- Planning ahead? Find all 2017-18 #YRDSB holidays & PA Days here: ow.ly/GAwf30dMucT https://t.co/btTuVkIk4m 2 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students are changing the game one #App at a time! yorkregion.com/news-story/742… 2 days ago
- We are hiring Educational Assistants. Apply today to join the #YRDSB team! Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EducationalAssistant #EA 3 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students working with robotics and putting their passions to the test! #innovation… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Rediscover your inner child at the #YRDSBQuest Playground & explore well-being in a hands on environment! Register:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Have your voice heard and help make Ontario #accessible for everyone! twitter.com/ONeducation/st… 3 days ago
- RT @TRCAarchaeology: With drier units it's back to business excavating units, tallying artifacts and paperwork! #BAFS40 #boydfs #archaeolog… 3 days ago
- Worried about your child's moods or behaviours? Talk to them. Access resources that can help at ow.ly/AKoz308EdHA 4 days ago
- RT @DungeyTod: @BlueWillowPS BBFK Prnt Session - Supporting parents with their child's transition in2 JK in Sept @YRDSB #summerlearning htt… 4 days ago
- We are pleased to announce that the amazing @CarolCampbell4 will be joining us again at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Register… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
One small step
June 4, 2013Posted by on
Today, we welcomed many of our kindergarten students starting school for the first time next September. We also welcomed the families of our newest students today. We appreciate the work of our team of teachers and Designated Early Childhood Educators who were able to meet the students and provide a sampling of the Full Day Kindergarten program to the children. Families also had time to visit and ask questions. I also want to thank our school council chairs who hosted a coffee and tea session in our Learning Commons that provided families with the opportunity to meet each other and talk.
Our orientation session today was one way our school supports the transition of students to the public education system. We look forward to continued work with our families as we prepare for that exciting first day of school next September. Today was one small step for our youngest learners and they did a great job. Remember that we’re here to help if you have questions in conjunction with our board resources such as Little Children Big Steps.
Here’s to many more steps forward in this exciting journey.