- Parents - Here are some tips for speaking with your child after a tragic event. ow.ly/6qgD30jnP2u twitter.com/YRDSB/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Staff and students from @BarbaraReidPS will be celebrating their official opening celebration with the school's nam… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Our thoughts, best wishes and support go out to all those affected by the incident involving a van and pedestrians… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- Hey #YRDSB, did you know it's Pitch-in Canada week? Do your part this week to help clean up, restore and beautify t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Have a passion for research? Interested in continuing your learning over the summer while getting 2 credits? Check… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- Please consider joining us at an upcoming consultation. ow.ly/WM7g30jD2PZ twitter.com/YRDSBDirector/… 11 hours ago
- RT @eqao: Are you a student in an Ontario public school between Grade 7 and 12? Do you want to make a difference in the work of EQAO? If y… 12 hours ago
- RT @ONeducation: Happy Canada Book Day! Reading to children and talking about their ideas helps them reach a deeper level of understanding.… 14 hours ago
- RT @CecilRoachSO: Thank you to our CEC North community for giving up your time on this beautiful spring day. @YRDSB truly values parent and… 1 day ago
- Getting to know each other at the @SWMSS_Ravens #YRDSBTownHall https://t.co/BqKPwfsrV5 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
September 3, 2015Posted by on
We trust that you have had a wonderful summer. The staff at LJPS have been working diligently to get our school ready for Tuesday, September 8 and the hustle and bustle that comes with the first day of school. In terms our our school building, we have been fortunate to receive new exterior doors over the summer as well as new office and library flooring. They both look terrific.
We have some wonderful additions and news to share about our staff as well. Congratulations to Ms. Rafalowski who had her baby girl over the summer (both are happy and healthy). We would like to welcome back Ms.Roberts, Ms. Gismondi and Ms. Aternino, and extend a sincere LJPS welcome to Ms. McInnis, our Vice Principal, Mr. Pedroza and Ms. Badal who will be teaching Homeroom and Core French. Welcome to Mr. Spang, a Child and Youth Worker (CYW) who will be supporting our students this year as well. We would like to congratulate Ms. Trivedi who secured a permanent position at Hartman Public School. Congratulations also to Mr. Scorziello who will be taking on a leadership role with the Board until the new year. Welcome to Mr. Ferreira who will be filling the position of Lead Caretaker.
Some notable items and tips for the first day back to school:
Routines- to help students have a wonderful first day, develop some routines before the first day such as- earlier bedtimes, making lunches the night before, having all items ready such as indoor shoes packed, clothes picked, backpacks ready and for our youngest students, practice saying goodbye so they know what to expect the first day.
BUS- http://www.schoolbuscity.com provides a list of all bus stops and times. Please note that there has been a recent bus number change-Route 345 (First Student) has been changed to Route 5003T-6 (Stock transportation 905 883 6665)
Class Placements- When you arrive on the first morning, please check in with one of our staff outside to find out your child’s teacher for this year. Students will then be able to line up at the appropriate entry door. This year- our grade 8s will use the same door used for entry last year, beside the kindergarten yard. Our grade 1, 2 and 7 will use the door between the basketball poles and our grade 3-6 will use the doors closest to our catwalk, around the side of the school. Please be patient, this is an anxious time for families, students and staff (we still get nervous too!)
We understand that sometimes students have an initial reaction to their class placements, please talk to them ahead of time about inclusion, making new friends, trying their best and perseverance in difficult situations.
Parking Lot- Please use our kiss and ride loop, making sure to pull fully to the right and have students exit the vehicle on the right hand side. Cars should only park in designated spaces. No vehicle should be left unattended in the kiss and ride loop. We appreciate your patience, please leave early to help ease congestion.
School Council-Please join us and become involved in our School Council by submitting a nomination form from our first day packages. Our first meeting is September 23rd at 7pm in the library- Everyone is welcome!
To all of our families new and returning- thank you for your ongoing support, please feel free to contact the office if you have any questions or concerns, we look forward to another great year! Stingers soar high!
M. Bongard and P. McInnis
Comments are closed.