- RT @VivianORC: Wonderful day with @lakewilcoxps Gr4s - and great connections - this family knows some of the original families that attende… 1 day ago
- RT @AldergrovePS: Enjoying the sounds of the season with the a rehearsal in #socialjustice Plaza @aldergrovearts @YRDSB @YRDSBCECEast @YRDS… 1 day ago
- RT @JoannaMaselli: The drama room is my #happyplace bc it’s a #safespace for diverse ensembles to collaborate through the creative process… 1 day ago
- Please read the latest message from Corrie McBain, Board Chair. ow.ly/9Shg30hfDYY 2 days ago
- RT @opheacanada: Applications for the 2018-19 Minister's Student Advisory Council are open for students in grades 7-12 at publicly funded s… 2 days ago
- RT @BarbaraReidPS: #FramingFutures Thanks to everyone who donated to the @YRP #HolidayHeroes our students helped to load the bus with all t… 2 days ago
- Are you a great communicator? Enjoy writing for the web? Join the #YRDSB team as a Web Portal and Communications Of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @YRDSB_IES: Application for September 2018 is open! Check out application process from here: ow.ly/lTGa30hcw1T . School list from… 2 days ago
- Students from @MDHSInfo are holding a 5km holiday run in support of @sickkids! Learn more: ow.ly/Grnc30hepAD… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @opheacanada: THANK YOU @HighgatePS for sharing your cool moves and active learning skills with us! We had a blast being part of the tea… 2 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Update about Progress Reports
November 16, 2015Posted by on
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I am writing to update you on important information as our school returns to normal working conditions following the recent job action.
Elementary Progress Reports
Our teachers are currently completing the fall progress report for students in Grades 1-8. As referenced in the Director of Education’s letter on November 3, 2015, these reports will be distributed in our school on December 11, 2015. If your child’s teacher has concerns with your child’s progress, she/he will contact you to set up a meeting. If you have questions about your child’s progress and a meeting has not been set up, please speak with your child’s teacher. Please note that because progress is tracked differently, reports are not being completed for distribution to students in Junior or Senior Kindergarten.
Parent Teacher Interviews
These meetings will be initiated by your child’s teacher where there are concerns regarding student progress and may occur on the evening of Thursday, November 26, 2015 or during the day on Friday, November 27, 2015. Teachers remain committed to ongoing communication with parents regarding student progress.
Your child’s teacher will initiate a meeting with you if there are concerns regarding progress. As always, if you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher directly.
Individual Education Plans
If your child has an individual education plan (IEP), you will receive an updated copy during the next reporting cycle in January. If you recently had an individual placement and review committee meeting, your child’s IEP will be provided to you prior to January. Please contact your child’s special education resource teacher (SERT) if you have any questions.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank our parent community for your ongoing commitment to Lorna Jackson Public School and for your patience through the recent labour situation. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Comments are closed.