- Parents - Here are some tips for speaking with your child after a tragic event. ow.ly/6qgD30jnP2u twitter.com/YRDSB/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Staff and students from @BarbaraReidPS will be celebrating their official opening celebration with the school's nam… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Our thoughts, best wishes and support go out to all those affected by the incident involving a van and pedestrians… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Hey #YRDSB, did you know it's Pitch-in Canada week? Do your part this week to help clean up, restore and beautify t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Have a passion for research? Interested in continuing your learning over the summer while getting 2 credits? Check… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- Please consider joining us at an upcoming consultation. ow.ly/WM7g30jD2PZ twitter.com/YRDSBDirector/… 11 hours ago
- RT @eqao: Are you a student in an Ontario public school between Grade 7 and 12? Do you want to make a difference in the work of EQAO? If y… 13 hours ago
- RT @ONeducation: Happy Canada Book Day! Reading to children and talking about their ideas helps them reach a deeper level of understanding.… 14 hours ago
- RT @CecilRoachSO: Thank you to our CEC North community for giving up your time on this beautiful spring day. @YRDSB truly values parent and… 1 day ago
- Getting to know each other at the @SWMSS_Ravens #YRDSBTownHall https://t.co/BqKPwfsrV5 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
One week to go
February 13, 2014Posted by on
To our community,
We have one week to go until our Family Literacy Evening. Today, our school Leadership Team met to review the finishing touches on the evening. We think you are going to really enjoy what we have planned. The evening will begin at 6:30 p.m. in our school gym where I will start us off with a shared reading of a wonderful book called Questions, Questions. We will then break off into various locations throughout the school where staff will share with families different tips and strategies for you to consider with your own children. Our Learning Commons will also open it’s doors to allow families to see texts that are available for students to sign out. Don’t forget we also have a draw for special prizes.
Thank you to those families who have returned the sign up forms indicating that you will be attending – this really helps us to know our numbers for the evening.
We look forward to seeing our families next week.