- Have you applied for @YRDSBArtsCamp? Space is limited and time is running out! Deadline = Feb 9.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 minutes ago
- Does your teacher make history come alive? Nominate them today! twitter.com/CanadasHistory… 46 minutes ago
- RT @camillelogan: @doncrestps choir starts off the #BlackHistoryMonth event @cityofmarkham @YRDSB @maccamarkham https://t.co/WgHbnWXaZ8 1 hour ago
- @fivefortheDr We're sorry to hear your son's bus did not arrive. Please send us a DM with further details so we can… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- The warmest of welcomes to all our new students! Welcome to #YRDSB! twitter.com/YRDSB_IES/stat… 2 hours ago
- Only 9 months left until #YRDSBQuest 2018! twitter.com/TLX_ED/status/… 3 hours ago
- It's almost time to imagine, create and play for family literacy day! This year, the five #YRDSB Early ON Centres a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Another amazing @AEBSyrdsb fundraiser! Great food, music and dancing for a great cause! @YRDSB @yrdsbinclusion https://t.… 5 hours ago
- RT @yrdsbdlrt: This week’s 5T Challenge - List and Grid View in Google Drive 1. Watch the TECH TIP 2. TRY it 3. ReTWEET & type “I did it!”… 6 hours ago
- School bus and taxi service will operate today, January 22, 2018, and schools remain open for learning. 9 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
Art, a tool for thinking.
November 27, 2012Posted by on
One of our teams has been exploring changes in the environment as a big idea in a class inquiry. They captured their own thinking on the unit and on art in the caption to the left. Art can and does allow us to make our thinking visible to explore thoughts, emotions and observations. Many of our classes have used art as a way to extend thinking in our programs.
We can embed art in various aspects of our curricular programs.
We also teach students to explore different media in their works such as watercolour to explore Tom Thomson’s works:
We teach them different aspects of art and art techniques such as warm and cool colours:
We use different techniques to achieve different effects in art, such as line creations using marbles and paint:
Art helps us explore culture and history such as intermediate Japanese Nolan inspire works:
And we ask them to let their imaginations and creativity soar:
Art helps us to think.
Tell us what you think.