- ICYMI: Join Trustee Pang & Board Chair Carruthers for a #CoffeeChat in Unionville today from 3-5PM. Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- October 19 is #SpiritDay! Wear purple tomorrow to celebrate #LGBTQ youth and to take a stand against bullying! https://t.co/DBMDpnzqom 18 hours ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: @YRDSB @YRDSBArts This video captures the intentional & purposeful planning that goes into the murals & art at Aldergrove… 20 hours ago
- TOMORROW - #YRDSB Special Education Advisory Committee Meeting. Oct 19 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBGetOut: Hey @YRDSB! Look at all the amazing, engaged educators at our Outdoor Education Advisory Committee Meeting!! https://t.co/… 22 hours ago
- RT @YouthON: In Ontario, it’s the law to report #childabuse. See it? Report it. It’s the law. https://t.co/dK8RexVqzj 23 hours ago
- Today Canada mourns the loss of an icon who will be missed fully and completely. #RIPGordDownie https://t.co/1G68WKBwfc 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #Diwali, we would like to wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 1 day ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Message from our trustee
February 3, 2014Posted by on
We are pleased to share the following message from our trustee and chair of the board, Anna DeBartolo
Message from our Trustee
This is an exciting time for our Board. We recently launched our new Mission, Vision and Values, and the Board’s first slogan – Inspire Learning!
Our new mission statement – to advance student achievement and well-being through public education, which motivates learners, fosters inclusion, inspires innovation and builds community – will help to guide our work and move us forward in the months and years ahead.
Thank you to everyone who shared their input. We look forward to bringing these statements to life in our school communities.
We are now halfway through the school year, a good time to celebrate all that your children have achieved and to set goals for the rest of the year. I encourage you to speak with your child not only about what they are learning, but also how they are learning. There are so many exciting and innovative things happening in our schools.
Best wishes for an enjoyable and successful second term.