- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 4 hours ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 7 hours ago
- TONIGHT - #YRDSB Board Standing Committee meeting. Oct 17 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/nHxb30fWaQC https://t.co/Vyg6XovoaU 8 hours ago
- Have a great idea for an article on student well-being? Make a submission to the #YRDSBQuest Journal by Nov 10 !… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today is the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Together we can create peaceful and inclusive societies. @UN #EndPoverty 10 hours ago
- Time for #TextbookTuesday! Check out this high school book-keeping text from 1890 with the latest & greatest accoun… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- October is Child Abuse Prevention Month! Let’s work together to keep kids safe & wear purple on Oct 24 to show your… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Time for a #SchoolBusSafetyWeek tip! Remind your children to look both ways before they step off the bus. #STOPONRED https://t.co/xL6CO39lJi 1 day ago
- It's Waste Reduction Week! Show us how you're eliminating waste & join in the conversation with #WasteReductionWeek… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Excited to launch our @yrdsbinclusion Twitter account. Follow us and join our learning journey. #yrdsb #equity #ontedeq… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Our caretaking team
October 24, 2013Posted by on
Last week, I wrote about the work of our Educational Assistants. This week, I wanted to take time to highlight the work of our caretaking team. Our Lead caretaker is Mr. Scorziello who works with Mr. Scavello and Mr. Ryan on the team. Caretakers are also members of our board’s Plant Services team. Our caretakers are important members of our school community. Their work in our building is multilayered and includes:
- contributing and supporting education, learning and environmental initiatives;
- general cleaning and preventative maintenance;
- performing legislated and required inspections;
- monitoring the efficient operations of building and mechanical components;
- sharing relevant skills and experiences with students.
Over the past few years, our caretaking team has also been important participants on our school’s Eco Team. We appreciate the work they do inside and outside of our school. We also enjoy their participation each month to present the Golden Garbage Can Award at our Good News Assemblies.
If you haven’t had a chance to meet our caretakers yet, please do so the next time you are at our school.