- RT @PatriciaEGaspar: YRDSB Childrens Water Festival @yrdsb @YRDSBEcoSchools @yorkregionnews @YorkRegionGovt #kcss https://t.co/8MvAuPZ3Gq 12 hours ago
- Looking for some fun activities to do in August? Check out the 2017 #OntarioFunPass for all kinds of exciting deals… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 14 hours ago
- RT @ONedSsChat: @ONedSsChat #onted Ss learn how social media can be used to make a positive difference in the lives of others. Pls RT! #Stu… 16 hours ago
- RT @DungeyTod: Outdoor play time @YRDSB BBFK @VelloreWoods includes opportunities 4 learning in everything they do #yrdsbearlyyears #summer… 17 hours ago
- RT @HealthCanada: Kids are most vulnerable to extreme heat! Whether you’re provider or parent, be heat ready! ow.ly/icZy30dOr7H https… 18 hours ago
- ICYMI: #YRDSB is hiring Educational Assistants! Get your applications in today. Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EA EducationalAssistant 1 day ago
- RT @ms_ldavidson: Last week at camp we traveled around the world and learned about the importance of story telling in different cultures #y… 1 day ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students listen to professional podcaster @thejaywong & learn ways to expand personal br… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Congratulations #TeamOntario! #NAIG2017 twitter.com/IndigenousON/s… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: @CarolCampbell4 will be at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Will you? Registration is now open: ow.ly/fPuQ30dKxL6… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Student Ambassadors – and their role at Lorna Jackson
May 21, 2015Posted by on
Lorna Jackson Public School is very excited to now have Student Ambassadors at our school. Our Student Ambassadors are part of The Culture Club and have volunteered to take on this role.
The purpose of our Ambassadors is to welcome and encourage new students when they arrive at our school. Our Ambassadors have been trained to give newcomers a tour of our school. They will inform students of the extra-curricular activities and events that we have at our school, explain some of our important school rules, introduce them to staff members, and provide them with any other information they might need to feel at home during their first couple of weeks at our school.
Students who come to Lorna Jackson may be from another school in York Region, from elsewhere in Ontario or Canada, or even from another country. The support they will require will depend on where they are coming from. Some of our Ambassadors speak a language other than English and, in some situations, will be able to assist by translating for the student. Overall, the goal for our Ambassadors is to make new students feel welcome at Lorna Jackson and make their transition to our school a positive and happy experience.
Comments are closed.