- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 4 hours ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 7 hours ago
- TONIGHT - #YRDSB Board Standing Committee meeting. Oct 17 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/nHxb30fWaQC https://t.co/Vyg6XovoaU 8 hours ago
- Have a great idea for an article on student well-being? Make a submission to the #YRDSBQuest Journal by Nov 10 !… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today is the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Together we can create peaceful and inclusive societies. @UN #EndPoverty 10 hours ago
- Time for #TextbookTuesday! Check out this high school book-keeping text from 1890 with the latest & greatest accoun… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- October is Child Abuse Prevention Month! Let’s work together to keep kids safe & wear purple on Oct 24 to show your… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Time for a #SchoolBusSafetyWeek tip! Remind your children to look both ways before they step off the bus. #STOPONRED https://t.co/xL6CO39lJi 1 day ago
- It's Waste Reduction Week! Show us how you're eliminating waste & join in the conversation with #WasteReductionWeek… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Excited to launch our @yrdsbinclusion Twitter account. Follow us and join our learning journey. #yrdsb #equity #ontedeq… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
One small step
June 4, 2013Posted by on
Today, we welcomed many of our kindergarten students starting school for the first time next September. We also welcomed the families of our newest students today. We appreciate the work of our team of teachers and Designated Early Childhood Educators who were able to meet the students and provide a sampling of the Full Day Kindergarten program to the children. Families also had time to visit and ask questions. I also want to thank our school council chairs who hosted a coffee and tea session in our Learning Commons that provided families with the opportunity to meet each other and talk.
Our orientation session today was one way our school supports the transition of students to the public education system. We look forward to continued work with our families as we prepare for that exciting first day of school next September. Today was one small step for our youngest learners and they did a great job. Remember that we’re here to help if you have questions in conjunction with our board resources such as Little Children Big Steps.
Here’s to many more steps forward in this exciting journey.