- RT @_Ms_Moore_: SO proud of my student, Julia Shen, for winning 1st place in the @cityofmarkham Many Faces of Markham competition! Julia cr… 6 hours ago
- We are saddened to hear of an act of hate against a synagogue in Thornhill. #YRDSB stands with all our communities… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- RT @YRDSB_Students: IT'S HERE! YOUR TIME TO BE THE NEXT YRDSB STUDENT TRUSTEE! It's time to be the voice of over 123,000 students. It's tim… 10 hours ago
- Have you signed up to attend a Town Hall yet? Our Board of Trustees are looking for your input as the revise the Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- #DYK that there are co-ops in the sciences? Check out this interview with one of our students, Sohnia, talking abou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Congratulations Sarah! twitter.com/YSpaceYU/statu… 12 hours ago
- Today is #WorldWaterDay and it serves as a reminder for all of us that when we neglect our ecosystems, we make it h… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- #EarthHour is just a few days away! #YRDSB will be observing Earth Hour in our schools and workplaces on Friday Mar… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Today we observe the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. "Every day, each and every one… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @OCT_OEEO: On our 15th floor: we proudly display art by Stouffville District Secondary School students depicting #MentalHealth and #Well… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
School Open House
October 9, 2012Posted by on
Dear parents and guardians of Lorna Jackson Public School,
I thank those of you who attended our first School Council meeting on September 20, 2012. We had good discussions with parents and staff about our collective work. On Thursday October 11, 2012 I would like to invite you to continue the dialogue during our school’s Open House. The format of our evening will include:
– An open house that will run from 7 p.m. until 8 p.m.
– A chance to tour our school and classrooms.
– Time to meet our newly elected school council and learn more about how you can be involved this year.
– An opportunity to visit our school’s book fair.
Participation by staff at this event is voluntary and our board is respecting the decisions of individual staff. As I shared on our blog on September 12, 2012 “we have built momentum in the past few years that we must continue this year through our school improvement processes”. Once again, I look forward to seeing you and discussing our collective work together for the achievement, well being and overall success of your child.