- Parents - Here are some tips for speaking with your child after a tragic event. ow.ly/6qgD30jnP2u twitter.com/YRDSB/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Staff and students from @BarbaraReidPS will be celebrating their official opening celebration with the school's nam… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Our thoughts, best wishes and support go out to all those affected by the incident involving a van and pedestrians… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Hey #YRDSB, did you know it's Pitch-in Canada week? Do your part this week to help clean up, restore and beautify t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Have a passion for research? Interested in continuing your learning over the summer while getting 2 credits? Check… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- Please consider joining us at an upcoming consultation. ow.ly/WM7g30jD2PZ twitter.com/YRDSBDirector/… 11 hours ago
- RT @eqao: Are you a student in an Ontario public school between Grade 7 and 12? Do you want to make a difference in the work of EQAO? If y… 13 hours ago
- RT @ONeducation: Happy Canada Book Day! Reading to children and talking about their ideas helps them reach a deeper level of understanding.… 14 hours ago
- RT @CecilRoachSO: Thank you to our CEC North community for giving up your time on this beautiful spring day. @YRDSB truly values parent and… 1 day ago
- Getting to know each other at the @SWMSS_Ravens #YRDSBTownHall https://t.co/BqKPwfsrV5 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
High School Transition
January 14, 2013Posted by on
We look forward to our secondary school partners Woodbridge College and Emily Carr S.S joining us on Wednesday January 16, 2013 to talk to our grade 8 students about their transitions to high school. We will begin to explore course selection which will take place through Career Cruising in the coming weeks. Students will also hear from our secondary school partners about the respective schools (determined by your home address). This week begins the very important process of course selection for our grade 8s who begin grade 9 next September.
If you have a child in grade 8 be sure to talk to them this week about what s/he learned through the sessions. As well, please talk with your child about their initial thoughts around the courses s/he will select for high school. We look forward to working with you on helping all our students select the courses they will be most successful in at high school.
A reminder too that the Information evenings for students and families are as follows:
– Woodbridge College – Thursday January 17, 2013 at 7 p.m.
– Emily Carr S.S – Tuesday January 22, 2013 at 7 p.m.
Please let us know if you ever have any questions.