoz308EdHA 4 days ago
- RT @DungeyTod: @BlueWillowPS BBFK Prnt Session - Supporting parents with their child's transition in2 JK in Sept @YRDSB #summerlearning htt… 4 days ago
- We are pleased to announce that the amazing @CarolCampbell4 will be joining us again at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Register… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
August 31, 2012Posted by on
We are set.
I want to thank our staff that includes teachers, Designated Early Childhood Educators, Educational Assistants, our secretarial staff and our care taking staff who have been in our school this week preparing for the start of our new school year on September 4, 2012. We look forward to seeing everyone on our school yard starting at 8:30 a.m. In the event of rain, we will meet inside in our gym. Staff will have class lists ready that morning to inform students of their class placements. We welcome over 80 new students and their families to our school.
We return to refocus on the goals we have set out in our School Improvement Plan. We look forward to a continued focus in reading and mathematics. We will continue our planning and implementing of rich learning opportunities for our students that promote critical thinking through inquiry. We will renew our efforts to support all of our learners through a shared belief that they can all achieve given the right time, support and instruction. We will continue to look for opportunities to engage all of our learners both inside and outside of the classroom. You are a vital part of our work and we welcome your participation in our journey during this school year.
Our work begins in earnest on Tuesday. I truly believe that our work is the most important we can do. I do believe that if each of us, no matter what our background, our experiences, our role, or our context, do our work really well, do it right, that we will make a difference in the life of a child, of our students, of a school and of our community.
Ultimately, we can can make a difference for our society.
This may sound dramatic, but if we think about, is there anything more important that the children of our communities and the way we guide them, inspire them, teach them?
So, here’s to all of us.
Here’s to a wonderful 2012/2013 school year.