- RT @_Ms_Moore_: SO proud of my student, Julia Shen, for winning 1st place in the @cityofmarkham Many Faces of Markham competition! Julia cr… 6 hours ago
- We are saddened to hear of an act of hate against a synagogue in Thornhill. #YRDSB stands with all our communities… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- RT @YRDSB_Students: IT'S HERE! YOUR TIME TO BE THE NEXT YRDSB STUDENT TRUSTEE! It's time to be the voice of over 123,000 students. It's tim… 10 hours ago
- Have you signed up to attend a Town Hall yet? Our Board of Trustees are looking for your input as the revise the Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- #DYK that there are co-ops in the sciences? Check out this interview with one of our students, Sohnia, talking abou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Congratulations Sarah! twitter.com/YSpaceYU/statu… 12 hours ago
- Today is #WorldWaterDay and it serves as a reminder for all of us that when we neglect our ecosystems, we make it h… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- #EarthHour is just a few days away! #YRDSB will be observing Earth Hour in our schools and workplaces on Friday Mar… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Today we observe the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. "Every day, each and every one… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @OCT_OEEO: On our 15th floor: we proudly display art by Stouffville District Secondary School students depicting #MentalHealth and #Well… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Healthy Snack program returns
November 5, 2013Posted by on
We’re excited to announce the return of our school’s Healthy Snack Program. We were pleased with last year’s results and are grateful to the team of staff members – Ms Kim, Ms Massaro, Ms McKenzie, Ms Worrall and Ms Aternino – who have helped planned this year’s program. This is a free, universal program open to any student who chooses to participate. All items provided align to the Healthy Food Guidelines developed by the Ministry of Education. We are aiming to launch the program next Wednesday November 13, 2013.
When: Wednesday mornings at 10:25 a.m. (morning snack recess).
What: The foods will be ordered based on the Ministry Healthy Food guidelines. The program provides healthy snacks to students.
Our focus for November will be apples and fruits.
If you would prefer that your child not participate please let your child’s teacher know.