- ICYMI: Join Trustee Pang & Board Chair Carruthers for a #CoffeeChat in Unionville today from 3-5PM. Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- October 19 is #SpiritDay! Wear purple tomorrow to celebrate #LGBTQ youth and to take a stand against bullying! https://t.co/DBMDpnzqom 18 hours ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: @YRDSB @YRDSBArts This video captures the intentional & purposeful planning that goes into the murals & art at Aldergrove… 20 hours ago
- TOMORROW - #YRDSB Special Education Advisory Committee Meeting. Oct 19 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBGetOut: Hey @YRDSB! Look at all the amazing, engaged educators at our Outdoor Education Advisory Committee Meeting!! https://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- RT @YouthON: In Ontario, it’s the law to report #childabuse. See it? Report it. It’s the law. https://t.co/dK8RexVqzj 23 hours ago
- Today Canada mourns the loss of an icon who will be missed fully and completely. #RIPGordDownie https://t.co/1G68WKBwfc 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #Diwali, we would like to wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 1 day ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Art, a tool for thinking.
November 27, 2012Posted by on
One of our teams has been exploring changes in the environment as a big idea in a class inquiry. They captured their own thinking on the unit and on art in the caption to the left. Art can and does allow us to make our thinking visible to explore thoughts, emotions and observations. Many of our classes have used art as a way to extend thinking in our programs.
We can embed art in various aspects of our curricular programs.
We also teach students to explore different media in their works such as watercolour to explore Tom Thomson’s works:
We teach them different aspects of art and art techniques such as warm and cool colours:
We use different techniques to achieve different effects in art, such as line creations using marbles and paint:
Art helps us explore culture and history such as intermediate Japanese Nolan inspire works:
And we ask them to let their imaginations and creativity soar:
Art helps us to think.
Tell us what you think.