- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 4 hours ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 7 hours ago
- TONIGHT - #YRDSB Board Standing Committee meeting. Oct 17 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/nHxb30fWaQC https://t.co/Vyg6XovoaU 8 hours ago
- Have a great idea for an article on student well-being? Make a submission to the #YRDSBQuest Journal by Nov 10 !… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today is the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Together we can create peaceful and inclusive societies. @UN #EndPoverty 10 hours ago
- Time for #TextbookTuesday! Check out this high school book-keeping text from 1890 with the latest & greatest accoun… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- October is Child Abuse Prevention Month! Let’s work together to keep kids safe & wear purple on Oct 24 to show your… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Time for a #SchoolBusSafetyWeek tip! Remind your children to look both ways before they step off the bus. #STOPONRED https://t.co/xL6CO39lJi 1 day ago
- It's Waste Reduction Week! Show us how you're eliminating waste & join in the conversation with #WasteReductionWeek… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Excited to launch our @yrdsbinclusion Twitter account. Follow us and join our learning journey. #yrdsb #equity #ontedeq… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
High School Transition
January 14, 2013Posted by on
We look forward to our secondary school partners Woodbridge College and Emily Carr S.S joining us on Wednesday January 16, 2013 to talk to our grade 8 students about their transitions to high school. We will begin to explore course selection which will take place through Career Cruising in the coming weeks. Students will also hear from our secondary school partners about the respective schools (determined by your home address). This week begins the very important process of course selection for our grade 8s who begin grade 9 next September.
If you have a child in grade 8 be sure to talk to them this week about what s/he learned through the sessions. As well, please talk with your child about their initial thoughts around the courses s/he will select for high school. We look forward to working with you on helping all our students select the courses they will be most successful in at high school.
A reminder too that the Information evenings for students and families are as follows:
– Woodbridge College – Thursday January 17, 2013 at 7 p.m.
– Emily Carr S.S – Tuesday January 22, 2013 at 7 p.m.
Please let us know if you ever have any questions.