- Planning ahead? Find all 2017-18 #YRDSB holidays & PA Days here: ow.ly/GAwf30dMucT https://t.co/btTuVkIk4m 2 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students are changing the game one #App at a time! yorkregion.com/news-story/742… 3 days ago
- We are hiring Educational Assistants. Apply today to join the #YRDSB team! Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EducationalAssistant #EA 3 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students working with robotics and putting their passions to the test! #innovation… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Rediscover your inner child at the #YRDSBQuest Playground & explore well-being in a hands on environment! Register:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Have your voice heard and help make Ontario #accessible for everyone! twitter.com/ONeducation/st… 3 days ago
- RT @TRCAarchaeology: With drier units it's back to business excavating units, tallying artifacts and paperwork! #BAFS40 #boydfs #archaeolog… 3 days ago
- Worried about your child's moods or behaviours? Talk to them. Access resources that can help at ow.ly/AKoz308EdHA 4 days ago
- RT @DungeyTod: @BlueWillowPS BBFK Prnt Session - Supporting parents with their child's transition in2 JK in Sept @YRDSB #summerlearning htt… 4 days ago
- We are pleased to announce that the amazing @CarolCampbell4 will be joining us again at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Register… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
September 3, 2015Posted by on
We trust that you have had a wonderful summer. The staff at LJPS have been working diligently to get our school ready for Tuesday, September 8 and the hustle and bustle that comes with the first day of school. In terms our our school building, we have been fortunate to receive new exterior doors over the summer as well as new office and library flooring. They both look terrific.
We have some wonderful additions and news to share about our staff as well. Congratulations to Ms. Rafalowski who had her baby girl over the summer (both are happy and healthy). We would like to welcome back Ms.Roberts, Ms. Gismondi and Ms. Aternino, and extend a sincere LJPS welcome to Ms. McInnis, our Vice Principal, Mr. Pedroza and Ms. Badal who will be teaching Homeroom and Core French. Welcome to Mr. Spang, a Child and Youth Worker (CYW) who will be supporting our students this year as well. We would like to congratulate Ms. Trivedi who secured a permanent position at Hartman Public School. Congratulations also to Mr. Scorziello who will be taking on a leadership role with the Board until the new year. Welcome to Mr. Ferreira who will be filling the position of Lead Caretaker.
Some notable items and tips for the first day back to school:
Routines- to help students have a wonderful first day, develop some routines before the first day such as- earlier bedtimes, making lunches the night before, having all items ready such as indoor shoes packed, clothes picked, backpacks ready and for our youngest students, practice saying goodbye so they know what to expect the first day.
BUS- http://www.schoolbuscity.com provides a list of all bus stops and times. Please note that there has been a recent bus number change-Route 345 (First Student) has been changed to Route 5003T-6 (Stock transportation 905 883 6665)
Class Placements- When you arrive on the first morning, please check in with one of our staff outside to find out your child’s teacher for this year. Students will then be able to line up at the appropriate entry door. This year- our grade 8s will use the same door used for entry last year, beside the kindergarten yard. Our grade 1, 2 and 7 will use the door between the basketball poles and our grade 3-6 will use the doors closest to our catwalk, around the side of the school. Please be patient, this is an anxious time for families, students and staff (we still get nervous too!)
We understand that sometimes students have an initial reaction to their class placements, please talk to them ahead of time about inclusion, making new friends, trying their best and perseverance in difficult situations.
Parking Lot- Please use our kiss and ride loop, making sure to pull fully to the right and have students exit the vehicle on the right hand side. Cars should only park in designated spaces. No vehicle should be left unattended in the kiss and ride loop. We appreciate your patience, please leave early to help ease congestion.
School Council-Please join us and become involved in our School Council by submitting a nomination form from our first day packages. Our first meeting is September 23rd at 7pm in the library- Everyone is welcome!
To all of our families new and returning- thank you for your ongoing support, please feel free to contact the office if you have any questions or concerns, we look forward to another great year! Stingers soar high!
M. Bongard and P. McInnis
Comments are closed.