- Planning ahead? Find all 2017-18 #YRDSB holidays & PA Days here: ow.ly/GAwf30dMucT https://t.co/btTuVkIk4m 2 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students are changing the game one #App at a time! yorkregion.com/news-story/742… 2 days ago
- We are hiring Educational Assistants. Apply today to join the #YRDSB team! Details: ow.ly/xAVl30dMrn7 #EducationalAssistant #EA 3 days ago
- Youth Innovation by Design Students working with robotics and putting their passions to the test! #innovation… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Rediscover your inner child at the #YRDSBQuest Playground & explore well-being in a hands on environment! Register:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
- Have your voice heard and help make Ontario #accessible for everyone! twitter.com/ONeducation/st… 3 days ago
- RT @TRCAarchaeology: With drier units it's back to business excavating units, tallying artifacts and paperwork! #BAFS40 #boydfs #archaeolog… 3 days ago
- Worried about your child's moods or behaviours? Talk to them. Access resources that can help at ow.ly/AKoz308EdHA 4 days ago
- RT @DungeyTod: @BlueWillowPS BBFK Prnt Session - Supporting parents with their child's transition in2 JK in Sept @YRDSB #summerlearning htt… 4 days ago
- We are pleased to announce that the amazing @CarolCampbell4 will be joining us again at #YRDSBQuest 2017! Register… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
November 11, 2016Posted by on
November has arrived and with it, parent teacher interviews. Soon, your child’s progress report will come home. In this progress report, you will receive anecdotal comments about your child’s learning thus far. The purpose of this report card is to communicate the progress that your child has been making since the beginning of the school year. This report is not an evaluation of your child’s achievement. This goes along with the interview in November. It is important that teachers and parents meet to discuss student learning so far and how we can ensure that each student is set up to achieve success in their program of study. In January, a more detailed 4 page report card will come home that speaks to your child’s achievement for the first half of the school year. Please ensure that you fill in your interview request form and return it to the school no later than November 14.
We would like to welcome Ms. Bibb to LJPS. Ms. Bibb will be with us in the grade 5 class until December as Mrs. Kowitz is off due to illness.
We look forward to having everyone at our DRUMFIT evening on Thursday November 10. Our Parent Council has planned a very engaging evening as well as a workshop during the day that involves every student. Our Council has been very busy since September—our Pizza and pasta lunch programs have started and our LJPS Spirit Wear has now been ordered. In addition, the Council has dedicated money to new athletic team uniforms. And a free bus for each grade for school trips. We have a very involved and committed group of parents at LJPS and our students benefit because of this. Our Student Leadership team has also been very busy planning events for the school community. Over 175 students attended our Halloween Haunt last month. Information will soon be sent home about our Holiday Vendors’ Market and Santa’s Workshop event.
We look forward to seeing everyone at LJPS.
Comments are closed.