- RT @ONeducation: More Children Now Have Access to Before- And After-School Care news.ontario.ca/m/46278 https://t.co/XvAGWByk2j 12 hours ago
- Join us for a Coffee Chat with your local Trustee & Board Chair! First chat in #Georgina @KeswickHS on Sept 27 @ 7P… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Next week is #SafetyWeek at #YRDSB and we want to see how our schools are staying safe! Share your activities with… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- RT @TLPCanada: Happy #InternationalDayOfPeace! Let's spread the love, respect and kindness today, tomorrow and every day. https://t.co/lRIn… 15 hours ago
- Next week #YRDSB will be celebrating #AllyWeek! Learn more about how you can be an Ally & join in the conversation… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- October 4 is #InternationalWalkToSchool day! Lace up your shoes, get active and enjoy a beautiful walk! Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- RT @BarbaraReidPS: #FramingFutures Whole school at #TerryFox kick-off assembly preparing for our run next week! @barbreidart @YRDSB https:/… 19 hours ago
- #YRDSB secondary students outperform provincial average in province-wide testing. Details: ow.ly/29GX30fj2kH 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #RoshHashanah, we wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- #YRDSB elementary students continue EQAO success by exceeding provincial averages. Details: ow.ly/E7rA30fiYzo 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: Healthy Living Choices
January 8, 2014Posted by on
We are grateful to our staff for their work in our classrooms each day. We are also thankful when staff volunteer to provide opportunities outside of the instructional day. Currently, there are many additional opportunities for your children to be involved in, including:
– Primary soccer intramurals that take place Mondays at lunch.
– Junior boys and girls volleyball teams.
– Intermediate floor hockey intramurals that run Wednesdays and Fridays.
– Homework club for junior and intermediate students taking place on Wednesdays.
– Extra help sessions run by teachers at recesses or during the lunch hour
– Our School Eco Team runs each day at lunch.
– Our school Positive Climates for Learning committee meets a few times a month.
– We have junior helpers for our primary classrooms at lunch and for our Learning Commons.
– Our school Sign Language club runs weekly for all grades.
– A social skills leadership team run by our Educational Assistants and CYWs.
– An intermediate Girls’ Group runs Thursdays at lunch.
– Our Healthy Snack program includes student helpers.
– We have a student blog team that meets weekly.
– Intermediate Student Council meets monthly.
We again thank the staff for their time and effort organizing and running these varied opportunities.
We also want to thank the students for their enthusiasm, initiative and commitment towards these opportunities.
If your child has not yet become involved please talk with them about trying something special and fun at our school.
Mr. Collins & Ms. Bongard
December 9, 2013Posted by on
Our school’s healthy snack program has been up and running for several weeks now and we thank our staff & students who have organised it. Now, we would like to share a resource for your family called Serve It Up! This is an online, and interactive, recipe book that you can use as a family. All of the recipes comply with the nutrition standards in Ontario’s School Food and Beverage Policy. The upcoming Winter Break is a great time for your family to try some new recipes together. Cooking is a wonderful way to connect as a family, promote both literacy and numeracy and foster healthy living choices. We hope this Ministry of Education Resource is helpful for you and your family.
November 5, 2013Posted by on
We’re excited to announce the return of our school’s Healthy Snack Program. We were pleased with last year’s results and are grateful to the team of staff members – Ms Kim, Ms Massaro, Ms McKenzie, Ms Worrall and Ms Aternino – who have helped planned this year’s program. This is a free, universal program open to any student who chooses to participate. All items provided align to the Healthy Food Guidelines developed by the Ministry of Education. We are aiming to launch the program next Wednesday November 13, 2013.
When: Wednesday mornings at 10:25 a.m. (morning snack recess).
What: The foods will be ordered based on the Ministry Healthy Food guidelines. The program provides healthy snacks to students.
Our focus for November will be apples and fruits.
If you would prefer that your child not participate please let your child’s teacher know.