- Planning ahead? Find all 2017-18 #YRDSB holidays & PA Days here: ow.ly/GAwf30dMucT https://t.co/btTuVkIk4m 2 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students are changing the game one #App at a time! yorkregion.com/news-story/742… 2 days ago
- We are hiring Educational Assistants. Apply today to join the #YRDSB team! Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EducationalAssistant #EA 3 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students working with robotics and putting their passions to the test! #innovation… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Rediscover your inner child at the #YRDSBQuest Playground & explore well-being in a hands on environment! Register:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Have your voice heard and help make Ontario #accessible for everyone! twitter.com/ONeducation/st… 3 days ago
- RT @TRCAarchaeology: With drier units it's back to business excavating units, tallying artifacts and paperwork! #BAFS40 #boydfs #archaeolog… 3 days ago
- Worried about your child's moods or behaviours? Talk to them. Access resources that can help at ow.ly/AKoz308EdHA 4 days ago
- RT @DungeyTod: @BlueWillowPS BBFK Prnt Session - Supporting parents with their child's transition in2 JK in Sept @YRDSB #summerlearning htt… 4 days ago
- We are pleased to announce that the amazing @CarolCampbell4 will be joining us again at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Register… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
High School Transition
January 14, 2013Posted by on
We look forward to our secondary school partners Woodbridge College and Emily Carr S.S joining us on Wednesday January 16, 2013 to talk to our grade 8 students about their transitions to high school. We will begin to explore course selection which will take place through Career Cruising in the coming weeks. Students will also hear from our secondary school partners about the respective schools (determined by your home address). This week begins the very important process of course selection for our grade 8s who begin grade 9 next September.
If you have a child in grade 8 be sure to talk to them this week about what s/he learned through the sessions. As well, please talk with your child about their initial thoughts around the courses s/he will select for high school. We look forward to working with you on helping all our students select the courses they will be most successful in at high school.
A reminder too that the Information evenings for students and families are as follows:
– Woodbridge College – Thursday January 17, 2013 at 7 p.m.
– Emily Carr S.S – Tuesday January 22, 2013 at 7 p.m.
Please let us know if you ever have any questions.