- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 32 minutes ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 3 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 20 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBEarlyYears: YRDSB Early Years and ESL Teams are excited to share a new resource for families of children in Kindergarten. "Talking… 23 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peek behind the scenes with our new Director @LouiseSirisko . Stay tuned for the feature presentatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Do you know a school team doing amazing work to foster a safe, inclusive and accepting school environment? Nominate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Feeling the stress of exams? Did you know that if you study for a test in small chunks, you'll be more likely to re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
August 31, 2012Posted by on
We are set.
I want to thank our staff that includes teachers, Designated Early Childhood Educators, Educational Assistants, our secretarial staff and our care taking staff who have been in our school this week preparing for the start of our new school year on September 4, 2012. We look forward to seeing everyone on our school yard starting at 8:30 a.m. In the event of rain, we will meet inside in our gym. Staff will have class lists ready that morning to inform students of their class placements. We welcome over 80 new students and their families to our school.
We return to refocus on the goals we have set out in our School Improvement Plan. We look forward to a continued focus in reading and mathematics. We will continue our planning and implementing of rich learning opportunities for our students that promote critical thinking through inquiry. We will renew our efforts to support all of our learners through a shared belief that they can all achieve given the right time, support and instruction. We will continue to look for opportunities to engage all of our learners both inside and outside of the classroom. You are a vital part of our work and we welcome your participation in our journey during this school year.
Our work begins in earnest on Tuesday. I truly believe that our work is the most important we can do. I do believe that if each of us, no matter what our background, our experiences, our role, or our context, do our work really well, do it right, that we will make a difference in the life of a child, of our students, of a school and of our community.
Ultimately, we can can make a difference for our society.
This may sound dramatic, but if we think about, is there anything more important that the children of our communities and the way we guide them, inspire them, teach them?
So, here’s to all of us.
Here’s to a wonderful 2012/2013 school year.