- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 4 hours ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 7 hours ago
- TONIGHT - #YRDSB Board Standing Committee meeting. Oct 17 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/nHxb30fWaQC https://t.co/Vyg6XovoaU 8 hours ago
- Have a great idea for an article on student well-being? Make a submission to the #YRDSBQuest Journal by Nov 10 !… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today is the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Together we can create peaceful and inclusive societies. @UN #EndPoverty 10 hours ago
- Time for #TextbookTuesday! Check out this high school book-keeping text from 1890 with the latest & greatest accoun… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- October is Child Abuse Prevention Month! Let’s work together to keep kids safe & wear purple on Oct 24 to show your… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Time for a #SchoolBusSafetyWeek tip! Remind your children to look both ways before they step off the bus. #STOPONRED https://t.co/xL6CO39lJi 1 day ago
- It's Waste Reduction Week! Show us how you're eliminating waste & join in the conversation with #WasteReductionWeek… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Excited to launch our @yrdsbinclusion Twitter account. Follow us and join our learning journey. #yrdsb #equity #ontedeq… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Hold and Secure
September 9, 2015Posted by on
This first week of school, there are many forms that come home. Our school newsletter, student verification forms and our “book of forms” have all come home this week. Please take a moment to review the information and return the required forms to the school. We ask that if you are able, you donate $5 towards the purchase price of your child’s agenda.
Today, as a precaution, our school initiated a hold and secure today from 1:20 until 1:40. During a hold and secure, all exterior doors are locked. The regular activities in the school continue.
This was in response to a call received from the York Regional Police regarding an incident near the school. The hold and secure was lifted with the advice from York Regional Police that it was safe to do so.
Your child may wish to talk about the hold and secure today as we had to call students in from recess. I am very happy to report that our students did exceptionally well and all students were inside the school in less than one minute.
I would like to reassure you that all necessary and appropriate measures to protect student and staff safety were taken. The hold and secure was a precautionary measure and at no time was student security compromised.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the school.
Comments are closed.