- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 11 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
One small step
June 4, 2013Posted by on
Today, we welcomed many of our kindergarten students starting school for the first time next September. We also welcomed the families of our newest students today. We appreciate the work of our team of teachers and Designated Early Childhood Educators who were able to meet the students and provide a sampling of the Full Day Kindergarten program to the children. Families also had time to visit and ask questions. I also want to thank our school council chairs who hosted a coffee and tea session in our Learning Commons that provided families with the opportunity to meet each other and talk.
Our orientation session today was one way our school supports the transition of students to the public education system. We look forward to continued work with our families as we prepare for that exciting first day of school next September. Today was one small step for our youngest learners and they did a great job. Remember that we’re here to help if you have questions in conjunction with our board resources such as Little Children Big Steps.
Here’s to many more steps forward in this exciting journey.