- RT @iclarkeyclarke: Walked into @YRDSB CLL and greeted by a wall of inspiration....#educhat #education #leadership #artsed https://t.co/cBp… 4 hours ago
- REMINDER - Friday, October 20 is a #PA day for #YRDSB elementary and secondary schools. 7 hours ago
- TONIGHT - #YRDSB Board Standing Committee meeting. Oct 17 at 7:00PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/nHxb30fWaQC https://t.co/Vyg6XovoaU 8 hours ago
- Have a great idea for an article on student well-being? Make a submission to the #YRDSBQuest Journal by Nov 10 !… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- Today is the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Together we can create peaceful and inclusive societies. @UN #EndPoverty 10 hours ago
- Time for #TextbookTuesday! Check out this high school book-keeping text from 1890 with the latest & greatest accoun… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- October is Child Abuse Prevention Month! Let’s work together to keep kids safe & wear purple on Oct 24 to show your… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Time for a #SchoolBusSafetyWeek tip! Remind your children to look both ways before they step off the bus. #STOPONRED https://t.co/xL6CO39lJi 1 day ago
- It's Waste Reduction Week! Show us how you're eliminating waste & join in the conversation with #WasteReductionWeek… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @yrdsbinclusion: Excited to launch our @yrdsbinclusion Twitter account. Follow us and join our learning journey. #yrdsb #equity #ontedeq… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
November 11, 2016Posted by on
November has arrived and with it, parent teacher interviews. Soon, your child’s progress report will come home. In this progress report, you will receive anecdotal comments about your child’s learning thus far. The purpose of this report card is to communicate the progress that your child has been making since the beginning of the school year. This report is not an evaluation of your child’s achievement. This goes along with the interview in November. It is important that teachers and parents meet to discuss student learning so far and how we can ensure that each student is set up to achieve success in their program of study. In January, a more detailed 4 page report card will come home that speaks to your child’s achievement for the first half of the school year. Please ensure that you fill in your interview request form and return it to the school no later than November 14.
We would like to welcome Ms. Bibb to LJPS. Ms. Bibb will be with us in the grade 5 class until December as Mrs. Kowitz is off due to illness.
We look forward to having everyone at our DRUMFIT evening on Thursday November 10. Our Parent Council has planned a very engaging evening as well as a workshop during the day that involves every student. Our Council has been very busy since September—our Pizza and pasta lunch programs have started and our LJPS Spirit Wear has now been ordered. In addition, the Council has dedicated money to new athletic team uniforms. And a free bus for each grade for school trips. We have a very involved and committed group of parents at LJPS and our students benefit because of this. Our Student Leadership team has also been very busy planning events for the school community. Over 175 students attended our Halloween Haunt last month. Information will soon be sent home about our Holiday Vendors’ Market and Santa’s Workshop event.
We look forward to seeing everyone at LJPS.
Comments are closed.