- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 19 minutes ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 51 minutes ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 3 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 20 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBEarlyYears: YRDSB Early Years and ESL Teams are excited to share a new resource for families of children in Kindergarten. "Talking… 23 hours ago
- Here's a sneak peek behind the scenes with our new Director @LouiseSirisko . Stay tuned for the feature presentatio… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Do you know a school team doing amazing work to foster a safe, inclusive and accepting school environment? Nominate… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Feeling the stress of exams? Did you know that if you study for a test in small chunks, you'll be more likely to re… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
November 11, 2016Posted by on
November has arrived and with it, parent teacher interviews. Soon, your child’s progress report will come home. In this progress report, you will receive anecdotal comments about your child’s learning thus far. The purpose of this report card is to communicate the progress that your child has been making since the beginning of the school year. This report is not an evaluation of your child’s achievement. This goes along with the interview in November. It is important that teachers and parents meet to discuss student learning so far and how we can ensure that each student is set up to achieve success in their program of study. In January, a more detailed 4 page report card will come home that speaks to your child’s achievement for the first half of the school year. Please ensure that you fill in your interview request form and return it to the school no later than November 14.
We would like to welcome Ms. Bibb to LJPS. Ms. Bibb will be with us in the grade 5 class until December as Mrs. Kowitz is off due to illness.
We look forward to having everyone at our DRUMFIT evening on Thursday November 10. Our Parent Council has planned a very engaging evening as well as a workshop during the day that involves every student. Our Council has been very busy since September—our Pizza and pasta lunch programs have started and our LJPS Spirit Wear has now been ordered. In addition, the Council has dedicated money to new athletic team uniforms. And a free bus for each grade for school trips. We have a very involved and committed group of parents at LJPS and our students benefit because of this. Our Student Leadership team has also been very busy planning events for the school community. Over 175 students attended our Halloween Haunt last month. Information will soon be sent home about our Holiday Vendors’ Market and Santa’s Workshop event.
We look forward to seeing everyone at LJPS.
Comments are closed.