- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 11 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Hold and Secure
September 9, 2015Posted by on
This first week of school, there are many forms that come home. Our school newsletter, student verification forms and our “book of forms” have all come home this week. Please take a moment to review the information and return the required forms to the school. We ask that if you are able, you donate $5 towards the purchase price of your child’s agenda.
Today, as a precaution, our school initiated a hold and secure today from 1:20 until 1:40. During a hold and secure, all exterior doors are locked. The regular activities in the school continue.
This was in response to a call received from the York Regional Police regarding an incident near the school. The hold and secure was lifted with the advice from York Regional Police that it was safe to do so.
Your child may wish to talk about the hold and secure today as we had to call students in from recess. I am very happy to report that our students did exceptionally well and all students were inside the school in less than one minute.
I would like to reassure you that all necessary and appropriate measures to protect student and staff safety were taken. The hold and secure was a precautionary measure and at no time was student security compromised.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the school.
Comments are closed.