- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Please join us for the upcoming EIAC community consultations. Check out flyers below for information & details. Third I… 3 hours ago
- RT @YorkRegionGovt: Is your school participating in #BikeToSchool Week? Private schools in York Region, @YRDSB and @YCDSB schools can regis… 3 hours ago
- TONIGHT - We will be @MHS_YRDSB hosting a town hall and gathering critical feedback to help influence the #YRDSB Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Our sincerest condolences to Renuka's family and @tdsb. Our thoughts are with your communities and families. twitter.com/tdsb/status/98… 7 hours ago
- RT @MsB_ELL: So proud of our Parkview students who got an honourable mention today for best picture at the water documentary film festival!… 7 hours ago
- Students and staff from @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental action projects through… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today we honour the administrative staff that work behind the scenes in our Board to support student achievement an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018! Get your registrations in by 12PM today. The event will take… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Amazing! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... Or in this case when life gives you an ice storm, make a stic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
December 20, 2012Posted by on
Message From Our Trustee
It’s hard to believe we are already several months into the school year with the excitement of the holidays and the start of 2013 quickly approaching. I hope everyone has had a great year so far.
A school community is only as strong and welcoming as the people who make up that community. I want to thank you, as members of our school community, for helping to ensure the school is a welcoming, respectful and caring place that supports student achievement and well-being. Our students, staff and community members continue to demonstrate character, leadership and commitment in their work and activities.
As you enjoy various holiday celebrations in the weeks ahead, I encourage you to share with those who are less fortunate, and to consider how you can get involved with the school, if you are not already. A great school becomes even better when families are involved.
On behalf of the trustees and staff of the York Region District School Board, I would like to wish you and your families a very happy and safe holiday season.