- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 4 hours ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 7 hours ago
- TONIGHT - #YRDSB Board Standing Committee meeting. Oct 17 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/nHxb30fWaQC https://t.co/Vyg6XovoaU 8 hours ago
- Have a great idea for an article on student well-being? Make a submission to the #YRDSBQuest Journal by Nov 10 !… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today is the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Together we can create peaceful and inclusive societies. @UN #EndPoverty 10 hours ago
- Time for #TextbookTuesday! Check out this high school book-keeping text from 1890 with the latest & greatest accoun… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- October is Child Abuse Prevention Month! Let’s work together to keep kids safe & wear purple on Oct 24 to show your… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Time for a #SchoolBusSafetyWeek tip! Remind your children to look both ways before they step off the bus. #STOPONRED https://t.co/xL6CO39lJi 1 day ago
- It's Waste Reduction Week! Show us how you're eliminating waste & join in the conversation with #WasteReductionWeek… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Excited to launch our @yrdsbinclusion Twitter account. Follow us and join our learning journey. #yrdsb #equity #ontedeq… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Letter to Families From Our Director – June 17, 2015
June 17, 2015Posted by on
I am writing to provide you with a further update regarding your child’s end of year marks.
Our teachers are professionals who have supported your child’s achievement and well-being throughout the year. Recently, our teachers have dedicated time and effort to prepare marks for your child. While they are bound by the ETFO provincial strike mandate to not complete report cards, we appreciate that mark information is important to you.
As a result, beginning August 31, 2015, York Region District School Board elementary school Principals and Vice-Principals will provide a mark summary for those parents who wish to receive it. As of August 31, you may visit your child’s school to receive a summary of the marks submitted by teachers at the end of this school year.
The mark summary does not replace the end of year report card and is not an official transcript. The promotion/grade placement letter, which you will receive on June 22, 2015, is the official end of year record for your child and will be placed in his/her Ontario Student Record (OSR) file.
While I appreciate this is not what you have come to expect for reporting at the end of a school year, the mark summary for students provides all parents/guardians with an equal opportunity to receive achievement information, including marks.
Comments are closed.