- ICYMI: The summer hours for 2017-18 school registration are now available on the Board website. Details: ow.ly/mqxL30cJX4d 30 minutes ago
- The unofficial vote tally from the June 23 #Georgina by-election is now available on the Town of Georgina website. ow.ly/D1OH30cTxNO 1 hour ago
- Have you applied for the Student Trustee Innovation grant? There's still time! Get your applications in by June 28. ow.ly/eeZg30cOqZ4 2 hours ago
- To all those who celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr, we wish you and your families a very happy celebration. ow.ly/Lci6301YAcO #EidMubarak 17 hours ago
- #YRDSB Graduation ceremony to be held for students of Adult Day School, PSW program and iGrad. Details: ow.ly/u3Xx30cQDga 2 days ago
- Flags at #YRDSB buildings are being flown at half-mast today - June 23 - to mark the National Day of Remembrance for Victims of Terrorism. 2 days ago
- The unofficial results of the #Georgina Trustee by-election will be available on the evening of June 23, 2017 at ow.ly/ZeX630cOMRp 2 days ago
- Please read the latest message from our Interim Director of Education, Kathryn Wallace. ow.ly/ZCWn30cQmeY 2 days ago
- RT @CBC: A guide to taking your family to a powwow for the first time cbc.ca/parents/learni… https://t.co/WrOMhBqXH3 3 days ago
- Today is Voting Day for the by-election to fill the #Georgina Trustee vacancy. Find your local polling station here… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: AEDs
December 5, 2013Posted by on
Across our school board we are working with the Heart and Stroke Foundation to install Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs) in our schools.
AEDs enable more people to respond to a medical emergency that requires defibrillation. Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is one of the leading causes of death in North America. In Canada, up to 40,000 people suffer SCA every year. A significant proportion of these cases occur in otherwise healthy, young individuals. SCA occurs when the electrical pathway that controls heart rhythm becomes disturbed and enters a chaotic electrical activity.
Before the AED is installed we need 10 individuals trained on how to use an AED. In addition to our school staff, this training is available to parents of our community who are interested. The training will occur in the evening hours and is a 3 hour time commitment.
If you are interested in receiving the training, or would like more information, please contact Mr. Collins or Ms Bongard 905-893-2829 ext 154/153