- RT @ONeducation: More Children Now Have Access to Before- And After-School Care news.ontario.ca/m/46278 https://t.co/XvAGWByk2j 12 hours ago
- Join us for a Coffee Chat with your local Trustee & Board Chair! First chat in #Georgina @KeswickHS on Sept 27 @ 7P… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Next week is #SafetyWeek at #YRDSB and we want to see how our schools are staying safe! Share your activities with… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- RT @TLPCanada: Happy #InternationalDayOfPeace! Let's spread the love, respect and kindness today, tomorrow and every day. https://t.co/lRIn… 15 hours ago
- Next week #YRDSB will be celebrating #AllyWeek! Learn more about how you can be an Ally & join in the conversation… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- October 4 is #InternationalWalkToSchool day! Lace up your shoes, get active and enjoy a beautiful walk! Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 18 hours ago
- RT @BarbaraReidPS: #FramingFutures Whole school at #TerryFox kick-off assembly preparing for our run next week! @barbreidart @YRDSB https:/… 19 hours ago
- #YRDSB secondary students outperform provincial average in province-wide testing. Details: ow.ly/29GX30fj2kH 1 day ago
- To all those celebrating #RoshHashanah, we wish you and your families a very happy celebration! 1 day ago
- #YRDSB elementary students continue EQAO success by exceeding provincial averages. Details: ow.ly/E7rA30fiYzo 1 day ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: Trustee news
February 3, 2014Posted by on
We are pleased to share the following message from our trustee and chair of the board, Anna DeBartolo
Message from our Trustee
This is an exciting time for our Board. We recently launched our new Mission, Vision and Values, and the Board’s first slogan – Inspire Learning!
Our new mission statement – to advance student achievement and well-being through public education, which motivates learners, fosters inclusion, inspires innovation and builds community – will help to guide our work and move us forward in the months and years ahead.
Thank you to everyone who shared their input. We look forward to bringing these statements to life in our school communities.
We are now halfway through the school year, a good time to celebrate all that your children have achieved and to set goals for the rest of the year. I encourage you to speak with your child not only about what they are learning, but also how they are learning. There are so many exciting and innovative things happening in our schools.
Best wishes for an enjoyable and successful second term.
December 18, 2013Posted by on
We are pleased to share greetings from our trustee, and chair of the board, Anna DeBartolo
Message From Our Trustee
As 2013 draws to a close, I hope everyone has had a wonderful school year so far. As a trustee, I am always very proud to hear about the great things happening in our schools, thanks to the hard work of our students, staff and community members.
With the school year well underway I hope you have had an opportunity to get involved with the school community. There are many different ways to get involved. Our great schools become even better when everyone in the school community – families, students, staff and community partners – feels welcome and engaged in the school.
We will begin 2014 with a renewed Mission, Vision and Values statement. They are being updated to better reflect the school communities we serve, and the changes we have seen in education over the past decade. Thank you to everyone who took the time to share their views.
As we enter the winter months, on behalf of the trustees and staff of the York Region District School Board, I would like to wish you and your families a safe and happy holiday season, and a wonderful start to the new year.
September 5, 2013Posted by on
Please see this welcome back message from our trustee, and chair of our board, Anna DeBartolo:
Message from our Trustee
I am very pleased to welcome our new and returning families as we start another school year. I hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable summer, and feel refreshed and energized.
There is a lot to look forward to in the first few months of school, and I hope you will find an opportunity to get involved in some way. Partnerships with families are essential, not only to student achievement and well-being, but also to creating a positive, caring and supportive school environment in which students can thrive.
There are many ways you can get involved and support your child’s education from communicating with your child’s teacher and asking your child about what they are learning to volunteering in the school or participating in the school council.
Thanks to your support and the hard work and commitment of our staff, students, families and community partners, we continue to be one of the top performing school boards in Ontario.
As an elected trustee and an advocate for high quality public education, I am committed to ensuring the highest quality public education possible for our students and their families. In the coming year, we will continue our focus on the priorities set out in our Multi-Year Plan: student achievement and well-being, the delivery of effective and appropriate educational programs and the responsible stewardship of Board resources.
I hope you have a great start to the school year and wish you all the best for 2013-14.
June 21, 2013Posted by on
Message from our Trustee Anna DeBartolo
As the school year comes to a close, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for another successful school year.
A school is more than a place of learning – it is a community. Thanks to the ongoing efforts of our students, families, staff and community partners, we have created a welcoming, caring and inclusive learning environment where students can thrive.
Our school community has come together throughout the past year to celebrate diversity, support student learning and achievement, and to make a difference – whether it is to benefit our community, our environment or those less fortunate than us. This is a good time to recognize and celebrate your child’s successes over the past year, and to set goals for next year.
Learning does not need to end as summer begins. There are many opportunities to keep learning throughout the summer months, and I encourage you to continue seeking them. That could mean taking a nature walk, visiting a museum or gallery, volunteering in the community or reading a book.
Whatever your plans are over the next few months, I hope you have a safe and enjoyable summer.