- RT @PatriciaEGaspar: YRDSB Childrens Water Festival @yrdsb @YRDSBEcoSchools @yorkregionnews @YorkRegionGovt #kcss https://t.co/8MvAuPZ3Gq 12 hours ago
- Looking for some fun activities to do in August? Check out the 2017 #OntarioFunPass for all kinds of exciting deals… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- RT @ONedSsChat: @ONedSsChat #onted Ss learn how social media can be used to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Pls RT! #Stu… 16 hours ago
- RT @DungeyTod: Outdoor play time @YRDSB BBFK @VelloreWoods includes opportunities 4 learning in everything they do #yrdsbearlyyears #summer… 17 hours ago
- RT @HealthCanada: Kids are most vulnerable to extreme heat! Whether you’re provider or parent, be heat ready! ow.ly/icZy30dOr7H https… 18 hours ago
- ICYMI: #YRDSB is hiring Educational Assistants! Get your applications in today. Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EA EducationalAssistant 1 day ago
- RT @ms_ldavidson: Last week at camp we traveled around the world and learned about the importance of story telling in different cultures #y… 1 day ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students listen to professional podcaster @thejaywong & learn ways to expand personal br… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Congratulations #TeamOntario! #NAIG2017 twitter.com/IndigenousON/s… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: @CarolCampbell4 will be at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Will you? Registration is now open: ow.ly/fPuQ30dKxL6… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
December 20, 2012Posted by on
Message From Our Trustee
It’s hard to believe we are already several months into the school year with the excitement of the holidays and the start of 2013 quickly approaching. I hope everyone has had a great year so far.
A school community is only as strong and welcoming as the people who make up that community. I want to thank you, as members of our school community, for helping to ensure the school is a welcoming, respectful and caring place that supports student achievement and well-being. Our students, staff and community members continue to demonstrate character, leadership and commitment in their work and activities.
As you enjoy various holiday celebrations in the weeks ahead, I encourage you to share with those who are less fortunate, and to consider how you can get involved with the school, if you are not already. A great school becomes even better when families are involved.
On behalf of the trustees and staff of the York Region District School Board, I would like to wish you and your families a very happy and safe holiday season.