- RT @ONeducation: More Children Now Have Access to Before- And After-School Care news.ontario.ca/m/46278 https://t.co/XvAGWByk2j 12 hours ago
- Join us for a Coffee Chat with your local Trustee & Board Chair! First chat in #Georgina @KeswickHS on Sept 27 @ 7P… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Next week is #SafetyWeek at #YRDSB and we want to see how our schools are staying safe! Share your activities with… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- RT @TLPCanada: Happy #InternationalDayOfPeace! Let's spread the love, respect and kindness today, tomorrow and every day. https://t.co/lRIn… 15 hours ago
- Next week #YRDSB will be celebrating #AllyWeek! Learn more about how you can be an Ally & join in the conversation… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- October 4 is #InternationalWalkToSchool day! Lace up your shoes, get active and enjoy a beautiful walk! Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- RT @BarbaraReidPS: #FramingFutures Whole school at #TerryFox kick-off assembly preparing for our run next week! @barbreidart @YRDSB https:/… 19 hours ago
- #YRDSB secondary students outperform provincial average in province-wide testing. Details: ow.ly/29GX30fj2kH 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #RoshHashanah, we wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- #YRDSB elementary students continue EQAO success by exceeding provincial averages. Details: ow.ly/E7rA30fiYzo 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: French as a Second Language
January 7, 2014Posted by on
This is a reminder to parents of our SK students of the French Immersion Information evening at Elder’s Mills P.S on January 16, 2014 at 7 p.m.
Please see more information in our previous blog post: French Immersion Registration information.
If you do decide to enroll your child in French Immersion for September please let our office know once your application is submitted.
December 2, 2013Posted by on
We thank our partner school Elders Mills P.S for the following information on French Immersion:
Information sessions for the French Immersion (FI) program will take place at Elder’s Mills PS on January 16,
2014 at 7 p.m. FI registration will begin January 17, 2014.
In order to streamline the registration process, parents or guardians of Senior Kindergarten students entering Grade 1 in 2014, and wishing to enroll in the FI Program, can visit or call the school office and request an Office Index Card – short version. The Office Index Card must be signed by the Principal of the home school. Parents or guardians then take this form, along with one piece of identification showing their address, to Elder’s Mills to register between January 17 and February 14, 2014. This eliminates the need to provide duplicate enrollment information or to pre-register.
February 7, 2013Posted by on
Please see the following information from our board:
French as a Second Language Programs
Recommendations based on YRDSB’s French as a Second Language (FSL) review are being implemented to allow YRDSB to continue to offer its total early FI program while also accommodating the growing number of students who wish to participate. These recommendations will also enable our Board to strengthen its Core French program to provide more active and authentic learning. One of the recommendations was to establish consistency among elementary FI schools in terms of the hours of French instruction and the subjects taught in French. Regardless of where students attend a YRDSB French Immersion program, they will have access to the same number of hours of French instruction. All subjects will be offered in French in Grades 1 to 3. Starting in Grade 4, English will be introduced as a subject, math will be taught in English and a portion of the Physical Education, Health and Arts subjects will also be taught in English. Starting in Grade 6, the program will be shared equally between French and English instruction. We’ve also developed an accommodation plan to ensure we can continue to welcome all students who wish to enrol in the French Immersion program and provide long-term consistency and equity of access to all students in York Region. Implementing the recommendations from our FSL review will allow YRDSB to continue to offer high quality, sustainable FSL programs throughout the Board.