- RT @_Ms_Moore_: SO proud of my student, Julia Shen, for winning 1st place in the @cityofmarkham Many Faces of Markham competition! Julia cr… 6 hours ago
- We are saddened to hear of an act of hate against a synagogue in Thornhill. #YRDSB stands with all our communities… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 7 hours ago
- RT @YRDSB_Students: IT'S HERE! YOUR TIME TO BE THE NEXT YRDSB STUDENT TRUSTEE! It's time to be the voice of over 123,000 students. It's tim… 10 hours ago
- Have you signed up to attend a Town Hall yet? Our Board of Trustees are looking for your input as the revise the Mu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 10 hours ago
- #DYK that there are co-ops in the sciences? Check out this interview with one of our students, Sohnia, talking abou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Congratulations Sarah! twitter.com/YSpaceYU/statu… 12 hours ago
- Today is #WorldWaterDay and it serves as a reminder for all of us that when we neglect our ecosystems, we make it h… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- #EarthHour is just a few days away! #YRDSB will be observing Earth Hour in our schools and workplaces on Friday Mar… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Today we observe the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. "Every day, each and every one… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @OCT_OEEO: On our 15th floor: we proudly display art by Stouffville District Secondary School students depicting #MentalHealth and #Well… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Update about Progress Reports
November 16, 2015Posted by on
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I am writing to update you on important information as our school returns to normal working conditions following the recent job action.
Elementary Progress Reports
Our teachers are currently completing the fall progress report for students in Grades 1-8. As referenced in the Director of Education’s letter on November 3, 2015, these reports will be distributed in our school on December 11, 2015. If your child’s teacher has concerns with your child’s progress, she/he will contact you to set up a meeting. If you have questions about your child’s progress and a meeting has not been set up, please speak with your child’s teacher. Please note that because progress is tracked differently, reports are not being completed for distribution to students in Junior or Senior Kindergarten.
Parent Teacher Interviews
These meetings will be initiated by your child’s teacher where there are concerns regarding student progress and may occur on the evening of Thursday, November 26, 2015 or during the day on Friday, November 27, 2015. Teachers remain committed to ongoing communication with parents regarding student progress.
Your child’s teacher will initiate a meeting with you if there are concerns regarding progress. As always, if you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher directly.
Individual Education Plans
If your child has an individual education plan (IEP), you will receive an updated copy during the next reporting cycle in January. If you recently had an individual placement and review committee meeting, your child’s IEP will be provided to you prior to January. Please contact your child’s special education resource teacher (SERT) if you have any questions.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank our parent community for your ongoing commitment to Lorna Jackson Public School and for your patience through the recent labour situation. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Comments are closed.