- RT @_Ms_Moore_: SO proud of my student, Julia Shen, for winning 1st place in the @cityofmarkham Many Faces of Markham competition! Julia cr… 6 hours ago
- We are saddened to hear of an act of hate against a synagogue in Thornhill. #YRDSB stands with all our communities… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- RT @YRDSB_Students: IT'S HERE! YOUR TIME TO BE THE NEXT YRDSB STUDENT TRUSTEE! It's time to be the voice of over 123,000 students. It's tim… 10 hours ago
- Have you signed up to attend a Town Hall yet? Our Board of Trustees are looking for your input as the revise the Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- #DYK that there are co-ops in the sciences? Check out this interview with one of our students, Sohnia, talking abou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Congratulations Sarah! twitter.com/YSpaceYU/statu… 12 hours ago
- Today is #WorldWaterDay and it serves as a reminder for all of us that when we neglect our ecosystems, we make it h… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- #EarthHour is just a few days away! #YRDSB will be observing Earth Hour in our schools and workplaces on Friday Mar… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Today we observe the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. "Every day, each and every one… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @OCT_OEEO: On our 15th floor: we proudly display art by Stouffville District Secondary School students depicting #MentalHealth and #Well… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Spirit Day October 30 & A Special Thank You to Officer Toni
October 21, 2015Posted by on
Thank you for your feedback about our spirit day on October 30th. As a school, we have taken your feedback and will consider all viewpoints about students wearing costumes to school on October 30. Please continue to watch the blog this week for more information.
On behalf of Lorna Jackson Public School, I would like to take a moment to thank Officer Toni Passarelli #942, our community officer. She has been reassigned and met with our grade 7 & 8 students for the last time today. We wish her every success and know that she will be supporting students and families through her work as a police officer. Officer Toni always reminds us the importance of being humble, giving, and also shares freely the positive impact that students in York Region have had on her both personally and professionally. In her words, “The kids have my heart”.
Officer Toni, you have captured the heart of our students as well – thank you.
Comments are closed.