- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Please join us for the upcoming EIAC community consultations. Check out flyers below for information & details. Third I… 3 hours ago
- RT @YorkRegionGovt: Is your school participating in #BikeToSchool Week? Private schools in York Region, @YRDSB and @YCDSB schools can regis… 3 hours ago
- TONIGHT - We will be @MHS_YRDSB hosting a town hall and gathering critical feedback to help influence the #YRDSB Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Our sincerest condolences to Renuka's family and @tdsb. Our thoughts are with your communities and families. twitter.com/tdsb/status/98… 7 hours ago
- RT @MsB_ELL: So proud of our Parkview students who got an honourable mention today for best picture at the water documentary film festival!… 7 hours ago
- Students and staff from @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental action projects through… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today we honour the administrative staff that work behind the scenes in our Board to support student achievement an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018! Get your registrations in by 12PM today. The event will take… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Amazing! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... Or in this case when life gives you an ice storm, make a stic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
The Jackson Jet is Going Global!
January 16, 2015Posted by on
Did you know that the students at Lorna Jackson Public School speak over 22 different languages? We represent so many different cultures at our school – we really are a global community.
A new Multicultural Club is being launched at Lorna Jackson! The club is geared for students in Grades 5-8 who are interested in sharing their culture and traditions while learning about the heritage of others. Students will also be trained as Ambassadors to welcome and give a school orientation to newcomer students.
Students who are interested in getting involved are invited to sign-up on the sheet posted outside of Room 102.
Together, we will explore and celebrate our diverse, yet united, world at Lorna Jackson!
(A special thank you to Ms. Forster for organizing this leadership opportunity for our students.)
Comments are closed.