- Registration for Adult Day School Quad 1 is on August 27th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm at Dr. Bette Stephenson Centre f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- Welcome to all our international students! We hope you have an amazing school year! twitter.com/YRDSB_IES/stat… 15 hours ago
- This year the #YRDSBQuest conference is pleased offer sponsorship opportunities! Interested in engaging with over 1… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @oneofeach74 Hello, can you send us a DM with details so we can help? Thank you. 4 days ago
- Go check out this amazing project! twitter.com/cityofmarkham/… 4 days ago
- The 2018-19 Guide To The School Year is now available online! Check out this year's guide and get prepped to head b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- @rntt1 Hello, all the information regarding course offerings are under the menu items on the left side of the page… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Interested in becoming a Personal Support Worker? Registration for the full-time fall #PSW program opens August 28.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @mfrank_76: #congratulations @Kauldergrove on being recipient 2017-18 @ETFOeducators #NewMemberAward - A deeply dedicated & enthusiastic… 6 days ago
- The staff at the #YRDSBMuseum are gearing up to welcome back our students! T-Minus 21 days and counting!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: Character Education
January 8, 2014Posted by on
We are grateful to our staff for their work in our classrooms each day. We are also thankful when staff volunteer to provide opportunities outside of the instructional day. Currently, there are many additional opportunities for your children to be involved in, including:
– Primary soccer intramurals that take place Mondays at lunch.
– Junior boys and girls volleyball teams.
– Intermediate floor hockey intramurals that run Wednesdays and Fridays.
– Homework club for junior and intermediate students taking place on Wednesdays.
– Extra help sessions run by teachers at recesses or during the lunch hour
– Our School Eco Team runs each day at lunch.
– Our school Positive Climates for Learning committee meets a few times a month.
– We have junior helpers for our primary classrooms at lunch and for our Learning Commons.
– Our school Sign Language club runs weekly for all grades.
– A social skills leadership team run by our Educational Assistants and CYWs.
– An intermediate Girls’ Group runs Thursdays at lunch.
– Our Healthy Snack program includes student helpers.
– We have a student blog team that meets weekly.
– Intermediate Student Council meets monthly.
We again thank the staff for their time and effort organizing and running these varied opportunities.
We also want to thank the students for their enthusiasm, initiative and commitment towards these opportunities.
If your child has not yet become involved please talk with them about trying something special and fun at our school.
Mr. Collins & Ms. Bongard
September 20, 2013Posted by on
We have now completed our first three weeks of the school year and already have much to celebrate.
Last night, we had several parents and staff members attend our school council meeting. We discussed our common work and goals as a school. Please see the handout of a presentation Ms Bongard and myself shared last night. I am pleased to announce the elected members of council to formal roles as follows:
Co-Chairs – Ms. Ubriaco and Ms. Smith
Treasurer – Ms. Mattei
Co Secretaries – Ms Stanley and TBD
Our future meetings will be: October 22,2013, November 21, 2013, January 14, 2014, February 20, 2014, April 22, 2014 and May 29, 2014. While our council has elected members on it, all parents are welcome to attend any or all of our council meetings. We look forward to seeing you there.
There are also a number of voting members on the team who are assisting with different committees such as fundraising. Together, the council will work with our school to support our School Improvement Plan.
Last night we also had the opportunity to celebrate some of our initial successes as a school, including:
– Starting our classroom programs and instruction for all of our students
– Sharing a redesigned Learning Commons
– Starting several extra curricular opportunities such as our Cross Country Team, The sign language club, library and office helpers, the student Tech Team, our Eco team and our Positive Climates for Learning Committee.
Today, we also completed our annual Terry Fox Walk to raise money for cancer research. What a wonderful feel there was in the air. Today was extra special when we met up with Elder’s Mills P.S and walked together.
We wish everyone the best for the weekend. A reminder that Monday September 23, 2013 is a P.A day where staff will be working collaboratively but there is no school for students that day.
Three short weeks…
….just think of where we’ll be in three months.