- ICYMI: Join Trustee Pang & Board Chair Carruthers for a #CoffeeChat in Unionville today from 3-5PM. Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- October 19 is #SpiritDay! Wear purple tomorrow to celebrate #LGBTQ youth and to take a stand against bullying! https://t.co/DBMDpnzqom 18 hours ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: @YRDSB @YRDSBArts This video captures the intentional & purposeful planning that goes into the murals & art at Aldergrove… 20 hours ago
- TOMORROW - #YRDSB Special Education Advisory Committee Meeting. Oct 19 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 21 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBGetOut: Hey @YRDSB! Look at all the amazing, engaged educators at our Outdoor Education Advisory Committee Meeting!! https://t.co/… 22 hours ago
- RT @YouthON: In Ontario, it’s the law to report #childabuse. See it? Report it. It’s the law. https://t.co/dK8RexVqzj 23 hours ago
- Today Canada mourns the loss of an icon who will be missed fully and completely. #RIPGordDownie https://t.co/1G68WKBwfc 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #Diwali, we would like to wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 1 day ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
The Jackson Jet is Going Global!
January 16, 2015Posted by on
Did you know that the students at Lorna Jackson Public School speak over 22 different languages? We represent so many different cultures at our school – we really are a global community.
A new Multicultural Club is being launched at Lorna Jackson! The club is geared for students in Grades 5-8 who are interested in sharing their culture and traditions while learning about the heritage of others. Students will also be trained as Ambassadors to welcome and give a school orientation to newcomer students.
Students who are interested in getting involved are invited to sign-up on the sheet posted outside of Room 102.
Together, we will explore and celebrate our diverse, yet united, world at Lorna Jackson!
(A special thank you to Ms. Forster for organizing this leadership opportunity for our students.)
Comments are closed.