- RT @VivianORC: Wonderful day with @lakewilcoxps Gr4s - and great connections - this family knows some of the original families that attende… 1 day ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: Enjoying the sounds of the season with the a rehearsal in #socialjustice Plaza @aldergrovearts @YRDSB @YRDSBCECEast @YRDS… 1 day ago
- RT @JoannaMaselli: The drama room is my #happyplace bc it’s a #safespace for diverse ensembles to collaborate through the creative process… 1 day ago
- Please read the latest message from Corrie McBain, Board Chair. ow.ly/9Shg30hfDYY 2 days ago
- RT @opheacanada: Applications for the 2018-19 Minister's Student Advisory Council are open for students in grades 7-12 at publicly funded s… 2 days ago
- RT @BarbaraReidPS: #FramingFutures Thanks to everyone who donated to the @YRP #HolidayHeroes our students helped to load the bus with all t… 2 days ago
- Are you a great communicator? Enjoy writing for the web? Join the #YRDSB team as a Web Portal and Communications Of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @YRDSB_IES: Application for September 2018 is open! Check out application process from here: ow.ly/lTGa30hcw1T . School list from… 2 days ago
- Students from @MDHSInfo are holding a 5km holiday run in support of @sickkids! Learn more: ow.ly/Grnc30hepAD… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @opheacanada: THANK YOU @HighgatePS for sharing your cool moves and active learning skills with us! We had a blast being part of the tea… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
School Open House
October 9, 2012Posted by on
Dear parents and guardians of Lorna Jackson Public School,
I thank those of you who attended our first School Council meeting on September 20, 2012. We had good discussions with parents and staff about our collective work. On Thursday October 11, 2012 I would like to invite you to continue the dialogue during our school’s Open House. The format of our evening will include:
– An open house that will run from 7 p.m. until 8 p.m.
– A chance to tour our school and classrooms.
– Time to meet our newly elected school council and learn more about how you can be involved this year.
– An opportunity to visit our school’s book fair.
Participation by staff at this event is voluntary and our board is respecting the decisions of individual staff. As I shared on our blog on September 12, 2012 “we have built momentum in the past few years that we must continue this year through our school improvement processes”. Once again, I look forward to seeing you and discussing our collective work together for the achievement, well being and overall success of your child.