- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 31 minutes ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 3 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 20 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBEarlyYears: YRDSB Early Years and ESL Teams are excited to share a new resource for families of children in Kindergarten. "Talking… 23 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peek behind the scenes with our new Director @LouiseSirisko . Stay tuned for the feature presentatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Do you know a school team doing amazing work to foster a safe, inclusive and accepting school environment? Nominate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Feeling the stress of exams? Did you know that if you study for a test in small chunks, you'll be more likely to re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Our caretaking team
October 24, 2013Posted by on
Last week, I wrote about the work of our Educational Assistants. This week, I wanted to take time to highlight the work of our caretaking team. Our Lead caretaker is Mr. Scorziello who works with Mr. Scavello and Mr. Ryan on the team. Caretakers are also members of our board’s Plant Services team. Our caretakers are important members of our school community. Their work in our building is multilayered and includes:
- contributing and supporting education, learning and environmental initiatives;
- general cleaning and preventative maintenance;
- performing legislated and required inspections;
- monitoring the efficient operations of building and mechanical components;
- sharing relevant skills and experiences with students.
Over the past few years, our caretaking team has also been important participants on our school’s Eco Team. We appreciate the work they do inside and outside of our school. We also enjoy their participation each month to present the Golden Garbage Can Award at our Good News Assemblies.
If you haven’t had a chance to meet our caretakers yet, please do so the next time you are at our school.