- Planning ahead? Find all 2017-18 #YRDSB holidays & PA Days here: ow.ly/GAwf30dMucT https://t.co/btTuVkIk4m 2 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students are changing the game one #App at a time! yorkregion.com/news-story/742… 3 days ago
- We are hiring Educational Assistants. Apply today to join the #YRDSB team! Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EducationalAssistant #EA 3 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students working with robotics and putting their passions to the test! #innovation… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Rediscover your inner child at the #YRDSBQuest Playground & explore well-being in a hands on environment! Register:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Have your voice heard and help make Ontario #accessible for everyone! twitter.com/ONeducation/st… 3 days ago
- RT @TRCAarchaeology: With drier units it's back to business excavating units, tallying artifacts and paperwork! #BAFS40 #boydfs #archaeolog… 3 days ago
- Worried about your child's moods or behaviours? Talk to them. Access resources that can help at ow.ly/AKoz308EdHA 4 days ago
- RT @DungeyTod: @BlueWillowPS BBFK Prnt Session - Supporting parents with their child's transition in2 JK in Sept @YRDSB #summerlearning htt… 4 days ago
- We are pleased to announce that the amazing @CarolCampbell4 will be joining us again at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Register… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Letter to Families From Our Director – June 17, 2015
June 17, 2015Posted by on
I am writing to provide you with a further update regarding your child’s end of year marks.
Our teachers are professionals who have supported your child’s achievement and well-being throughout the year. Recently, our teachers have dedicated time and effort to prepare marks for your child. While they are bound by the ETFO provincial strike mandate to not complete report cards, we appreciate that mark information is important to you.
As a result, beginning August 31, 2015, York Region District School Board elementary school Principals and Vice-Principals will provide a mark summary for those parents who wish to receive it. As of August 31, you may visit your child’s school to receive a summary of the marks submitted by teachers at the end of this school year.
The mark summary does not replace the end of year report card and is not an official transcript. The promotion/grade placement letter, which you will receive on June 22, 2015, is the official end of year record for your child and will be placed in his/her Ontario Student Record (OSR) file.
While I appreciate this is not what you have come to expect for reporting at the end of a school year, the mark summary for students provides all parents/guardians with an equal opportunity to receive achievement information, including marks.
Comments are closed.