- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 12 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Letter to Families From Our Director – June 17, 2015
June 17, 2015Posted by on
I am writing to provide you with a further update regarding your child’s end of year marks.
Our teachers are professionals who have supported your child’s achievement and well-being throughout the year. Recently, our teachers have dedicated time and effort to prepare marks for your child. While they are bound by the ETFO provincial strike mandate to not complete report cards, we appreciate that mark information is important to you.
As a result, beginning August 31, 2015, York Region District School Board elementary school Principals and Vice-Principals will provide a mark summary for those parents who wish to receive it. As of August 31, you may visit your child’s school to receive a summary of the marks submitted by teachers at the end of this school year.
The mark summary does not replace the end of year report card and is not an official transcript. The promotion/grade placement letter, which you will receive on June 22, 2015, is the official end of year record for your child and will be placed in his/her Ontario Student Record (OSR) file.
While I appreciate this is not what you have come to expect for reporting at the end of a school year, the mark summary for students provides all parents/guardians with an equal opportunity to receive achievement information, including marks.
Comments are closed.