- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 4 hours ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 7 hours ago
- TONIGHT - #YRDSB Board Standing Committee meeting. Oct 17 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/nHxb30fWaQC https://t.co/Vyg6XovoaU 8 hours ago
- Have a great idea for an article on student well-being? Make a submission to the #YRDSBQuest Journal by Nov 10 !… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today is the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Together we can create peaceful and inclusive societies. @UN #EndPoverty 10 hours ago
- Time for #TextbookTuesday! Check out this high school book-keeping text from 1890 with the latest & greatest accoun… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- October is Child Abuse Prevention Month! Let’s work together to keep kids safe & wear purple on Oct 24 to show your… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Time for a #SchoolBusSafetyWeek tip! Remind your children to look both ways before they step off the bus. #STOPONRED https://t.co/xL6CO39lJi 1 day ago
- It's Waste Reduction Week! Show us how you're eliminating waste & join in the conversation with #WasteReductionWeek… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Excited to launch our @yrdsbinclusion Twitter account. Follow us and join our learning journey. #yrdsb #equity #ontedeq… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
On the doorstep of our school touchstone
June 17, 2013Posted by on
We are most excited about tomorrow.
Tomorrow afternoon we welcome students from Elder’s Mills P.S to our school to meet us and help them learn more about our school. This will follow a morning session working with grade 7s from Elder’s and Lorna Jackson P.S to help draft our school touchstone. Over the past month we have collected data from our students, our staff and from our community. Our touchstone will build on our ongoing focus on Character Traits, equity and inclusivity.
Developing a common language of character and identifying the values and goals of a school community solidifies a school’s character initiative. When everyone — students, staff and parents– use the same words to describe behaviours and expectations, talking about how we interact becomes easier. A touchstone is a document which outlines these values, goals and behaviours.
Going through this process of identifying these core values unites a community around the way we believe people should behave, interact, and be.
Tomorrow, the exciting work begins on capturing what we value in our touchstone.
We can’t wait to share the results.