- We're just a couple weeks away from the end of the school year, but the learning doesn't have to end! Check out our… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- The best of luck to all our students starting exams! Remember to study in small chunks, get a good night's rest an… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 hours ago
- The #Ontario Fun Pass is now available! Check out all the fun activities and the great savings! Learn more:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- TONIGHT - #YRDSB Special Board Meeting. June 19, 2018 at 7:30PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/yGMP30kzjbE https://t.co/BwfXRcjidV 9 hours ago
- RT @YorkRegionGovt: Celebrating the success of the Trash Blasters school waste reduction program with Pine Grove PS and @envirodrum! Congra… 9 hours ago
- RT @WOWYorkRegion: We love seeing our elders passing on their knowledge. We are grateful to be in a space of knowledge sharing this evening… 12 hours ago
- Youth For Reconciliation - "I was the opposite of her and she hated what she knew of me. I started talking to her a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 13 hours ago
- ICYMI: The #YRDSB 2018-19 school year calendars are now available. Check them out: ow.ly/ZQXZ30kyqgp https://t.co/EjF3AX9UMi 1 day ago
- #YRDSB is on the trail to becoming an EcoBoard! This year 117 of our schools and all 5 outdoor ed centres received… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @activeforlife: Jump in the pool. Jump up for joy. Jump at the opportunity. Any way you slice it, jumping is fun and positive and full o… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
School Open House
October 9, 2012Posted by on
Dear parents and guardians of Lorna Jackson Public School,
I thank those of you who attended our first School Council meeting on September 20, 2012. We had good discussions with parents and staff about our collective work. On Thursday October 11, 2012 I would like to invite you to continue the dialogue during our school’s Open House. The format of our evening will include:
– An open house that will run from 7 p.m. until 8 p.m.
– A chance to tour our school and classrooms.
– Time to meet our newly elected school council and learn more about how you can be involved this year.
– An opportunity to visit our school’s book fair.
Participation by staff at this event is voluntary and our board is respecting the decisions of individual staff. As I shared on our blog on September 12, 2012 “we have built momentum in the past few years that we must continue this year through our school improvement processes”. Once again, I look forward to seeing you and discussing our collective work together for the achievement, well being and overall success of your child.