- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Please join us for the upcoming EIAC community consultations. Check out flyers below for information & details. Third I… 3 hours ago
- RT @YorkRegionGovt: Is your school participating in #BikeToSchool Week? Private schools in York Region, @YRDSB and @YCDSB schools can regis… 3 hours ago
- TONIGHT - We will be @MHS_YRDSB hosting a town hall and gathering critical feedback to help influence the #YRDSB Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Our sincerest condolences to Renuka's family and @tdsb. Our thoughts are with your communities and families. twitter.com/tdsb/status/98… 7 hours ago
- RT @MsB_ELL: So proud of our Parkview students who got an honourable mention today for best picture at the water documentary film festival!… 7 hours ago
- Students and staff from @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- @MillikenMHS will be taking it outside for #EarthDay and engaging in tangible environmental action projects through… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today we honour the administrative staff that work behind the scenes in our Board to support student achievement an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018! Get your registrations in by 12PM today. The event will take… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Amazing! When life gives you lemons, make lemonade... Or in this case when life gives you an ice storm, make a stic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Student Ambassadors – and their role at Lorna Jackson
May 21, 2015Posted by on
Lorna Jackson Public School is very excited to now have Student Ambassadors at our school. Our Student Ambassadors are part of The Culture Club and have volunteered to take on this role.
The purpose of our Ambassadors is to welcome and encourage new students when they arrive at our school. Our Ambassadors have been trained to give newcomers a tour of our school. They will inform students of the extra-curricular activities and events that we have at our school, explain some of our important school rules, introduce them to staff members, and provide them with any other information they might need to feel at home during their first couple of weeks at our school.
Students who come to Lorna Jackson may be from another school in York Region, from elsewhere in Ontario or Canada, or even from another country. The support they will require will depend on where they are coming from. Some of our Ambassadors speak a language other than English and, in some situations, will be able to assist by translating for the student. Overall, the goal for our Ambassadors is to make new students feel welcome at Lorna Jackson and make their transition to our school a positive and happy experience.
Comments are closed.