- Have you applied for @YRDSBArtsCamp? Space is limited and time is running out! Deadline = Feb 9.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 minutes ago
- Does your teacher make history come alive? Nominate them today! twitter.com/CanadasHistory… 45 minutes ago
- RT @camillelogan: @doncrestps choir starts off the #BlackHistoryMonth event @cityofmarkham @YRDSB @maccamarkham https://t.co/WgHbnWXaZ8 1 hour ago
- @fivefortheDr We're sorry to hear your son's bus did not arrive. Please send us a DM with further details so we can… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- The warmest of welcomes to all our new students! Welcome to #YRDSB! twitter.com/YRDSB_IES/stat… 2 hours ago
- Only 9 months left until #YRDSBQuest 2018! twitter.com/TLX_ED/status/… 3 hours ago
- It's almost time to imagine, create and play for family literacy day! This year, the five #YRDSB Early ON Centres a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Another amazing @AEBSyrdsb fundraiser! Great food, music and dancing for a great cause! @YRDSB @yrdsbinclusion https://t.… 5 hours ago
- RT @yrdsbdlrt: This week’s 5T Challenge - List and Grid View in Google Drive 1. Watch the TECH TIP 2. TRY it 3. ReTWEET & type “I did it!”… 6 hours ago
- School bus and taxi service will operate today, January 22, 2018, and schools remain open for learning. 8 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
Safe Arrivals Program
October 31, 2013Posted by on
Each morning, our school is required to complete attendance for each class. If a child is absent we must confirm with the child’s parents the reason for absence from school. If your child is absent from school, or significantly late, you must call 905-893-2829 and dial 1 to leave a message. Our secretarial staff then check the voice mail message system to confirm absences recorded by our teachers. Some general guidelines when leaving a message include:
1) Please do call if your child is absent or planning to arrive late to school. Our school starts at 8:45 a.m so any time after that the student is late and a call is required.
2) If your child is away please ensure the school office is aware. There may be times when notes in the agenda are not received promptly. We appreciate information going to our staff, but a call in to our office is required so the office staff can confirm absences.
3) When you call, please spell the first, last name and also leave the name of the child’s teacher.
4) Please call 905-893-2829 and dial 1 to leave a message. Leaving information in staff’s personal voice mail may not be received in time for the start of classes.
5) The legal parent of the child absent must call in as opposed to a friend, a sibling or neighbor relaying the information to us.
6) When dropping off your child during the school day please make sure you sign in your child in the green binder on the front counter.
Please note that if we are unable to verify where a student is, we must follow Board policy and procedure #665: “if all contact and emergency number have been tried and a student is still deemed to be absent without explanation, contact York Regional Police immediately;”.
We appreciate your help in supporting the Safe Arrivals program.
Decisions to close our schools rest with the York Region District School Board using the Extreme Weather guidelines and policy which states “The York Region District School Board is committed to having each school within the Region open every instructional day”. As such, it is important students attend school regularly and punctually each and every day.