- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Please join us for the upcoming EIAC community consultations. Check out flyers below for information & details. Third I… 3 hours ago
- RT @YorkRegionGovt: Is your school participating in #BikeToSchool Week? Private schools in York Region, @YRDSB and @YCDSB schools can regis… 3 hours ago
- TONIGHT - We will be @MHS_YRDSB hosting a town hall and gathering critical feedback to help influence the #YRDSB Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Our sincerest condolences to Renuka's family and @tdsb. Our thoughts are with your communities and families. twitter.com/tdsb/status/98… 7 hours ago
- RT @MsB_ELL: So proud of our Parkview students who got an honourable mention today for best picture at the water documentary film festival!… 7 hours ago
- Students and staff from @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental action projects through… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today we honour the administrative staff that work behind the scenes in our Board to support student achievement an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018! Get your registrations in by 12PM today. The event will take… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Amazing! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... Or in this case when life gives you an ice storm, make a stic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
A Season for Giving….
December 3, 2014Posted by on
As we near the winter holiday break, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support this year, and wish you a happy and safe holiday season. Our School Council, Student Council, Positive Climates for Learning Committee and ELL team are working hard to collect donations and raise money for families in need.
There are several initiatives happening over the next few weeks to support both the school and our local families. Our current initiatives include:
Vaughan Food Drive- bring any canned or non-perishable items to school from now until December 17
Toy Drive – Drop off a new, unwrapped toy to the bins in front of our office- final day is December 15
Hat and Mitten Tree- Bring in a new winter hat, mittens or gloves for a local shelter until December 17
Danceathon- This is our major fundraiser to support initiatives at Lorna Jackson. Money collected goes to support literacy, numeracy and technology resources at our school. For every $2 donated, students receive a ticket to enter for a draw for many exciting prizes. Danceathon will be the morning of December 12.
Assembly- Our final good news assembly for 2014 will take place on December 19th at 1:45. The theme will be Festival of Lights- please join us in the school gym.
We thank you for your donations and for making Lorna Jackson a home away from home.
M.Bongard and E. Lau, on behalf of the Lorna Jackson team
Comments are closed.