- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 8 minutes ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 40 minutes ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 52 minutes ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 3 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 20 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBEarlyYears: YRDSB Early Years and ESL Teams are excited to share a new resource for families of children in Kindergarten. "Talking… 23 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peek behind the scenes with our new Director @LouiseSirisko . Stay tuned for the feature presentatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Do you know a school team doing amazing work to foster a safe, inclusive and accepting school environment? Nominate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Feeling the stress of exams? Did you know that if you study for a test in small chunks, you'll be more likely to re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Letter to Families From Our Director – June 17, 2015
June 17, 2015Posted by on
I am writing to provide you with a further update regarding your child’s end of year marks.
Our teachers are professionals who have supported your child’s achievement and well-being throughout the year. Recently, our teachers have dedicated time and effort to prepare marks for your child. While they are bound by the ETFO provincial strike mandate to not complete report cards, we appreciate that mark information is important to you.
As a result, beginning August 31, 2015, York Region District School Board elementary school Principals and Vice-Principals will provide a mark summary for those parents who wish to receive it. As of August 31, you may visit your child’s school to receive a summary of the marks submitted by teachers at the end of this school year.
The mark summary does not replace the end of year report card and is not an official transcript. The promotion/grade placement letter, which you will receive on June 22, 2015, is the official end of year record for your child and will be placed in his/her Ontario Student Record (OSR) file.
While I appreciate this is not what you have come to expect for reporting at the end of a school year, the mark summary for students provides all parents/guardians with an equal opportunity to receive achievement information, including marks.
Comments are closed.