- Planning ahead? Find all 2017-18 #YRDSB holidays & PA Days here: ow.ly/GAwf30dMucT https://t.co/btTuVkIk4m 2 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students are changing the game one #App at a time! yorkregion.com/news-story/742… 2 days ago
- We are hiring Educational Assistants. Apply today to join the #YRDSB team! Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EducationalAssistant #EA 3 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students working with robotics and putting their passions to the test! #innovation… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Rediscover your inner child at the #YRDSBQuest Playground & explore well-being in a hands on environment! Register:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Have your voice heard and help make Ontario #accessible for everyone! twitter.com/ONeducation/st… 3 days ago
- RT @TRCAarchaeology: With drier units it's back to business excavating units, tallying artifacts and paperwork! #BAFS40 #boydfs #archaeolog… 3 days ago
- Worried about your child's moods or behaviours? Talk to them. Access resources that can help at ow.ly/AKoz308EdHA 4 days ago
- RT @DungeyTod: @BlueWillowPS BBFK Prnt Session - Supporting parents with their child's transition in2 JK in Sept @YRDSB #summerlearning htt… 4 days ago
- We are pleased to announce that the amazing @CarolCampbell4 will be joining us again at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Register… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Hold and Secure
September 9, 2015Posted by on
This first week of school, there are many forms that come home. Our school newsletter, student verification forms and our “book of forms” have all come home this week. Please take a moment to review the information and return the required forms to the school. We ask that if you are able, you donate $5 towards the purchase price of your child’s agenda.
Today, as a precaution, our school initiated a hold and secure today from 1:20 until 1:40. During a hold and secure, all exterior doors are locked. The regular activities in the school continue.
This was in response to a call received from the York Regional Police regarding an incident near the school. The hold and secure was lifted with the advice from York Regional Police that it was safe to do so.
Your child may wish to talk about the hold and secure today as we had to call students in from recess. I am very happy to report that our students did exceptionally well and all students were inside the school in less than one minute.
I would like to reassure you that all necessary and appropriate measures to protect student and staff safety were taken. The hold and secure was a precautionary measure and at no time was student security compromised.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the school.
Comments are closed.