- A final thanks and goodbye from Interim Director, Kathryn Wallace & Elder Laureen Blu Waters! A huge thanks goes ou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- @ThatHannahAlper asks all the educators in the room to take a pledge to do everything in their power to end bullyi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- RT @ontteacher01: One thing that resonated with me at #YRDSBQuest was the power of saying YES from @ThatHannahAlper . What resonated with y… 15 hours ago
- RT @AnetaFishman: “As educators how will we create a supportive environment?” @RashmiSwarup reflects on the power student voice and the imp… 15 hours ago
- "It behooves us to remove negative environments and build promise for students and community." Patrick Case https://t.co/QLHgNluvRn 15 hours ago
- RT @andreahaefele: Packed house @yrdsbHighgatePS #Wellbeing #YRDSBQuest w/ Performance + @BeharryRashma & I #HSCertES @YRDSB https://t.co/J… 15 hours ago
- RT @CarolCampbell4: .@Anniekidder discussing need for coherence & integration among competences & #Wellbeing #YRDSBQuest @yrdsb https://t.c… 16 hours ago
- RT @CarolCampbell4: Absolutely delighted to welcome @ThatHannahAlper back to #YRDSBQuest It has been a #MomentUS year from Hannah, looking… 16 hours ago
- @Anniekidder is back on the #YRDSBQuest stage and is talking about demigods and doing more! https://t.co/haublViCnA 16 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Loving this Ephemeral Nature Art by students at @TDSS_YRDSB #YRDSBQuest https://t.co/2NgiGqBgro 16 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: AEDs
December 5, 2013Posted by on
Across our school board we are working with the Heart and Stroke Foundation to install Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs) in our schools.
AEDs enable more people to respond to a medical emergency that requires defibrillation. Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is one of the leading causes of death in North America. In Canada, up to 40,000 people suffer SCA every year. A significant proportion of these cases occur in otherwise healthy, young individuals. SCA occurs when the electrical pathway that controls heart rhythm becomes disturbed and enters a chaotic electrical activity.
Before the AED is installed we need 10 individuals trained on how to use an AED. In addition to our school staff, this training is available to parents of our community who are interested. The training will occur in the evening hours and is a 3 hour time commitment.
If you are interested in receiving the training, or would like more information, please contact Mr. Collins or Ms Bongard 905-893-2829 ext 154/153