- ICYMI: The summer hours for 2017-18 school registration are now available on the Board website. Details: ow.ly/mqxL30cJX4d 29 minutes ago
- The unofficial vote tally from the June 23 #Georgina by-election is now available on the Town of Georgina website. ow.ly/D1OH30cTxNO 1 hour ago
- Have you applied for the Student Trustee Innovation grant? There's still time! Get your applications in by June 28. ow.ly/eeZg30cOqZ4 2 hours ago
- To all those who celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr, we wish you and your families a very happy celebration. ow.ly/Lci6301YAcO #EidMubarak 17 hours ago
- #YRDSB Graduation ceremony to be held for students of Adult Day School, PSW program and iGrad. Details: ow.ly/u3Xx30cQDga 2 days ago
- Flags at #YRDSB buildings are being flown at half-mast today - June 23 - to mark the National Day of Remembrance for Victims of Terrorism. 2 days ago
- The unofficial results of the #Georgina Trustee by-election will be available on the evening of June 23, 2017 at ow.ly/ZeX630cOMRp 2 days ago
- Please read the latest message from our Interim Director of Education, Kathryn Wallace. ow.ly/ZCWn30cQmeY 2 days ago
- RT @CBC: A guide to taking your family to a powwow for the first time cbc.ca/parents/learni… https://t.co/WrOMhBqXH3 3 days ago
- Today is Voting Day for the by-election to fill the #Georgina Trustee vacancy. Find your local polling station here… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: Elder’s Mills’ Transition
May 15, 2014Posted by on
To our community,
We thank our partner school Elder’s Mills PS for their invitation to their BBQ event.
Please RSVP via the attached flyer.
October 22, 2013Posted by on
We appreciate our partner school Elder’s Mills Public School extending an invitation to our parent community to an upcoming workshop on Creating Relationships Not Bullies
If you are interested in attending, please complete the RSVP and drop off at either our school or Elder’s Mills.
October 11, 2013Posted by on
As the Thanksgiving long weekend approaches, we have much to be thankful for at our school. Now is a perfect time to take a moment to look back at the last six weeks and give thanks for:
- Elder’s Mills students and families joining our team – what a great transition is has been.
- Our staff for their fine work launching our school year.
- Our students who have brought excitement, initiative, positive attitudes, spirit and focus to our school this year.
- New staff including teachers, special education assistants, child and youth workers, lunch supervisors and our new vice-principal!
- Our Terry Fox Walk in conjunction with Elder’s Mills P.S
- The newly elected school council and their commitment to our school.
- classroom programs up and running and showcasing a variety of talents, skills and strengths
- opportunities above and beyond the classroom that enrich our students’ lives including: Cross Country, the Sign language club, lunchtime and office helpers, the student tech team, the Girls’ Volleyball team, our Eco-Team, our positive climates for learning committee, and our school book fair. We thank our staff for giving their time to make these opportunities happen.
- A wonderful Meet the Staff event
- The launch of our school touchstone
At the beginning of the school year, I wrote about our story. It is magical to watch that story unfold.
Will there be more celebrations?
Be sure to join us for our Good News Assemblies; we think you’ll be impressed.
And finally, there is one last person to be thankful for: you. To our readers, parents and guardians who support our students and support the work we do with them, we thank you. We appreciate your partnership with us. It is a honour for us to work with all of you and your children each day; we are indeed thankful for that opportunity.
On behalf of all of school, we wish you and your family the very best for this long weekend. Please take time to be with friends and family.
Take time to give thanks for what is important for you.