- RT @ONThealth: It's not too late to make healthy goals for 2018! Check out these healthy #NewYear resolutions from @ParticipACTION (English… 2 hours ago
- Kindergarten registration is officially open! Learn more about the process or register your child today! Don't forg… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 hours ago
- Walking through Plant Services, Louise met a friend who is also in their first week at the Board. Thanks for showin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Last stop of the day, but definitely not the least is our Plant Services team! The staff that work behind scenes to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 hours ago
- Louise is wrapping up at CLL and getting ready to head over to our Plant Services building! https://t.co/hewoW20u0m 6 hours ago
- Louise is working her way through CLL meeting curriculum consultants, admin assistants, administrators and all the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- The tour continues! Louise stopped in to an EA Professional Development session at our Centre for Leadership and Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 6 hours ago
- Our new Director Louise Sirisko is out visiting Board sites today and getting to know the staff behind the scenes!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Great participation @MillikenMHS for the @YRDSB anti-Black racism consultation forum @YRDSBCECEast https://t.co/Gfwcgx8QZA 9 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Congrats @FossilHillPS @MapleCreekPS @MorningGloryPS & @WilshireES on receiving the 2018 #IGNITETechGrant Elementary Awards!… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: AEDs
December 5, 2013Posted by on
Across our school board we are working with the Heart and Stroke Foundation to install Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs) in our schools.
AEDs enable more people to respond to a medical emergency that requires defibrillation. Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is one of the leading causes of death in North America. In Canada, up to 40,000 people suffer SCA every year. A significant proportion of these cases occur in otherwise healthy, young individuals. SCA occurs when the electrical pathway that controls heart rhythm becomes disturbed and enters a chaotic electrical activity.
Before the AED is installed we need 10 individuals trained on how to use an AED. In addition to our school staff, this training is available to parents of our community who are interested. The training will occur in the evening hours and is a 3 hour time commitment.
If you are interested in receiving the training, or would like more information, please contact Mr. Collins or Ms Bongard 905-893-2829 ext 154/153