- ICYMI: Join Trustee Pang & Board Chair Carruthers for a #CoffeeChat in Unionville today from 3-5PM. Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- October 19 is #SpiritDay! Wear purple tomorrow to celebrate #LGBTQ youth and to take a stand against bullying! https://t.co/DBMDpnzqom 18 hours ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: @YRDSB @YRDSBArts This video captures the intentional & purposeful planning that goes into the murals & art at Aldergrove… 20 hours ago
- TOMORROW - #YRDSB Special Education Advisory Committee Meeting. Oct 19 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBGetOut: Hey @YRDSB! Look at all the amazing, engaged educators at our Outdoor Education Advisory Committee Meeting!! https://t.co/… 22 hours ago
- RT @YouthON: In Ontario, it’s the law to report #childabuse. See it? Report it. It’s the law. https://t.co/dK8RexVqzj 23 hours ago
- Today Canada mourns the loss of an icon who will be missed fully and completely. #RIPGordDownie https://t.co/1G68WKBwfc 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #Diwali, we would like to wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 1 day ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
December 20, 2012Posted by on
Message From Our Trustee
It’s hard to believe we are already several months into the school year with the excitement of the holidays and the start of 2013 quickly approaching. I hope everyone has had a great year so far.
A school community is only as strong and welcoming as the people who make up that community. I want to thank you, as members of our school community, for helping to ensure the school is a welcoming, respectful and caring place that supports student achievement and well-being. Our students, staff and community members continue to demonstrate character, leadership and commitment in their work and activities.
As you enjoy various holiday celebrations in the weeks ahead, I encourage you to share with those who are less fortunate, and to consider how you can get involved with the school, if you are not already. A great school becomes even better when families are involved.
On behalf of the trustees and staff of the York Region District School Board, I would like to wish you and your families a very happy and safe holiday season.