- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 12 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Message from our trustee
February 3, 2014Posted by on
We are pleased to share the following message from our trustee and chair of the board, Anna DeBartolo
Message from our Trustee
This is an exciting time for our Board. We recently launched our new Mission, Vision and Values, and the Board’s first slogan – Inspire Learning!
Our new mission statement – to advance student achievement and well-being through public education, which motivates learners, fosters inclusion, inspires innovation and builds community – will help to guide our work and move us forward in the months and years ahead.
Thank you to everyone who shared their input. We look forward to bringing these statements to life in our school communities.
We are now halfway through the school year, a good time to celebrate all that your children have achieved and to set goals for the rest of the year. I encourage you to speak with your child not only about what they are learning, but also how they are learning. There are so many exciting and innovative things happening in our schools.
Best wishes for an enjoyable and successful second term.