- We can't wait to see it! twitter.com/Shieldinit/sta… 1 hour ago
- REMINDER - Thursday, June 27 is a PA for secondary schools and Friday, June 28 is a PA day for all elementary schoo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- RT @CecilRoachSO: Proud to represent @YRDSB ‘s @yrdsbinclusion dept. who partnered with the Canadian Tamil Medical Association to have this… 5 hours ago
- It's the last week of school!!! Wishing every one of our students and staff a great last week of the 2018-19 school… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- Students and staff @RomeoDallairePS had a special visit from The White Pine Dancers who shared the gift of dance st… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @LJWargo: Our very own @charlottexadele Thank you for supporting our indigenous learning this year! @trudeauhs @YRDSB #NationalIndigenou… 2 days ago
- RT @CecilRoachSO: As we celebrate the cultural diversity of indigenous peoples on #NationalIndigenousPeoplesDay let’s commit to changing th… 2 days ago
- RT @PlayInPrimaryEd: We were so fortunate to have three generations of powerful indigenous women share an important story in celebration of… 3 days ago
- As we continue our celebration of #IndigenousPeoplesDay we're reflecting on the importance of knowledge. Meet Charl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- HAPPENING NOW: Congratulations to our very own Principal Pike from @BlackWalnutPS who just recieved the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: French as a Second Language
January 7, 2014Posted by on
This is a reminder to parents of our SK students of the French Immersion Information evening at Elder’s Mills P.S on January 16, 2014 at 7 p.m.
Please see more information in our previous blog post: French Immersion Registration information.
If you do decide to enroll your child in French Immersion for September please let our office know once your application is submitted.
December 2, 2013Posted by on
We thank our partner school Elders Mills P.S for the following information on French Immersion:
Information sessions for the French Immersion (FI) program will take place at Elder’s Mills PS on January 16,
2014 at 7 p.m. FI registration will begin January 17, 2014.
In order to streamline the registration process, parents or guardians of Senior Kindergarten students entering Grade 1 in 2014, and wishing to enroll in the FI Program, can visit or call the school office and request an Office Index Card – short version. The Office Index Card must be signed by the Principal of the home school. Parents or guardians then take this form, along with one piece of identification showing their address, to Elder’s Mills to register between January 17 and February 14, 2014. This eliminates the need to provide duplicate enrollment information or to pre-register.
February 7, 2013Posted by on
Please see the following information from our board:
French as a Second Language Programs
Recommendations based on YRDSB’s French as a Second Language (FSL) review are being implemented to allow YRDSB to continue to offer its total early FI program while also accommodating the growing number of students who wish to participate. These recommendations will also enable our Board to strengthen its Core French program to provide more active and authentic learning. One of the recommendations was to establish consistency among elementary FI schools in terms of the hours of French instruction and the subjects taught in French. Regardless of where students attend a YRDSB French Immersion program, they will have access to the same number of hours of French instruction. All subjects will be offered in French in Grades 1 to 3. Starting in Grade 4, English will be introduced as a subject, math will be taught in English and a portion of the Physical Education, Health and Arts subjects will also be taught in English. Starting in Grade 6, the program will be shared equally between French and English instruction. We’ve also developed an accommodation plan to ensure we can continue to welcome all students who wish to enrol in the French Immersion program and provide long-term consistency and equity of access to all students in York Region. Implementing the recommendations from our FSL review will allow YRDSB to continue to offer high quality, sustainable FSL programs throughout the Board.