- RT @Ms_Karnad: Hey @WOWYorkRegion just reiterated the meaningful conference you’ve planned for May with @CedarwoodPS Leadership Team @YRDSB… 12 hours ago
- ICYMI: There's still time to register for #YRDSBOurVoice2018? Don't miss your chance to have your student voice hea… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- Yesterday we had the pleasure of honouring teachers from across our system for for their outstanding service as edu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #YRDSB this weekend we celebrate #EarthDay2018! Even though we wont be in the classroom you can still do your part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- RT @becky_green_e: Incredible night at Hartman PS celebrating 10 years! What a show - singing, mass choir, instrumental, Bollywood dance an… 18 hours ago
- Way to go @WRPS_YRDSB! twitter.com/YorkRegionGovt… 1 day ago
- Calling all secondary #YRDSB students! Have you registered for #YRDSBOurVoice2018 yet? There's still time! Don't mi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- ICYMI: Yesterday our students engaged with the Workforce Planning Board of YR, artists, @TownofNewmarket represent… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- A huge thank you to everyone who attended our first #YRDSBTownHall last night! We had an amazing turnout with over… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @pines_ps: Amazing night at SPIFF. Silver Pines came together to put on an inspirational night. Our after party games like the gender to… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
November 11, 2016Posted by on
November has arrived and with it, parent teacher interviews. Soon, your child’s progress report will come home. In this progress report, you will receive anecdotal comments about your child’s learning thus far. The purpose of this report card is to communicate the progress that your child has been making since the beginning of the school year. This report is not an evaluation of your child’s achievement. This goes along with the interview in November. It is important that teachers and parents meet to discuss student learning so far and how we can ensure that each student is set up to achieve success in their program of study. In January, a more detailed 4 page report card will come home that speaks to your child’s achievement for the first half of the school year. Please ensure that you fill in your interview request form and return it to the school no later than November 14.
We would like to welcome Ms. Bibb to LJPS. Ms. Bibb will be with us in the grade 5 class until December as Mrs. Kowitz is off due to illness.
We look forward to having everyone at our DRUMFIT evening on Thursday November 10. Our Parent Council has planned a very engaging evening as well as a workshop during the day that involves every student. Our Council has been very busy since September—our Pizza and pasta lunch programs have started and our LJPS Spirit Wear has now been ordered. In addition, the Council has dedicated money to new athletic team uniforms. And a free bus for each grade for school trips. We have a very involved and committed group of parents at LJPS and our students benefit because of this. Our Student Leadership team has also been very busy planning events for the school community. Over 175 students attended our Halloween Haunt last month. Information will soon be sent home about our Holiday Vendors’ Market and Santa’s Workshop event.
We look forward to seeing everyone at LJPS.
Comments are closed.