- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Please join us for the upcoming EIAC community consultations. Check out flyers below for information & details. Third I… 3 hours ago
- RT @YorkRegionGovt: Is your school participating in #BikeToSchool Week? Private schools in York Region, @YRDSB and @YCDSB schools can regis… 3 hours ago
- TONIGHT - We will be @MHS_YRDSB hosting a town hall and gathering critical feedback to help influence the #YRDSB Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Our sincerest condolences to Renuka's family and @tdsb. Our thoughts are with your communities and families. twitter.com/tdsb/status/98… 7 hours ago
- RT @MsB_ELL: So proud of our Parkview students who got an honourable mention today for best picture at the water documentary film festival!… 7 hours ago
- Students and staff from @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental action projects through… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today we honour the administrative staff that work behind the scenes in our Board to support student achievement an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018! Get your registrations in by 12PM today. The event will take… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Amazing! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... Or in this case when life gives you an ice storm, make a stic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
We have now completed our first three months of the school year and already have much to celebrate thanks to excellent focus and initiative by our students, staff and community, including:
– Sharing a redesigned Learning Commons
We have developed a focused start in our classroom programs in the areas of academics, athletics and the arts.
We have had the chance to recognise the work of various employee groups at our school including: our Designated Early Childhood Educators, our care taking team, Educational Assistants and our Administrative Assistants.
Our staff have provided several student leadership and extra curricular opportunities such as our Cross Country Team, The sign language club, library and office helpers, the student Tech Team, our Eco team, Student Council, Boys’ and Girls’ Volleyball, Floor Hockey intramurals, homework club, Lunch room helpers, and our Positive Climates for Learning Committee.
As school community we have given back through our Terry Fox Walk, The Count Me in Project, and our local food bank drive.
We also appreciate the work of our school council with our school this year. Their upcoming Dance-A-Thon will take place on December 13, 2013 and will surely be an enjoyable event. Remember that all parents and guardians are welcome to our meetings. Future meetings will be: January 14, 2014, February 20, 2014, April 22, 2014 and May 29, 2014. We look forward to seeing you there.
Three short months…
Remember when I asked us to write our story?
How do you think we have done so far?
Anti-bullying, Assessment and Evaluation, Caretaking, Character Education, Community, Culture and Caring, Designated Early Childhood Educators, Digital Literacy, Early Years Learning Program, EcoSchools, Elder's Mills' Transition, Equity and Inclusivity, Good News Assemblies, Healthy Living Choices, Leadership Team, Learning, Learning Commons, Literacy, Numeracy, Oral Literacy, Parent Engagement, Positive Climates for learning, Programs and Pathways, Report Cards, Roots of Empathy, Safe Schools, School Improvement Plan (SIP), School Planning, School Touchstone, Staff leadership, Staff professional learning, Student Bloggers, Student Council, Student Success, Student Well Being, The Arts, Well being
Find what you need:
10th Anniversary AEDs Anti-bullying Assessment and Evaluation BlogFeedback Board Improvement Plan (BIP) Bus Information Caretaking Character Education Child Care Community, Culture and Caring Community Event Critical Thinking Designated Early Childhood Educators Digital Literacy Early Years Learning Program EcoSchools Elder's Mills' Transition ELL EQAO Equity and Inclusivity Feedback Sought French as a Second Language Good News Assemblies Health and Safety Healthy Living Choices High school transition History & Geography Information Item Inquiry Leadership Team Learning Learning Commons Literacy Monthly E-books Networked Learning New families Numeracy Oral Literacy Parent Engagement Positive Climates for learning Programs and Pathways Registering your child Report Cards Roots of Empathy Safe Schools School Council School Improvement Plan (SIP) School Planning School Touchstone Science&Technology September Startup Social Studies Staff leadership Staff professional learning Student Bloggers Student Council Student Success Student transportation Student Well Being Summer Learning Programs The Arts Trustee news twitter Uncategorized Update V.I.P program Weather conditions Well being YMCA York Region Police YRDSB news