- Planning ahead? Find all 2017-18 #YRDSB holidays & PA Days here: ow.ly/GAwf30dMucT https://t.co/btTuVkIk4m 2 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students are changing the game one #App at a time! yorkregion.com/news-story/742… 2 days ago
- We are hiring Educational Assistants. Apply today to join the #YRDSB team! Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EducationalAssistant #EA 3 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students working with robotics and putting their passions to the test! #innovation… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Rediscover your inner child at the #YRDSBQuest Playground & explore well-being in a hands on environment! Register:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Have your voice heard and help make Ontario #accessible for everyone! twitter.com/ONeducation/st… 3 days ago
- RT @TRCAarchaeology: With drier units it's back to business excavating units, tallying artifacts and paperwork! #BAFS40 #boydfs #archaeolog… 3 days ago
- Worried about your child's moods or behaviours? Talk to them. Access resources that can help at ow.ly/AKoz308EdHA 4 days ago
- RT @DungeyTod: @BlueWillowPS BBFK Prnt Session - Supporting parents with their child's transition in2 JK in Sept @YRDSB #summerlearning htt… 4 days ago
- We are pleased to announce that the amazing @CarolCampbell4 will be joining us again at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Register… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Our caretaking team
October 24, 2013Posted by on
Last week, I wrote about the work of our Educational Assistants. This week, I wanted to take time to highlight the work of our caretaking team. Our Lead caretaker is Mr. Scorziello who works with Mr. Scavello and Mr. Ryan on the team. Caretakers are also members of our board’s Plant Services team. Our caretakers are important members of our school community. Their work in our building is multilayered and includes:
- contributing and supporting education, learning and environmental initiatives;
- general cleaning and preventative maintenance;
- performing legislated and required inspections;
- monitoring the efficient operations of building and mechanical components;
- sharing relevant skills and experiences with students.
Over the past few years, our caretaking team has also been important participants on our school’s Eco Team. We appreciate the work they do inside and outside of our school. We also enjoy their participation each month to present the Golden Garbage Can Award at our Good News Assemblies.
If you haven’t had a chance to meet our caretakers yet, please do so the next time you are at our school.