- Parents - Here are some tips for speaking with your child after a tragic event. ow.ly/6qgD30jnP2u twitter.com/YRDSB/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Staff and students from @BarbaraReidPS will be celebrating their official opening celebration with the school's nam… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Our thoughts, best wishes and support go out to all those affected by the incident involving a van and pedestrians… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Hey #YRDSB, did you know it's Pitch-in Canada week? Do your part this week to help clean up, restore and beautify t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Have a passion for research? Interested in continuing your learning over the summer while getting 2 credits? Check… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- Please consider joining us at an upcoming consultation. ow.ly/WM7g30jD2PZ twitter.com/YRDSBDirector/… 11 hours ago
- RT @eqao: Are you a student in an Ontario public school between Grade 7 and 12? Do you want to make a difference in the work of EQAO? If y… 12 hours ago
- RT @ONeducation: Happy Canada Book Day! Reading to children and talking about their ideas helps them reach a deeper level of understanding.… 14 hours ago
- RT @CecilRoachSO: Thank you to our CEC North community for giving up your time on this beautiful spring day. @YRDSB truly values parent and… 1 day ago
- Getting to know each other at the @SWMSS_Ravens #YRDSBTownHall https://t.co/BqKPwfsrV5 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
June 17, 2014Posted by on
June 17, 2014
A hard copy of this letter was sent home today with students.
To our parents and guardians,
Thank you again for your support and work with us this year at our school. It is hard to believe another school year is almost done. It has been a busy year at our school and we congratulate our students and staff on their hard work.
I wanted to take this time to welcome some new staff who will be joining our team next September. We welcome Ms. Harpreet Jassal who is currently teaching at Thornhill Woods P.S and Ms. Morgan Barnett joining us from German Mills P.S. Once again, we also welcome Ms. Bongard as our new principal next year and Ms. Lau who will be our school’s Vice Principal, half time.
We have a number of staff who will be leaving our school at the end of the month. We all want to wish Ms. Castrodale the very best as she begins her retirement. We wish Ms. Theis and Ms. Karia the very best as they transfer to Anne Frank P.S and Thornhill Woods P.S. respectively. Ms. Daryanani will be moving to Silver Stream Public School for next September. Ms. Bianchi and Ms. Rinaldi have both accepted teaching positions at Anne Frank P.S for next year. Ms. Schmidt and Ms. Abalos-Chocron will be moving to Robert Munsch P.S next September. We appreciate the work of Ms. Trivedi, Ms. Middleton, Ms. Roberts, Ms. Khoranchi and Ms. Tieri who will complete their long term occasional contracts at our school this year. We continue to wish Ms. Bomba well on her maternity leave and Ms. Gismondi who will be extending her child care leave next year.
I want to wish all of our staff the very best for their work ahead and thank them all for their contributions to our school.