- A huge congratulations to our 2017-18 top scholars! We are so proud of the hard work and dedication you have put fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- #MandelaDay: "You can start changing our world for the better daily, no matter how small the action." #WednesdayWisdom 18 hours ago
- RT @YRDSB_BBGrade1: Invitations for learning in the outdoors from BBFK and BB-1 professional learning. #YRDSB #YRDSBEarlyYears https://t.co… 1 day ago
- RT @activeforlife: Trail walking can be enjoyed by anyone and everyone! For little ones, this might be a bit more of a challenge. To keep t… 1 day ago
- Have you checked out the Ontario Fun Pass? There are all kinds of awesome Ontario attractions and activities for gr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- #YRDSB is pleased to welcome back our favourite host, @CarolCampbell4 for The Quest for Well-Being: Making Connecti… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- #DYK that all students in #YRDSB from Grade 7-12 and parents/guardians of students in Kindergarten to Grade 6 will… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @cityofmarkham: A very special thank you to the incredible Visual Arts students from @UHSupdates & @MiddlefieldCI who collaborated with… 2 days ago
- #YRDSB is ecstatic to welcome back @DrJeanforkids as a keynote speaker for #YRDSBQuest 2018! Don't miss her follow-… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Secondary Summer School Session 2 for credit recovery/reinforcement courses starts Tuesday, July 17 and ends Friday… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: twitter
May 1, 2013Posted by on
At the West School Council forum in April, there was a presentation on social media for parents. The presentation was shared by one of our board staff and he has kindly offered to share it with our community. The presentation shared some of the challenges and cautions for all of us with regards to technology and concluded with some of the valuable ways we can use social media to positively impact the work we do.
One way our board is working on supporting students and teachers with these new frontiers for new learning is through what we call our Knowledge Skills and Attitudes standards, namely:
1. Creativity and Innovation
2. Communication and Collaboration
3. Research and Information Fluency
4. Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision
5. Digital Citizenship
6. Technology Operations and Concepts
The notion of digital citizenship is worth careful consideration as we all work together to support our learners in developing safe and responsible uses of technology.
We also thank our police partners in York Region for their tips for parents on “Be Net Aware”.
Let us know what you think of the presentation document.
August 27, 2012Posted by on
It was wonderful to see families at our school today registering for the new school year. We have received some questions that many of our parents may in fact be wondering about. This week, watch for our Q and A in our twitter stream. As questions emerge from our conversations in person and on the phone, we will tweet them out along with answers. You can follow our twitter stream on the right hand side of our blog. Better yet, follow us on twitter @ljpschool for tweets from our school.
We hope you find them useful.