- RT @PatriciaEGaspar: YRDSB Childrens Water Festival @yrdsb @YRDSBEcoSchools @yorkregionnews @YorkRegionGovt #kcss https://t.co/8MvAuPZ3Gq 12 hours ago
- Looking for some fun activities to do in August? Check out the 2017 #OntarioFunPass for all kinds of exciting deals… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- RT @ONedSsChat: @ONedSsChat #onted Ss learn how social media can be used to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Pls RT! #Stu… 16 hours ago
- RT @DungeyTod: Outdoor play time @YRDSB BBFK @VelloreWoods includes opportunities 4 learning in everything they do #yrdsbearlyyears #summer… 17 hours ago
- RT @HealthCanada: Kids are most vulnerable to extreme heat! Whether you’re provider or parent, be heat ready! ow.ly/icZy30dOr7H https… 18 hours ago
- ICYMI: #YRDSB is hiring Educational Assistants! Get your applications in today. Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EA EducationalAssistant 1 day ago
- RT @ms_ldavidson: Last week at camp we traveled around the world and learned about the importance of story telling in different cultures #y… 1 day ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students listen to professional podcaster @thejaywong & learn ways to expand personal br… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Congratulations #TeamOntario! #NAIG2017 twitter.com/IndigenousON/s… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: @CarolCampbell4 will be at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Will you? Registration is now open: ow.ly/fPuQ30dKxL6… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
October 4, 2013Posted by on
Last night, our school hosted it’s Meet the Staff night. Students, staff and parents came together to meet, share and celebrate. The evening was a wonderful success. The atmosphere was enthusiastic, supportive and positive. Last night was the first opportunity this year for us to gather as a community to share and learn. At the beginning of any school year lots happens, but one of the most important things that happens is the act of us coming together and working together. As out touchstone says “We are unique individuals working collaboratively, and working together is a process” We want to thank everyone for their hard work at launching our school year in such a successful way.
We know that when parents and guardians have an active role in their children’s education student achievement increases. You can support our work in many ways including: talking to your child about their day at school, meeting with teachers and our staff, volunteering for field trips and school activities, participating on our school council, making sure there is a quiet place set aside to do homework and helping with homework. When it comes to your child, everything counts, everything matters. We welcome your partnership with us.
Finally, many of you have expressed gratitude and appreciation to us since the start of the school year including last night. Please know how much this means to us. As we engage in our work, we often pause to reflect on the impact we are having or making. Your feedback helps us do our work even better.
I look forward to sharing some future opportunities for you to be involved in our school soon.