- Have you applied for @YRDSBArtsCamp? Space is limited and time is running out! Deadline = Feb 9.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 minutes ago
- Does your teacher make history come alive? Nominate them today! twitter.com/CanadasHistory… 52 minutes ago
- RT @camillelogan: @doncrestps choir starts off the #BlackHistoryMonth event @cityofmarkham @YRDSB @maccamarkham https://t.co/WgHbnWXaZ8 1 hour ago
- @fivefortheDr We're sorry to hear your son's bus did not arrive. Please send us a DM with further details so we can… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- The warmest of welcomes to all our new students! Welcome to #YRDSB! twitter.com/YRDSB_IES/stat… 2 hours ago
- Only 9 months left until #YRDSBQuest 2018! twitter.com/TLX_ED/status/… 3 hours ago
- It's almost time to imagine, create and play for family literacy day! This year, the five #YRDSB Early ON Centres a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Another amazing @AEBSyrdsb fundraiser! Great food, music and dancing for a great cause! @YRDSB @yrdsbinclusion https://t.… 5 hours ago
- RT @yrdsbdlrt: This week’s 5T Challenge - List and Grid View in Google Drive 1. Watch the TECH TIP 2. TRY it 3. ReTWEET & type “I did it!”… 6 hours ago
- School bus and taxi service will operate today, January 22, 2018, and schools remain open for learning. 9 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
The Jackson Jet is Going Global!
January 16, 2015Posted by on
Did you know that the students at Lorna Jackson Public School speak over 22 different languages? We represent so many different cultures at our school – we really are a global community.
A new Multicultural Club is being launched at Lorna Jackson! The club is geared for students in Grades 5-8 who are interested in sharing their culture and traditions while learning about the heritage of others. Students will also be trained as Ambassadors to welcome and give a school orientation to newcomer students.
Students who are interested in getting involved are invited to sign-up on the sheet posted outside of Room 102.
Together, we will explore and celebrate our diverse, yet united, world at Lorna Jackson!
(A special thank you to Ms. Forster for organizing this leadership opportunity for our students.)
Comments are closed.