- Registration for Adult Day School Quad 1 is on August 27th from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm at Dr. Bette Stephenson Centre f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 12 hours ago
- Welcome to all our international students! We hope you have an amazing school year! twitter.com/YRDSB_IES/stat… 15 hours ago
- This year the #YRDSBQuest conference is pleased offer sponsorship opportunities! Interested in engaging with over 1… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @oneofeach74 Hello, can you send us a DM with details so we can help? Thank you. 4 days ago
- Go check out this amazing project! twitter.com/cityofmarkham/… 4 days ago
- The 2018-19 Guide To The School Year is now available online! Check out this year's guide and get prepped to head b… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- @rntt1 Hello, all the information regarding course offerings are under the menu items on the left side of the page… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Interested in becoming a Personal Support Worker? Registration for the full-time fall #PSW program opens August 28.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @mfrank_76: #congratulations @Kauldergrove on being recipient 2017-18 @ETFOeducators #NewMemberAward - A deeply dedicated & enthusiastic… 6 days ago
- The staff at the #YRDSBMuseum are gearing up to welcome back our students! T-Minus 21 days and counting!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: Student Well Being
May 13, 2014Posted by on
Tomorrow, our school will have a visited from the Eco Schools’ team from our board. The team will meet with our school’s team of students and teacher leader Ms. Miller. As part of the visit, these students will meet in the library to answer the visitors’ questions. There is then a walk about the school to see some of our work in action.
Stay tuned for feedback from the team.
March 5, 2014Posted by on
Today, we enjoyed another good news assembly.
Here are some highlights:
– We had a grade 1/2 class share a poem on Black History Month and share work they have been doing on a Kindness Quilt Project
– Our intermediate band performed for us all
– We celebrated the hard work of our boys and girls basketball teams
– One of our FDK classes shared a video from their inquiry on oceans
– Our School Eco Team shared a new initiative on Boomerang Lunches and handed out the Golden Recycling Bin
– Our care taking team shared the winner of the Golden Garbage Can Award
– Grade 7s shared some poetry
– Our Student Council celebrated the success of their Cookie Campaign
Another new month, another great assembly.
Good students, good staff, good news.
Mr. Collins & Ms. Bongard
January 8, 2014Posted by on
We are grateful to our staff for their work in our classrooms each day. We are also thankful when staff volunteer to provide opportunities outside of the instructional day. Currently, there are many additional opportunities for your children to be involved in, including:
– Primary soccer intramurals that take place Mondays at lunch.
– Junior boys and girls volleyball teams.
– Intermediate floor hockey intramurals that run Wednesdays and Fridays.
– Homework club for junior and intermediate students taking place on Wednesdays.
– Extra help sessions run by teachers at recesses or during the lunch hour
– Our School Eco Team runs each day at lunch.
– Our school Positive Climates for Learning committee meets a few times a month.
– We have junior helpers for our primary classrooms at lunch and for our Learning Commons.
– Our school Sign Language club runs weekly for all grades.
– A social skills leadership team run by our Educational Assistants and CYWs.
– An intermediate Girls’ Group runs Thursdays at lunch.
– Our Healthy Snack program includes student helpers.
– We have a student blog team that meets weekly.
– Intermediate Student Council meets monthly.
We again thank the staff for their time and effort organizing and running these varied opportunities.
We also want to thank the students for their enthusiasm, initiative and commitment towards these opportunities.
If your child has not yet become involved please talk with them about trying something special and fun at our school.
Mr. Collins & Ms. Bongard