- ICYMI: Join Trustee Pang & Board Chair Carruthers for a #CoffeeChat in Unionville today from 3-5PM. Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- October 19 is #SpiritDay! Wear purple tomorrow to celebrate #LGBTQ youth and to take a stand against bullying! https://t.co/DBMDpnzqom 18 hours ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: @YRDSB @YRDSBArts This video captures the intentional & purposeful planning that goes into the murals & art at Aldergrove… 20 hours ago
- TOMORROW - #YRDSB Special Education Advisory Committee Meeting. Oct 19 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBGetOut: Hey @YRDSB! Look at all the amazing, engaged educators at our Outdoor Education Advisory Committee Meeting!! https://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- RT @YouthON: In Ontario, it’s the law to report #childabuse. See it? Report it. It’s the law. https://t.co/dK8RexVqzj 23 hours ago
- Today Canada mourns the loss of an icon who will be missed fully and completely. #RIPGordDownie https://t.co/1G68WKBwfc 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #Diwali, we would like to wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 1 day ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
October 4, 2013Posted by on
Last night, our school hosted it’s Meet the Staff night. Students, staff and parents came together to meet, share and celebrate. The evening was a wonderful success. The atmosphere was enthusiastic, supportive and positive. Last night was the first opportunity this year for us to gather as a community to share and learn. At the beginning of any school year lots happens, but one of the most important things that happens is the act of us coming together and working together. As out touchstone says “We are unique individuals working collaboratively, and working together is a process” We want to thank everyone for their hard work at launching our school year in such a successful way.
We know that when parents and guardians have an active role in their children’s education student achievement increases. You can support our work in many ways including: talking to your child about their day at school, meeting with teachers and our staff, volunteering for field trips and school activities, participating on our school council, making sure there is a quiet place set aside to do homework and helping with homework. When it comes to your child, everything counts, everything matters. We welcome your partnership with us.
Finally, many of you have expressed gratitude and appreciation to us since the start of the school year including last night. Please know how much this means to us. As we engage in our work, we often pause to reflect on the impact we are having or making. Your feedback helps us do our work even better.
I look forward to sharing some future opportunities for you to be involved in our school soon.