- Have you applied for @YRDSBArtsCamp? Space is limited and time is running out! Deadline = Feb 9.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 minutes ago
- Does your teacher make history come alive? Nominate them today! twitter.com/CanadasHistory… 49 minutes ago
- RT @camillelogan: @doncrestps choir starts off the #BlackHistoryMonth event @cityofmarkham @YRDSB @maccamarkham https://t.co/WgHbnWXaZ8 1 hour ago
- @fivefortheDr We're sorry to hear your son's bus did not arrive. Please send us a DM with further details so we can… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- The warmest of welcomes to all our new students! Welcome to #YRDSB! twitter.com/YRDSB_IES/stat… 2 hours ago
- Only 9 months left until #YRDSBQuest 2018! twitter.com/TLX_ED/status/… 3 hours ago
- It's almost time to imagine, create and play for family literacy day! This year, the five #YRDSB Early ON Centres a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Another amazing @AEBSyrdsb fundraiser! Great food, music and dancing for a great cause! @YRDSB @yrdsbinclusion https://t.… 5 hours ago
- RT @yrdsbdlrt: This week’s 5T Challenge - List and Grid View in Google Drive 1. Watch the TECH TIP 2. TRY it 3. ReTWEET & type “I did it!”… 6 hours ago
- School bus and taxi service will operate today, January 22, 2018, and schools remain open for learning. 9 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
December 20, 2012Posted by on
Message From Our Trustee
It’s hard to believe we are already several months into the school year with the excitement of the holidays and the start of 2013 quickly approaching. I hope everyone has had a great year so far.
A school community is only as strong and welcoming as the people who make up that community. I want to thank you, as members of our school community, for helping to ensure the school is a welcoming, respectful and caring place that supports student achievement and well-being. Our students, staff and community members continue to demonstrate character, leadership and commitment in their work and activities.
As you enjoy various holiday celebrations in the weeks ahead, I encourage you to share with those who are less fortunate, and to consider how you can get involved with the school, if you are not already. A great school becomes even better when families are involved.
On behalf of the trustees and staff of the York Region District School Board, I would like to wish you and your families a very happy and safe holiday season.