- RT @TowanaBrooks: Gratitude to @Giidaakunadaad1 for challenging educators to think critically about Canada’s truth in the history of Coloni… 1 hour ago
- RT @UNHumanRights: Every #HumanRights leader had dreams for a better world. They made their dreams possible. You can too. “It always seem… 18 hours ago
- Congratulations to Marta from @glenshieldsps who won two gold medals and one silver medal as she represented Canada… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- RT @HistoricaCanada: #OTD in 1948 the @UN adopted the universal declaration of human rights. John Humphrey, a lawyer from Montréal, was a p… 19 hours ago
- RT @ONeducation: It’s not too late to have your say on Ontario’s education system! Share your thoughts with us today: https://t.co/IYHUoS… 20 hours ago
- RT @yrdsb_skills: Registration for space requests for our YRSC events opens tomorrow- December 10th at 9am! #YRSC2019 @YRDSB https://t.co/… 21 hours ago
- An amazing #Broadway calibre performance from such an incredibly talented group of students! @AMHS_Music… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- TOMORROW - #YRDSB Board Meeting. December 11, 2018 at 7:30PM. Agenda available at: ow.ly/7kHb30mVDHK https://t.co/q72hu7lqUW 23 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBDirector: “To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.” – Nelson Mandela #InternationalHumanRightsDay #… 1 day ago
- Good morning #YRDSB! A little #MondayMotivation for everyone to kick off the week! https://t.co/400EQab79Y 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: Positive Climates for learning
May 6, 2014Posted by on
Here’s an update from a new student initiated club at our school:
The Endangered Species Club is working on a big fundraiser project to save animals. All the money raised will go towards Earth Rangers and will help save/protect these following animals: the Beluga Whale, the Western Bumblebee, the Barn Swallow and the Blandings Turtle
To raise this money, we will be doing a raffle like the dance-a-thon. Basically, we will be raffling some used items (that have been reused), and some brand new prizes. Prizes include books, art supplies, games, stuffed animals, jewelry, and much, much more! Every 50 cents that you donate gets you a raffle ticket, and you can choose your ticket to go towards winning the prize of your choice. Our goal is to raise $200 from May 4th until May 22 and we can’t make this possible without you Lorna Jackson!!
The Endangered Species Club
April 22, 2014Posted by on
Please see the following information from our board:
School Climate Survey for Parents/Guardians
Between May 20 and June 2, we will be inviting parents/guardians to participate in a school climate survey. The surveys provide the Board and our school with valuable information about how you feel about the school environment and your child’s education. The results will be used to identify areas that need to be addressed, monitor progress and plan strategies to support student achievement and well-being. We value parent input and encourage you to complete the survey. The information parents provide will be anonymous, considered confidential and kept in strict accordance with all relevant legislation. Information about how to access the survey will be sent home with students later in May. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
If you would prefer a paper copy of the survey please let our main office know by April 24, 2014.
April 2, 2014Posted by on
It is hard to believe have started the final 3 months of the school year. It seems like just yesterday when we launched the new school year and our school touchstone. In April, we are focusing on how we can “think before we act”. This sentiment is important in all of our work together be it in the classroom, in our hallways, our outside during our recesses. School is about us learning in the academic subjects, but it is also about us learning how to work together. Please take time this month to talk to your child about this aspect of our school touchstone and also to celebrate the moments when your child(ren) demonstrates thinking before acting.