- RT @PatriciaEGaspar: YRDSB Childrens Water Festival @yrdsb @YRDSBEcoSchools @yorkregionnews @YorkRegionGovt #kcss https://t.co/8MvAuPZ3Gq 12 hours ago
- Looking for some fun activities to do in August? Check out the 2017 #OntarioFunPass for all kinds of exciting deals… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 15 hours ago
- RT @ONedSsChat: @ONedSsChat #onted Ss learn how social media can be used to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Pls RT! #Stu… 16 hours ago
- RT @DungeyTod: Outdoor play time @YRDSB BBFK @VelloreWoods includes opportunities 4 learning in everything they do #yrdsbearlyyears #summer… 17 hours ago
- RT @HealthCanada: Kids are most vulnerable to extreme heat! Whether you’re provider or parent, be heat ready! ow.ly/icZy30dOr7H https… 19 hours ago
- ICYMI: #YRDSB is hiring Educational Assistants! Get your applications in today. Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EA EducationalAssistant 1 day ago
- RT @ms_ldavidson: Last week at camp we traveled around the world and learned about the importance of story telling in different cultures #y… 1 day ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students listen to professional podcaster @thejaywong & learn ways to expand personal br… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Congratulations #TeamOntario! #NAIG2017 twitter.com/IndigenousON/s… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: @CarolCampbell4 will be at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Will you? Registration is now open: ow.ly/fPuQ30dKxL6… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Message from our trustee
February 3, 2014Posted by on
We are pleased to share the following message from our trustee and chair of the board, Anna DeBartolo
Message from our Trustee
This is an exciting time for our Board. We recently launched our new Mission, Vision and Values, and the Board’s first slogan – Inspire Learning!
Our new mission statement – to advance student achievement and well-being through public education, which motivates learners, fosters inclusion, inspires innovation and builds community – will help to guide our work and move us forward in the months and years ahead.
Thank you to everyone who shared their input. We look forward to bringing these statements to life in our school communities.
We are now halfway through the school year, a good time to celebrate all that your children have achieved and to set goals for the rest of the year. I encourage you to speak with your child not only about what they are learning, but also how they are learning. There are so many exciting and innovative things happening in our schools.
Best wishes for an enjoyable and successful second term.