- A final thanks and goodbye from Interim Director, Kathryn Wallace & Elder Laureen Blu Waters! A huge thanks goes ou… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- @ThatHannahAlper asks all the educators in the room to take a pledge to do everything in their power to end bullyi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- RT @ontteacher01: One thing that resonated with me at #YRDSBQuest was the power of saying YES from @ThatHannahAlper . What resonated with y… 15 hours ago
- RT @AnetaFishman: “As educators how will we create a supportive environment?” @RashmiSwarup reflects on the power student voice and the imp… 15 hours ago
- "It behooves us to remove negative environments and build promise for students and community." Patrick Case https://t.co/QLHgNluvRn 15 hours ago
- RT @andreahaefele: Packed house @yrdsbHighgatePS #Wellbeing #YRDSBQuest w/ Performance + @BeharryRashma & I #HSCertES @YRDSB https://t.co/J… 15 hours ago
- RT @CarolCampbell4: .@Anniekidder discussing need for coherence & integration among competences & #Wellbeing #YRDSBQuest @yrdsb https://t.c… 16 hours ago
- RT @CarolCampbell4: Absolutely delighted to welcome @ThatHannahAlper back to #YRDSBQuest It has been a #MomentUS year from Hannah, looking… 16 hours ago
- @Anniekidder is back on the #YRDSBQuest stage and is talking about demigods and doing more! https://t.co/haublViCnA 16 hours ago
- RT @Thomasci: Loving this Ephemeral Nature Art by students at @TDSS_YRDSB #YRDSBQuest https://t.co/2NgiGqBgro 16 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: Elder’s Mills’ Transition
May 15, 2014Posted by on
To our community,
We thank our partner school Elder’s Mills PS for their invitation to their BBQ event.
Please RSVP via the attached flyer.
October 22, 2013Posted by on
We appreciate our partner school Elder’s Mills Public School extending an invitation to our parent community to an upcoming workshop on Creating Relationships Not Bullies
If you are interested in attending, please complete the RSVP and drop off at either our school or Elder’s Mills.
October 11, 2013Posted by on
As the Thanksgiving long weekend approaches, we have much to be thankful for at our school. Now is a perfect time to take a moment to look back at the last six weeks and give thanks for:
- Elder’s Mills students and families joining our team – what a great transition is has been.
- Our staff for their fine work launching our school year.
- Our students who have brought excitement, initiative, positive attitudes, spirit and focus to our school this year.
- New staff including teachers, special education assistants, child and youth workers, lunch supervisors and our new vice-principal!
- Our Terry Fox Walk in conjunction with Elder’s Mills P.S
- The newly elected school council and their commitment to our school.
- classroom programs up and running and showcasing a variety of talents, skills and strengths
- opportunities above and beyond the classroom that enrich our students’ lives including: Cross Country, the Sign language club, lunchtime and office helpers, the student tech team, the Girls’ Volleyball team, our Eco-Team, our positive climates for learning committee, and our school book fair. We thank our staff for giving their time to make these opportunities happen.
- A wonderful Meet the Staff event
- The launch of our school touchstone
At the beginning of the school year, I wrote about our story. It is magical to watch that story unfold.
Will there be more celebrations?
Be sure to join us for our Good News Assemblies; we think you’ll be impressed.
And finally, there is one last person to be thankful for: you. To our readers, parents and guardians who support our students and support the work we do with them, we thank you. We appreciate your partnership with us. It is a honour for us to work with all of you and your children each day; we are indeed thankful for that opportunity.
On behalf of all of school, we wish you and your family the very best for this long weekend. Please take time to be with friends and family.
Take time to give thanks for what is important for you.