- Have you applied for @YRDSBArtsCamp? Space is limited and time is running out! Deadline = Feb 9.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 minutes ago
- Does your teacher make history come alive? Nominate them today! twitter.com/CanadasHistory… 43 minutes ago
- RT @camillelogan: @doncrestps choir starts off the #BlackHistoryMonth event @cityofmarkham @YRDSB @maccamarkham https://t.co/WgHbnWXaZ8 1 hour ago
- @fivefortheDr We're sorry to hear your son's bus did not arrive. Please send us a DM with further details so we can… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- The warmest of welcomes to all our new students! Welcome to #YRDSB! twitter.com/YRDSB_IES/stat… 2 hours ago
- Only 9 months left until #YRDSBQuest 2018! twitter.com/TLX_ED/status/… 3 hours ago
- It's almost time to imagine, create and play for family literacy day! This year, the five #YRDSB Early ON Centres a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Another amazing @AEBSyrdsb fundraiser! Great food, music and dancing for a great cause! @YRDSB @yrdsbinclusion https://t.… 5 hours ago
- RT @yrdsbdlrt: This week’s 5T Challenge - List and Grid View in Google Drive 1. Watch the TECH TIP 2. TRY it 3. ReTWEET & type “I did it!”… 6 hours ago
- School bus and taxi service will operate today, January 22, 2018, and schools remain open for learning. 8 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
We have a “Growth Mindset” at LJPS
May 5, 2015Posted by on
Staff and students at LJPS are talking about how important it is to have a growth mindset towards learning.
At LJPS we view mistakes as opportunities for learning. Some phrases that our primary students might use are:
Instead of “I made a mistake” say, “Making mistakes shows that I am trying!”
Instead of “I can’t do this” say, “This may take some time and hard work!”
Instead of “I am not good at this”, say “How can I get better at this?”
We can all get better with practice. As our students work towards curriculum and learning skills goals, help us to encourage them by keeping a growth mindset. Making mistakes is how we can learn!
Comments are closed.