- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 17 minutes ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 49 minutes ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 3 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 20 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBEarlyYears: YRDSB Early Years and ESL Teams are excited to share a new resource for families of children in Kindergarten. "Talking… 23 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peek behind the scenes with our new Director @LouiseSirisko . Stay tuned for the feature presentatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Do you know a school team doing amazing work to foster a safe, inclusive and accepting school environment? Nominate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Feeling the stress of exams? Did you know that if you study for a test in small chunks, you'll be more likely to re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Hold and Secure
September 9, 2015Posted by on
This first week of school, there are many forms that come home. Our school newsletter, student verification forms and our “book of forms” have all come home this week. Please take a moment to review the information and return the required forms to the school. We ask that if you are able, you donate $5 towards the purchase price of your child’s agenda.
Today, as a precaution, our school initiated a hold and secure today from 1:20 until 1:40. During a hold and secure, all exterior doors are locked. The regular activities in the school continue.
This was in response to a call received from the York Regional Police regarding an incident near the school. The hold and secure was lifted with the advice from York Regional Police that it was safe to do so.
Your child may wish to talk about the hold and secure today as we had to call students in from recess. I am very happy to report that our students did exceptionally well and all students were inside the school in less than one minute.
I would like to reassure you that all necessary and appropriate measures to protect student and staff safety were taken. The hold and secure was a precautionary measure and at no time was student security compromised.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the school.
Comments are closed.