- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 8 minutes ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 40 minutes ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 53 minutes ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 3 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 20 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBEarlyYears: YRDSB Early Years and ESL Teams are excited to share a new resource for families of children in Kindergarten. "Talking… 23 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peek behind the scenes with our new Director @LouiseSirisko . Stay tuned for the feature presentatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Do you know a school team doing amazing work to foster a safe, inclusive and accepting school environment? Nominate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Feeling the stress of exams? Did you know that if you study for a test in small chunks, you'll be more likely to re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
High School Transition
January 14, 2013Posted by on
We look forward to our secondary school partners Woodbridge College and Emily Carr S.S joining us on Wednesday January 16, 2013 to talk to our grade 8 students about their transitions to high school. We will begin to explore course selection which will take place through Career Cruising in the coming weeks. Students will also hear from our secondary school partners about the respective schools (determined by your home address). This week begins the very important process of course selection for our grade 8s who begin grade 9 next September.
If you have a child in grade 8 be sure to talk to them this week about what s/he learned through the sessions. As well, please talk with your child about their initial thoughts around the courses s/he will select for high school. We look forward to working with you on helping all our students select the courses they will be most successful in at high school.
A reminder too that the Information evenings for students and families are as follows:
– Woodbridge College – Thursday January 17, 2013 at 7 p.m.
– Emily Carr S.S – Tuesday January 22, 2013 at 7 p.m.
Please let us know if you ever have any questions.