- RT @PatriciaEGaspar: YRDSB Childrens Water Festival @yrdsb @YRDSBEcoSchools @yorkregionnews @YorkRegionGovt #kcss https://t.co/8MvAuPZ3Gq 12 hours ago
- Looking for some fun activities to do in August? Check out the 2017 #OntarioFunPass for all kinds of exciting deals… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- RT @ONedSsChat: @ONedSsChat #onted Ss learn how social media can be used to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Pls RT! #Stu… 16 hours ago
- RT @DungeyTod: Outdoor play time @YRDSB BBFK @VelloreWoods includes opportunities 4 learning in everything they do #yrdsbearlyyears #summer… 17 hours ago
- RT @HealthCanada: Kids are most vulnerable to extreme heat! Whether you’re provider or parent, be heat ready! ow.ly/icZy30dOr7H https… 18 hours ago
- ICYMI: #YRDSB is hiring Educational Assistants! Get your applications in today. Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EA EducationalAssistant 1 day ago
- RT @ms_ldavidson: Last week at camp we traveled around the world and learned about the importance of story telling in different cultures #y… 1 day ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students listen to professional podcaster @thejaywong & learn ways to expand personal br… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Congratulations #TeamOntario! #NAIG2017 twitter.com/IndigenousON/s… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: @CarolCampbell4 will be at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Will you? Registration is now open: ow.ly/fPuQ30dKxL6… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Art, a tool for thinking.
November 27, 2012Posted by on
One of our teams has been exploring changes in the environment as a big idea in a class inquiry. They captured their own thinking on the unit and on art in the caption to the left. Art can and does allow us to make our thinking visible to explore thoughts, emotions and observations. Many of our classes have used art as a way to extend thinking in our programs.
We can embed art in various aspects of our curricular programs.
We also teach students to explore different media in their works such as watercolour to explore Tom Thomson’s works:
We teach them different aspects of art and art techniques such as warm and cool colours:
We use different techniques to achieve different effects in art, such as line creations using marbles and paint:
Art helps us explore culture and history such as intermediate Japanese Nolan inspire works:
And we ask them to let their imaginations and creativity soar:
Art helps us to think.
Tell us what you think.