- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 12 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
August 31, 2012Posted by on
We are set.
I want to thank our staff that includes teachers, Designated Early Childhood Educators, Educational Assistants, our secretarial staff and our care taking staff who have been in our school this week preparing for the start of our new school year on September 4, 2012. We look forward to seeing everyone on our school yard starting at 8:30 a.m. In the event of rain, we will meet inside in our gym. Staff will have class lists ready that morning to inform students of their class placements. We welcome over 80 new students and their families to our school.
We return to refocus on the goals we have set out in our School Improvement Plan. We look forward to a continued focus in reading and mathematics. We will continue our planning and implementing of rich learning opportunities for our students that promote critical thinking through inquiry. We will renew our efforts to support all of our learners through a shared belief that they can all achieve given the right time, support and instruction. We will continue to look for opportunities to engage all of our learners both inside and outside of the classroom. You are a vital part of our work and we welcome your participation in our journey during this school year.
Our work begins in earnest on Tuesday. I truly believe that our work is the most important we can do. I do believe that if each of us, no matter what our background, our experiences, our role, or our context, do our work really well, do it right, that we will make a difference in the life of a child, of our students, of a school and of our community.
Ultimately, we can can make a difference for our society.
This may sound dramatic, but if we think about, is there anything more important that the children of our communities and the way we guide them, inspire them, teach them?
So, here’s to all of us.
Here’s to a wonderful 2012/2013 school year.