- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 23 minutes ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 55 minutes ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 3 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 20 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBEarlyYears: YRDSB Early Years and ESL Teams are excited to share a new resource for families of children in Kindergarten. "Talking… 23 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peek behind the scenes with our new Director @LouiseSirisko . Stay tuned for the feature presentatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Do you know a school team doing amazing work to foster a safe, inclusive and accepting school environment? Nominate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Feeling the stress of exams? Did you know that if you study for a test in small chunks, you'll be more likely to re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
One small step
June 4, 2013Posted by on
Today, we welcomed many of our kindergarten students starting school for the first time next September. We also welcomed the families of our newest students today. We appreciate the work of our team of teachers and Designated Early Childhood Educators who were able to meet the students and provide a sampling of the Full Day Kindergarten program to the children. Families also had time to visit and ask questions. I also want to thank our school council chairs who hosted a coffee and tea session in our Learning Commons that provided families with the opportunity to meet each other and talk.
Our orientation session today was one way our school supports the transition of students to the public education system. We look forward to continued work with our families as we prepare for that exciting first day of school next September. Today was one small step for our youngest learners and they did a great job. Remember that we’re here to help if you have questions in conjunction with our board resources such as Little Children Big Steps.
Here’s to many more steps forward in this exciting journey.