- “Tolerance is an act of humanity, which we must nurture and enact each in own lives every day, to rejoice in the di… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @MehtaBrenda @microsoftcanada @FCLEdu We will be posting most of the keynotes presentations, all the student voice… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @mswolfstadt: A great morning of learning at William Armstrong P.S. about “Taking the Learning Outside.” A beautiful day to explore the… 1 day ago
- RT @Thomasci: So grateful to take part in this morning’s Quest Learning by Doing session. Students shared their stories and accomplishments… 1 day ago
- RT @16thAvePS: Our learning by doing session was a HUGE success! Thank you to our Well-Being Team, you are rockstars!! #yrdsbQUEST @YRDSB @… 1 day ago
- That's a wrap on the #YRDSBQuest Learning By Doing sessions and our final day of The Quest for Well-being! Thank yo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- #YRDSBQuest attendees at Armitage Village PS are exploring identities, discussing bias and privilege and celebratin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- On a story walk with the #YRDSBQuest ‘over the hill and through the fields’ workshop @NLPSIceCats https://t.co/8FMuxkGH6W 1 day ago
- #YRDSBQuest educators learning about the value of outdoor education with @NLPSIceCats https://t.co/THPlAjSq27 1 day ago
- Attendees are beginning their #storywalk and are making connections to the land, reflecting on their surroundings a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: Student Well Being
May 13, 2014Posted by on
Tomorrow, our school will have a visited from the Eco Schools’ team from our board. The team will meet with our school’s team of students and teacher leader Ms. Miller. As part of the visit, these students will meet in the library to answer the visitors’ questions. There is then a walk about the school to see some of our work in action.
Stay tuned for feedback from the team.
March 5, 2014Posted by on
Today, we enjoyed another good news assembly.
Here are some highlights:
– We had a grade 1/2 class share a poem on Black History Month and share work they have been doing on a Kindness Quilt Project
– Our intermediate band performed for us all
– We celebrated the hard work of our boys and girls basketball teams
– One of our FDK classes shared a video from their inquiry on oceans
– Our School Eco Team shared a new initiative on Boomerang Lunches and handed out the Golden Recycling Bin
– Our care taking team shared the winner of the Golden Garbage Can Award
– Grade 7s shared some poetry
– Our Student Council celebrated the success of their Cookie Campaign
Another new month, another great assembly.
Good students, good staff, good news.
Mr. Collins & Ms. Bongard
January 8, 2014Posted by on
We are grateful to our staff for their work in our classrooms each day. We are also thankful when staff volunteer to provide opportunities outside of the instructional day. Currently, there are many additional opportunities for your children to be involved in, including:
– Primary soccer intramurals that take place Mondays at lunch.
– Junior boys and girls volleyball teams.
– Intermediate floor hockey intramurals that run Wednesdays and Fridays.
– Homework club for junior and intermediate students taking place on Wednesdays.
– Extra help sessions run by teachers at recesses or during the lunch hour
– Our School Eco Team runs each day at lunch.
– Our school Positive Climates for Learning committee meets a few times a month.
– We have junior helpers for our primary classrooms at lunch and for our Learning Commons.
– Our school Sign Language club runs weekly for all grades.
– A social skills leadership team run by our Educational Assistants and CYWs.
– An intermediate Girls’ Group runs Thursdays at lunch.
– Our Healthy Snack program includes student helpers.
– We have a student blog team that meets weekly.
– Intermediate Student Council meets monthly.
We again thank the staff for their time and effort organizing and running these varied opportunities.
We also want to thank the students for their enthusiasm, initiative and commitment towards these opportunities.
If your child has not yet become involved please talk with them about trying something special and fun at our school.
Mr. Collins & Ms. Bongard