- RT @NancyBevilacqua: Today’s the 1st day of My Healthy Lunch Challenge for York Region Schools. Perfect timing with the release of the new… 15 hours ago
- @erika_golden Hello, the Inclement Weather Day will NOT be extended beyond regular school operating hours today, Mo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- RT @ONtrainandstudy: Are you a high school student attending college in the fall? Jan 31 at 11:59pm is the deadline to send in applications… 17 hours ago
- @DavidtheDeuce Hello, the Inclement Weather Day will NOT be extended beyond regular school operating hours today, M… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- This is so cool! Amazing to see our students exploring the final frontier! #STEM newspapers-online.com/auroran/?p=227… 18 hours ago
- Winter PSW registration will take place tomorrow (Jan 22) at noon at the Dr. Bette Stephenson Centre for Learning.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- RT @YRDSBDirector: Congratulations to the Canadian Tamil Congress for their incredible work supporting Tamils in Sri Lanka. @YRDSB is honou… 21 hours ago
- RT @camillelogan: Another fabulous evening at the @AEBSyrdsb annual fundraiser dinner and dance! @YRDSB @yrdsbinclusion #WakandaForev… 21 hours ago
- Amazing! We are so lucky to have such incredible staff. #BlueMonday twitter.com/TGern/status/1… 21 hours ago
- Today is #MartinLutherKingJrDay and we celebrate his life, achievements, legacy and his dedication to the civil rig… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
New frontiers for new learning
Category Archives: twitter
May 1, 2013Posted by on
At the West School Council forum in April, there was a presentation on social media for parents. The presentation was shared by one of our board staff and he has kindly offered to share it with our community. The presentation shared some of the challenges and cautions for all of us with regards to technology and concluded with some of the valuable ways we can use social media to positively impact the work we do.
One way our board is working on supporting students and teachers with these new frontiers for new learning is through what we call our Knowledge Skills and Attitudes standards, namely:
1. Creativity and Innovation
2. Communication and Collaboration
3. Research and Information Fluency
4. Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision
5. Digital Citizenship
6. Technology Operations and Concepts
The notion of digital citizenship is worth careful consideration as we all work together to support our learners in developing safe and responsible uses of technology.
We also thank our police partners in York Region for their tips for parents on “Be Net Aware”.
Let us know what you think of the presentation document.
August 27, 2012Posted by on
It was wonderful to see families at our school today registering for the new school year. We have received some questions that many of our parents may in fact be wondering about. This week, watch for our Q and A in our twitter stream. As questions emerge from our conversations in person and on the phone, we will tweet them out along with answers. You can follow our twitter stream on the right hand side of our blog. Better yet, follow us on twitter @ljpschool for tweets from our school.
We hope you find them useful.