Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
New frontiers for new learning
November 10, 2012Posted by on
Some highlights included:
– JK/SK students sharing songs and reflections on peace
– Grade 7 and 8 students sharing a choral reading of In Flanders Fields in both English and French
– Grade 5 students sharing poems and reflections on Remembrance Day
– Grade 4 students sharing visualizations on Remembrance Day and the song Imagine
– Grade 3 students sharing class reflections
Each class also created wreaths to commemorate the day and offer reflection. Together, we also took a moment of silence as a community to remember and reflect on our past as well as the peace we are fortunate to have in this great country. We appreciate our veterans who have served our country.
Our Director, Ken Thurston, also shares his thoughts on Remembrance Day and encourages all of us to never forget the sacrifices made by so many.
We wish all our families the best this weekend as we all take our own personal time to pause, reflect and remember.